Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Famous people (Non-Football) you've met face to face

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Okay, as people are making lists, can anyone beat me on Royalty? All due to a catering career in the RAF and then The Grand Hotel

King Hussein of Jordan
Prince Feisal of Jordan
King Baudouin I of Belgium
Prince Phillip
Princess Margaret

The Queen, Prince Phillip and Princess Michael of Kent at Buckingham Palace (a presentation);
Queen Mother, Prince Charles, Princess Anne, Prince William, Duchess of Kent, Prince Michael, Duke of Gloucester, Duke of Kent (various dinners/functions)

and "nearly royals".....
Tony Blair, Margaret Thatcher

........oh and when I was a kid in Brighton I was waiting on a function at the Labour Party conference and spilled a tureen of hot soup in Harold Wilson's lap (cost me the sack!)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Steven Spielberg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The Queen, Prince Phillip and Princess Michael of Kent at Buckingham Palace (a presentation);
Queen Mother, Prince Charles, Princess Anne, Prince William, Duchess of Kent, Prince Michael, Duke of Gloucester, Duke of Kent (various dinners/functions)

Bloody show off:down:

........oh and when I was a kid in Brighton I was waiting on a function at the Labour Party conference and spilled a tureen of hot soup in Harold Wilson's lap (cost me the sack!)

Ah, the old boiling hot soup in the lap trick. The very pinnacle of waiters revenge.
:clap2:

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Jon Pertwee
John Nathan-Turner
Peter Davison
Henry McGhee

Yoda

English & European
Micky Adams
Chris Adams
Mark Beeney
Roger Black
Kris Akabusi
Colin Jackson
Mark Lewis-Francis
Sean Baldock
Nick Buckfield
Michael Johnson
Dwayne Ladejo
Steve Nelson

Can't think of any more at the minute.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
sugar ray leonard, michael watson have to be the top two. mey few of the usual brighton (formerly elsewhere) faces, norman, zoe, kev roland et al.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was never allowed to meet Royalty when they visited various workplaces of mine. But my mother absolutely DETESTED Princess Margaret. An opinion gained from too much personal exposure to her.

Princess Margret exposed herself to your Mother:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I've met Dave The Gaffer, which I think you'll agree trumps you all.

:love::love::love::love:

I have met Tricky Dicky and Zoe and Norman Cook.( although not in the biblical sense of course););)

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Rusty Lee

Rustylee.jpg

At my sisters brownie jamboree or whatever its called, Pitchcroft Racecourse, Worcester 1987

beat that

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Rusty Lee

Rustylee.jpg

At my sisters brownie jamboree or whatever its called, Pitchcroft Racecourse, Worcester 1987

beat that

Haywards Heath Dolphin Fair in Victoria Park, 1970-something or other. Opened by then Blue Peter presenter Lesley Judd
lesley-judd.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here