Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer - today's stunt

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Look forward to hearing about it - whatever 'it' is - eventually. I suspect it will now not live up to this considerable hype.

Bit silly embargoing it. Local TV stations should not have that sort of clout. It's Meridian for Christ's sake, not Paxman.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Channel 954. :drink:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The Great Cornholio said:
What an amazing outburst. We were asked to respect an embargo and are doing so. And that makes us geek nerdy fans? Whatever as I believe the youngsters of the day say.

Not too sure why it is secret and why people are getting so wound up about it. We gave up an hour of our time, had a bit of a laugh, maybe helped the Falmer campaign and will get our ugly mugs on TV. Everyone was invited - why the hell get so heated?

As I say - I don't know what benefit keeping it secret will bring but as I was asked, I will respect the wishes. Some people are never happy if they are not flaming left right and centre.

Aye, surely there are more important things in the world to get wound up about :D Ah well, whatever, not my problem. :rave:

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
The History Man said:
Today's publicity stunt for Falmer went extremely well and was very funny for those who were there.

BBC and Meridian were both there, so look out on Meridian Tonight and BBC South, also BBC Breakfast News and News 24, I am told. Plus Argus, nationals - definitely The Times - and of course the Albion website.

A very big thank you to one particular Albion fan - you will know who when you see the coverage.

It was a great event and another fun item in our campaign, an aspect that we know for sure John Prescott has appreciated. (By the way, this replaces the opening day stunt that was planned for Saturday.)

Many thanks to those who volunteered to help.

Tim Carder
Falmer For All Campaign
Chairman, BHA Supporters' Club

Brave Guy wearing a Palarse Shirt - I hope he had a shower aftwerwards !!

Well done, great publicity.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
well that was worth it (Meridian news) :rolleyes:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Just seen it, very funny, who was the guy in the Palarse shirt though ? They're not all tossers.

Last edited:

Re: Re: Falmer - today's stunt

mindyjaja said:
Brave Guy wearing a Palarse Shirt - I hope he had a shower aftwerwards !!

Well done, great publicity.

He was an actual Palace fan - fair play. And Meridian held the shot just long enough to show me emptying some on him! :lolol:

Good sport - he said we could empty a bucket on him if we score at Smellhurst.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Des Lynham was shown getting a soaking by fans to show what home games at Withdean are like, bloody good idea.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I was there.

I would LOVE someone to come up to my FACE and call me a tosser.

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Falmer - today's stunt

He was an actual Palace fan - fair play. And Meridian held the shot just long enough to show me emptying some on him! :lolol:

Good sport - he said we could empty a bucket on him if we score at Smellhurst.

Fairplay to the guy !!!

Well done again - thought the slogan on the waterproof was excellent.:clap2:

And here are the geeky, nerdy fans responsible!

des.jpg

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Just seen it, very funny, who was the guy in the Palarse shirt though ? They're not all tossers.

"very funny"

you're not all there are you ??? that was complete pants. "oh look, lets get Des wet for 20seconds of news time....everyone will find it hilarious..." :shootself

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
We did not come up with the idea, we just volentered for something. So don't slag us off (i'm the one in the Sheff Utd Shirt)

An interesting side note - Des signed all the shirts so they can be sold to raise funds. All except the Reading one as they have asked for theirs back. :censored: They really don't want people to like them. As for the teams that didn't send one - they should be named and shamed. Cardiff and Palarse spring to mind.

Sep 24, 2003
Seven Dials
Tough break running out of shirts - but at least you got to talk to the "lovely" Julie Knox - I've never seen so many people take a collective step back when she arrived! :lolol:

Are you in that photo TGC?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here