Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer delay......

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
oh what excellent news

according to deadly doug, the finance is there "FACT" so there is absoloutely nothing to worry about playing for another year at withdean and the associated losses.

wonderful.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
"Archaeologists have already been sent to make exploratory investigations".

Why the f have these people not been all over the site years ago? Why wait until a month before they start digging?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
"Archaeologists have already been sent to make exploratory investigations".

Why the f have these people not been all over the site years ago? Why wait until a month before they start digging?

exactly

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The optimistic amongst us might consider that the delay (which is actually only until December at present - but as everyone has noted they dont want to move mid-season) now has a built in buffer to allow for any further delays during construction. The less optimistic may not see it that way..

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
DK in an interview said we would be so much better off being back in the championship but i can't remember the figure that was quoted.

yeah, and if my granny had bollocks, she would have been my grandad

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Thanks for clearing that up Dave :lolol:

yes but that is one of dk's spectacularily obvious statements.

at the end of the day we are a mid table third division side who average 5000 hardy souls depending on directors to bail us out.

I genuinely feel sorry for DK as I am sure he thought it would be all built and bedded in now and he could retire to Spain to live out his life in the Sun as he should....instead the poor bastard has to wake up to delays/credit crisis/ whingers like me/ lickers/ and fans with larger expectations than possible.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hardly unexpected. I'm with THPP, I refuse to get re-enthused until I see proof of a stadium excavation and some building work.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The other obvious question then. How much more income from the league would we get for being a division higher?

The current deal is worth about £38m a year to the Football League, and is split 80% to Championship clubs, 12% to League 1 and 8% to League 2.

This works out as about £1.25m a season to Championship clubs, and £190,000 a year to those in League One. So the difference is just over £1m a year.

On top of this is that attendances in the Championship are higher, and for the Albion I think we could prudently expect gates of 1,000 a match higher than at present. This would give higher income of a further 1,000 x 23 x £15 (£15 is what the club get after travel voucher and VAT have been deducted), which works out as a further £350,000.

Against that is the higher cost of wages at Championship level.

mongoose

Jul 24, 2007
Seem to recall the figure quoted for being in the championship rather than league one next season was around 2 million extra

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seem to recall the figure quoted for being in the championship rather than league one next season was around 2 million extra

Shutting the stable door after horse has bolted. We had the opportunity to stay in the Championship but after selling all our best players the board did not back McGhee with the funds to stay there. No point whinging about it now, we probably couldn't raise the money at the time anyway and Falmer was not finally approved either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here