Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Falmer' not 'Amex'...please!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Amex is it, pumped 5 million in to the club, happy to be associated.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Please let's avoid avoid the trap Arsenal fans have fallen into and not give a multi-national company (which, lest us forget, makes much of its profit from interest charges incurred by ordinary hardworking folk) additional advertising by word of mouth.

The Arsenal ST holders I know refer to their ground as Ashburton Grove

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I realise that this thread has been posted before but, seeing as this is the day, I thought it apt to raise the issue again.

Having been in the audience of Thursday evening's hugely enjoyable 'Brighton til I Die' at the Theatre Royal, the significance of the actual word 'Falmer' came through clearer than ever.

I really hope that we as fans refer to our maginificent new stadium as 'Falmer' and not the 'Amex'. As has been posted before, where was this credit card giant when we were in our darkest hours?

Please let's avoid avoid the trap Arsenal fans have fallen into and not give a multi-national company (which, lest us forget, makes much of its profit from interest charges incurred by ordinary hardworking folk) additional advertising by word of mouth.

Can't wait to visit FALMER at 3pm today! FALMER forever!

Grow up, nothing wrong with calling it by it's proper name.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Ironic in a way, I used to work in a building that was demolished to make way for the Emirates, it was right across the road from the corporation tip. Brings a whole new meaning to the expression 'What a load of rubbish'.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Ironic in a way, I used to work in a building that was demolished to make way for the Emirates, it was right across the road from the corporation tip. Brings a whole new meaning to the expression 'What a load of rubbish'.

albionite

May 20, 2009

I really hope that we as fans refer to our maginificent new stadium as 'Falmer' and not the 'Amex'. As has been posted before, where was this credit card giant when we were in our darkest hours?

Can't wait to visit FALMER at 3pm today! FALMER forever!

Are you saying we cannot accept help from anyone, unless they were around during the dark days?

I think the main reason Amex sponsor the stadium is due to the community work the stadium has to offer.
What they do to their cardmembers is no different to what Visa or mastercard do.

Anyway, Amex for me if thats ok :)

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
Its the Albion for me ...

Appreciate the sponsorship from Amex, and I'm not gonna call the shirts Brighton and Hove Jobs either.

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Are you saying we cannot accept help from anyone, unless they were around during the dark days?

I think the main reason Amex sponsor the stadium is due to the community work the stadium has to offer.
What they do to their cardmembers is no different to what Visa or mastercard do.

Anyway, Amex for me if thats ok :)

Fine with me; everyone is entitled to an opinion. Enjoy the stadium!

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
54 posts, you put up 2, a couple posted more than once, so if we say it's a 45 for and one against majority, I think the FOR Amex, slightly outweigh the against? :p

Judging by the tone of your post, have you considered Pyongyang as your next holiday destination? Think you might enjoy their view on 'democracy'. Anyway, enjoy the stadium! Over and out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here