Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer: Supporters' bar/beer/music/PA update

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Morning all. Had a good meeting with the club last night to discuss the above. Plans for the supporters' bar are coming along fine. Beer as below, some seating but plenty of room for standing, TV screens of course, 250 capacity first come first served, and since it will be a coffee/snack bar outside matchdays there will definitely be food provision too, more details soon. We'll have a sound system in situ so we can play music if we want to. Decor - the Fan Mosaic will be on one of the entrance walls, and the club have asked for 'Goldstone Ghosts' to be on the other one nearest the museum (which is adjacent) There will be a series of portraits of our most legendary players - which ones we can decide with a vote on here - and plenty of room for movable decorations which can be hung behind the bar and so on. Obviously everything is still at the planning stage but I thought I'd give you an update.

As regards the beer, for you lager lovers Heineken - one of the better ones in my opinion - is going to be the main stadium lager. Dark Star Hophead and Harveys will be on sale in at least one of the concourses in every part of the ground as already mentioned. Cider will also be available. The same beers will be on sale in the supporters' bar. As long as sales there go well we can make a case for a wider selection of real ales/more speciality lagers etc in this bar.

The matchday experience is going to be ultra 21st century - big screens, TV announcer, music controlled from a production gallery. It is going to be about as different from Withdean as possible - and so it should be. I am going into retirement at the end of this season so any complaints about the matchday music will need to be directed to the production team!
I must emphasise that I am completely happy with this (and some people here will be too!) I've had 13 happy years on the PA at Gillingham and Withdean doing my eclectic thing. Falmer is a totally different ball game. It will be lovely to just sit there after a few beers, watch the game, and make sarky comments about the music selection :)

As regards my good friend Paul S I do hope the club find him a role in the matchday announcing team. He has been a massive servant of the club over so many years and I think he deserves it. I've said as much.

Onwards and upwards!

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Heineken as main stadium lager is immense, with Dark Star and Harveys also- is there any other stadium in the UK with a better selection of beverages :love:

edit: added in UK as I am sure there is better in Germany!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well done for getting the real ale in. However much I love the piranhas I hope the PA will not be used to play them (pig bag) after every great Albion goal.

Look forward to being in the bar, will away fans be let in and is it big enough for a beer fesitval with live music.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Cheers attila, bloody hope there is no goal music!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Who's Paul Amillin?

Is that Nsider? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here