Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Falmer' not 'Amex'...please!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
'The Amex' for me, but really what difference does it make what people call it?

It's home.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
The thing is, it was known as Falmer for many, many years as this is area name where we were all campaigning for our new stadium to be and it couldn't really be reffered to as anything else.

However, it should be branded The Amex now as this is based on the naming of the ground, sponsorship etc. And now when the word Falmer is mentioned, it reminds me of the long, hard fight we had to get where we are now, and I think 'Falmer' should be recognised for this

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I realise that this thread has been posted before but, seeing as this is the day, I thought it apt to raise the issue again.

Having been in the audience of Thursday evening's hugely enjoyable 'Brighton til I Die' at the Theatre Royal, the significance of the actual word 'Falmer' came through clearer than ever.

I really hope that we as fans refer to our maginificent new stadium as 'Falmer' and not the 'Amex'. As has been posted before, where was this credit card giant when we were in our darkest hours?

Please let's avoid avoid the trap Arsenal fans have fallen into and not give a multi-national company (which, lest us forget, makes much of its profit from interest charges incurred by ordinary hardworking folk) additional advertising by word of mouth.

Can't wait to visit FALMER at 3pm today! FALMER forever!

As a former member of Varndean VI Form College myself, I would say that if the Club want it to be called the Amex, then the Amex it is.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Falmex

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
'Falmer' reminds me of the long struggle. The marches, the not-in-my-back-yard types, the postcards, the years at Withdean.

I'm happy to call our new home the Amex.

I realise that this thread has been posted before but, seeing as this is the day, I thought it apt to raise the issue again.

Having been in the audience of Thursday evening's hugely enjoyable 'Brighton til I Die' at the Theatre Royal, the significance of the actual word 'Falmer' came through clearer than ever.

I really hope that we as fans refer to our maginificent new stadium as 'Falmer' and not the 'Amex'. As has been posted before, where was this credit card giant when we were in our darkest hours?

Please let's avoid avoid the trap Arsenal fans have fallen into and not give a multi-national company (which, lest us forget, makes much of its profit from interest charges incurred by ordinary hardworking folk) additional advertising by word of mouth.

Can't wait to visit FALMER at 3pm today! FALMER forever!

Well you got shot down in flames didn't you! Amex it is!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Falmer is where we wanted it to be.......and it is.

The Amex is what the stadium is called

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Amex for me too. Everyone is calling it that, from TV presenters to the clubs hierarchy. Their sponsorship has helped and should be duly recognised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here