Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Fanzine

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Just a thought, would it be possible to publish the Falmer fanzine online, perhaps as a PDF file?

That way it would reach a far wider audience. If it needs to make money could it be some sort of subscription site?

I'm not likely to get to a game for a few weeks and I'd like to read it, I'm sure others will feel the same.

Great work guys by the way.:clap: :clap:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I will need to convert it from quark to pdf file to send to printers anyway.
Anyone know if this is easy? I feel a bit cheeky asking the IT person who does it for me at uni when we produce the lagazine to help out with a fanzine as Im not meant to be using uni stuff for this.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Richie Morris said:
I will need to convert it from quark to pdf file to send to printers anyway.
Anyone know if this is easy? I feel a bit cheeky asking the IT person who does it for me at uni when we produce the lagazine to help out with a fanzine as Im not meant to be using uni stuff for this.

Dead easy ... depends which version of Quark you have got. If it is v5 or v6 it allows you to Save As a PDF file

If you need any help PM me

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I have some web space I can upload it to if you like, just send me the PDF file when it's done. salmonpn@aol.com

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
If we are to publish an online version it may be better to host it on an established Albion site rather than start another one. Would Simon from Brighton Fans.com be interested perhaps?

I don't mind using some of my web space, I'm happy to help in any way I can. I just want to make sure we do this the best we can and make it available to the masses!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Best to buy www.wewantfalmer.com or summin like that. I can host it if you need. Also, not all PC's can read PDF files, so I'd be happy to type it up/scan in pictures and host it purly as a word document. That might help. :)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If it goes online maybe it should after we've sold them all. Otherwise people might not bother buying it!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Turkey said:
If it goes online maybe it should after we've sold them all. Otherwise people might not bother buying it!

Perhaps online readers could be asked for donations, Paypal or something?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'd want to know where we stand financially before we make any decision about putting it online. I think it'll be fine but if we need to sell so many copies to break even I would prefer to do that and then put it online. I'm sure we can put copies in the post for people who can't get to games.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hosting can be done at NSC for no cost whether on an NSC URL or using a new one, as suggested.

Elsewhere bandwidth may cost - the document may be quite a size.

Offer is there, anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here