Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Fanzine

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
FALMER FANZINE - ONLY A POUND?

Should be ready for the Tranmere Home game - Wed. 10th March.

Writers including: Ian Hart, Easy 10, Pethicks Haircut, El Presidente, Safeway and more..

Topics including: The Swan Inn says, "We Want Falmer"; Flowers to Westminster; Valentines Card to Hull; Superphils Falmer Banners; The Clocktower Leaflet Shower and much, much more! :eek:

Anything to add?

Email it off to: rmhulluni@aol.com

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You've got to put a fans page 3 in there somewhere Turkey. Errm, preferably on page 3. It doesn't have to go the whole hog, just something to get the red blooded males going. (you never know, Safeway might even get excited just a little)

PS I'd be very willing to offer my services free to take the pics

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Page 3 section featuring members of the Daft Bints?

:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thats a couple of articles done for the fanzine. Hope you enjoy them. :thumbsup:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Re the thread below Pictures of Withdean, what about an "Away Fans View" of Withdean for the fanzine?

We're kinda used to it but they are pretty much universal in their condemnation of the place.

Who was it who said it was like playing a "pre-season friendly in Norway"?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lush said:
Re the thread below Pictures of Withdean, what about an "Away Fans View" of Withdean for the fanzine?

We're kinda used to it but they are pretty much universal in their condemnation of the place.

Who was it who said it was like playing a "pre-season friendly in Norway"?

To quote a Plymouth fan on the official msg board recently. 'your village green' ground

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Turkey. I have already started laying it up.
Could have emailed me really as I have pretty much finished the layout etc and it was my idea.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Richie Morris said:
Turkey. I have already started laying it up.
Could have emailed me really as I have pretty much finished the layout etc and it was my idea.

Richie with all due respect you do have "previous" about talking a good fanzine without actually doing anything about it.

Why don't you pm Turkey and sort it out rather than posting on a thread?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yes Lush I do, which I admitted yesterday followed by saying I was going to get this one done etc. I do also have 'previous' for recently getting my finger out and helping to organise a demo in Hull and getting press to turn up. This is about Falmer and so I will put the work in, and already have done.
PS I have pm'd Turkey and emailed him as well.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Richie,

I've recieved no email or PM.

If I have annoyed you, I apologise. I've only spread the word and got some people writing for it though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The fundamentals need to be sorted out:

- who will print it
- what quality that print (and paper) will be
- what the printing will cost
- what format and what lead time those printers will want (given you will want the content to be as current as possible when you public)
- what size the fanzine (both in terms of number of pages and paper size (conventional A3 or A4))
- what, if anything you will charge for it.
- who will underwrite the costs should they not be recouped.

Most of these decisions are all wrapped up together - but you need a printer.

Given that I understand the aim is to get the Falmer message over to as many Albion fans as possible, you are probably looking at a large print run - dare I say 5000+. This will obviously cost, so I reckon you need to be looking at A3, say 24 pages, and the lowest quality paper you can find. As I say - this is based on the assumption that the message is more important than the presentation.

You could try and get a few local sponsors on board - a half page ad for a few quid. It could be that enough sponsorships would enable the fanzine to be handed, for free, to people. Or use sponsorship in hand with donations.

Speaking from experience of Scars & Stripes - you have to realise that as a fanzine seller you rank somewhere alongside a Big Issue seller and people will take a wide berth to avoid you. A lot of people don't want to part with a quid. Given this a 'free' handout may be the best approach, if the finances can be structured to support it.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm about to have a wash, get some credit, then I'll phone West Sussex Litho and see what's what.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Called printers and they're going to ring me in the morning to discuss costs.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Bozza said:
Given that I understand the aim is to get the Falmer message over to as many Albion fans as possible, you are probably looking at a large print run - dare I say 5000+. This will obviously cost, so I reckon you need to be looking at A3, say 24 pages, and the lowest quality paper you can find. As I say - this is based on the assumption that the message is more important than the presentation.

In this case, are we not also trying to get some messages across to the "still to be converted"? In which case presentation might be important.

Could we perhaps have an article which re-looks at all the other "options" (*stifles yawn*).....Lord B????

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Richie,

I used to run the fanzine On the Up/Seaside Saga. I used Page 4 printers on Portland Road in Hove (yellow shop). His name is John and he was a hell of a lot cheaper than anyone else i asked (about £300) - and i shopped around extensively! He's also an Albion fan - so well worth seeing what he could do.

His embittered ex-business partner (a guy called Manuel) who owns/manages the cafe at the bottom of Combe Road recently told me that if i wanted to start the fanzine again he knew where i could get it done 'much cheaper'. Unfortunately i live in London now so can't pop in to see him, and i don't know the name of the cafe to give it a ring - but if anyone on here lives near Combe Road, perhaps they could pop in and ask him for you?

Marc

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
balloonboy said:
In this case, are we not also trying to get some messages across to the "still to be converted"? In which case presentation might be important.

Could we perhaps have an article which re-looks at all the other "options" (*stifles yawn*).....Lord B????

I think we've realised that 5,000 is crazy talk. It'll be expensive to produce. I think there will be approx 700 @ a £1 each.

As for the other sites. :yawn: :lol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here