Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer March - Monday 26 September

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
Falmer march

Just received this e-mail- can it be made a sticky?

I have this evening returned from a meeting to confirm a March for Falmer along Brighton sea-front on MONDAY, 26th SEPTEMBER, to coincide with the Labour Party Conference which is in Brighton again this year. I'm sending this email out to alert everyone in advance of the more organised publicity.

With the Falmer decision deadline on 31st October, THIS IS OUR LAST CHANCE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. We don't know if it will make a difference but we cannot afford not to try, so PLEASE COME ALONG. BRING YOUR FRIENDS, COLLEAGUES, RELATIVES, NEIGHBOURS - AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN - AND SPREAD THE WORD. Supporters of other clubs will be welcome. Colours, placards, banners, etc are encouraged. REMEMBER, THIS IS THE LAST THING YOU WILL HAVE TO DO IN THE SAGA THAT IS FALMER!

We will have flyers and posters available at the two home games between then and 26th September (Sheffield United and Coventry) which you will be able to collect from our campaign tables for the South and North Stands. Please take them and distribute them yourselves so that as many people as possible know. These will be available by email soon.

The format will be very similar to last year's march. Meet on Brighton sea-front (Madeira Drive) to the east of the Palace Pier (by Volk's Railway Station) at 5pm for a start at 5.30pm. The march will again proceed to the conference at the Brighton Centre where a rally will be held. This year, though, we will disperse immediately after the rally rather than march back to the start.

Remember, there will be no parking in Madeira Drive itself. Allow plenty of time and use buses if you can. A £2.60 Saver ticket will allow you unlimited travel all day.

PLEASE TURN UP. DON'T THINK IT WON'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE - IT JUST MIGHT.

Tim Carder
Chairman
BHA Supporters' Club

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i Didnt get the chance to go last time, would love to go this time with Stevie Boy Junior (will be a month old then) but dont know anyone personally and dont want to be a loner

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You won't be a loner. There'll be loads of us there.
We are returning from Athens and due to land at 14.30 so will have time to get down from Gatwick

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It will also be a good opportunity to talk to the new players. Let the French ones know what it's like to have a massive target painted over the city you are marching in when the Govt is in town.

Oh, and I don't think this is exactly private news, and I am not risking national security for this, but John Prescott will be staying in the Hilton Brighton Metropole (the big red brick hotel next door to The Grand). He was on the balcony outside his room straight after the march. Unfortunately, there were only about 10 of us who saw him.

There is a new balcony there now.

Last edited:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I went last time, and I'm going again - that's for sure.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Will be on my hols so won't be able to make it :(

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Supposed to be flying to Hungaery on a business trip for a week that day but will try and put it back a day or two. If I come this time I'll be bringing the wife and the new seagulls supporter she's carrying :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Congratulations.

:clap2:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Cheers mate....... already trying to convince the wife to move a little more south for the Saturday afternboon education at Withdean/Falmer for the little one... think she's got an evil plan to make him/her a Bishops Stortford fan!!!:ohmy: :ohmy:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Get to leave work early - anyone in Surrey area want a lift down?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here