Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Fanzine

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why not make it a £1 and profits to FFA ?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Lush said:
I agree. The leaflets are preaching to the infidels. This is a fanzine to give Albion supporters a bit of a fillip.

If Marc's printer suggestions come off could we make it 50p?

I'm going to be very busy at Uni over the next 2 days so if someone else could take a look at Marc's suggestion that would be grand.

However, I think West Sussex Litho are the route we'll be taking. They were supportive on the phone, will do us a good deal and are ringing me in the morning. I think the guy is a season ticket holder.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Beach Hut said:
Why not make it a £1 and profits to FFA ?

If there are any profits they will deffinatly go to FFA. Unless of course the campaign has finished and they need no money. In which case 40 notes or REMF I imagine.

I'm a bit more concerned about recouping the costs though!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
oapdodge said:
Any left over could be given out at grounds on March 6th.

I don't think we'll have been selling them before March 6th. Unlikely we can get them out for Brentford! First game will probably be Port Vale.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Turkey said:
I think we've realised that 5,000 is crazy talk. It'll be expensive to produce. I think there will be approx 700 @ a £1 each.

As for the other sites. :yawn: :lol:

Personally, I think this needs to be done properly or not at all. I have a potential sponsor interested, but I don't think they'll be interested if the quality is poor. Scars and Stripes quality would be ideal.

Any thoughts?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
balloonboy said:
Personally, I think this needs to be done properly or not at all. I have a potential sponsor interested, but I don't think they'll be interested if the quality is poor. Scars and Stripes quality would be ideal.

Any thoughts?

Then, in all honesty, you need a professional designer, and to spend a fair bit on nice glossy paper.

A sponsor would help that, but I think it's a chicken and egg situation.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Bozza said:
Then, in all honesty, you need a professional designer, and to spend a fair bit on nice glossy paper.

A sponsor would help that, but I think it's a chicken and egg situation.

Yep - agreed. It's either cheap and cheerful (and quick), or Scars & Stripes style, with the need for a sponsor or two/three, chucking in £500.

Depends what we're trying to achive I suppose - perhaps we need to have absolute clarity regards the purpose, then the quality issue will be easy to judge.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Want to try and have it ready for the Tranmere home game on Wed March 10th.

The purpose? I think we've done all we can do to inform those in the dark. We may even have a decision by the 10th or soon after.

So, personally, I would go for a cheap and cheerful fanzine.

Someone has got to put some cash up front for printing costs and I can not afford to gamble with my money! If I put anything in I need to know I'll get it back through sales!

I guess it depends on what the majority feel is the best thing to do. So...

Nov 3, 2003
how about an 'alternative' view from the genius? As you know i do not openly offend anyone with personal remarks, abusive behaviour and the like but offer the opinions of a gifted football genius. I will even promise to run any contributions through a spell checker. Come on you know the fan base read the genius though noone likes to admit to it, Im offering this support to help boost your sales. References to Falmer can be edited out though a brief edititorial policy may suffice should you feel this is necessary. This is not a wind up but an opportunity to put across a more balances view. If you want to laugh this off, no hard feelings, but as I said im not posting this as a wind up. I appreciate some 'distant' past accounts may not support that statement.

Last edited:

Nov 3, 2003
OK Turkey,

I’m happy to contribute an article to the fanzine. Assuming you don’t want lots of articles on the same subject and repeated similar outlooks thereon, do you have any subjects that the editorial have in mind or are you accepting more or less anything Albion/Football related.

Some immediate off the cuff thoughts on articles could be-

I visit non-league grounds/games around Sussex and occasionally beyond so just a few lines on the facilities, quality of game, that’s sorta thing.

Goldstone Memories –
Arsenal/Liverpool/Crawley/Kingstonian in the Cup those sorts of things.

FGs opinions etc re The England Team/International Game, Euro 2004, Youth Football/Development, Reserve Football, Safety/Football Violence, Books read of football, The Internet/Web Sites of ‘interest’, Football Formations/tactics, football in the news

Let me know how you wanna play this, who to email (assume its Richie Morris at rmhulluni@aol.com and when by and if there’s a free reign etc. or whether he/whoever wants to see the subject matter beforehand. Any guidelines on how much/little, i.e. an A4 sheet or 2/number of words anything I should know as guideline that you think would be relevant.

FG

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The floor is yours.

Only thing out of bounds is Anti-Falmer articles I guess!

I think anything Albion/Football related is okay. Although obviously the main focus is Falmer.

Non-League grounds/Goldstone memories both sound like decent ideas.

If you could then email it to Richie!

Cheers.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Richie has asked for everything to be in by the weekend. However, as we'll be looking to get it out for the Tranmere game on the 10th I reckon we need it before the 3rd. That gives us a week to get it into print.

Nov 3, 2003
ok thats great gives me time to get the article off to Richie, shall aim for at least couple days in advance of 3rd deadline, hopefully at end this weekend.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Turkey/Richie
You'll need the pictures on a disk - given that the high res versions, in some cases, are around 7mb a pic. Can one of you email/pm me with an address so I can get them off to you asap.
Cheers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here