Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Decision (message from Nic)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,f*** sake........
The last time I think you may find,OTLWs source got the day correct and said" you will be happy with the outcome"We were happy with the outcome ,considering that Collyer tore our case up for arse paper,the outcome was pretty good,Prezza could have given a straight no there and then.
KEEP THE FAITH.....

Last edited:

I can't believe I've just trawled through 14 pages of this thread in the hope of gleaming some inside info, only to discover that On the left wing, Yorkie and God are convinced it's a yes and will be announced this week. NSC, what would I do without it.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I doubt there will be a club press conference now because most of them will have set off for Sheffield by now.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I can categorically confirm that the decision will be made by 31 st October 2005 and it will be a yes or a no. I hope that helps :dunce: :jester:

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
As far as I concerned its the CLUBS decision to announce the result, why is it always the same people on here who think they have the 'god' given right to speak for everyone else connected to the Albion? And then they have the nerve to say don't blame me if I'm wrong, I'm putting my reputation on the line etc... I've been following this club for 30 years and I don't put myself forward as some great know it all. I bloody hope Prescott waits until next monday now.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Stumpy Tim said:
People are getting very excited here about a rumour coming from OTLW's source. The last time he had such a good tip about Falmer getting a Yes, we were told No.

Great

This isn't the same person who tipped off OTLW last time. The last time we had a Falmer announcement OTLW correctly predicted the date but I don't think he said it was a "Yes". He just got the date right and a load of people gave him some right shit about it until it turned out he was correct.

Personally I wouldn't stick my head above the parapet on something like this unless I was 100% sure.

burrish gull said:
As far as I concerned its the CLUBS decision to announce the result, why is it always the same people on here who think they have the 'god' given right to speak for everyone else connected to the Albion? And then they have the nerve to say don't blame me if I'm wrong, I'm putting my reputation on the line etc... I've been following this club for 30 years and I don't put myself forward as some great know it all. I bloody hope Prescott waits until next monday now.
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH knocky noodles!

Stumpy Tim

s.stubbs said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,f*** sake........
The last time I think you may find,OTLWs source got the day correct and said" you will be happy with the outcome"We were happy with the outcome ,considering that Collyer tore our case up for arse paper,the outcome was pretty good,Prezza could have given a straight no there and then.
KEEP THE FAITH.....

I'm sorry, I didn't realise that we were all happy. Actually, I wasn't f***ing happy. It was a NO & another few months of playing at the morgue called Withdean.

Stumpy Tim

Ex Shelton Seagull said:
This isn't the same person who tipped off OTLW last time. The last time we had a Falmer announcement OTLW correctly predicted the date but I don't think he said it was a "Yes". He just got the date right and a load of people gave him some right shit about it until it turned out he was correct.

Personally I wouldn't stick my head above the parapet on something like this unless I was 100% sure.

He said we would be happy with the result, which was nonsense. Date was right, and I don't blame him as he was relaying a message - getting rumours like this is a big reason people come on NSC.

BUT, I am not excited by this in any way.

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim said:
I'm sorry, I didn't realise that we were all happy. Actually, I wasn't f***ing happy. It was a NO & another few months of playing at the morgue called Withdean.
I can assure you it wasn't a no,otherwise we would not be having this disscussion now,would we?
Admittedly people were down at he time,but it was Prezzas chance to say no after Collyers report and He didn't.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Just back at my home and office (survived on an extortionate dial up modem at the country hotel I stayed at) and teh same last night at my parents (dial up ... not extortionate!) and like the rest if you spent ages reading 14 pages of this thread.

My source is as I have described him/her (okay it's a him!) ... he is a prominent London lawyer whom I trust implicitly. His own club has gone through similar shit to ours, so he knows how we all feel ... so NO WIND UP!

I meanwhile telephoned my other mate (whom I have known for over 15 years) and who works as a civil servant in Whitehall (he is the one who told us the time and date of the Falmer announcement in summer 2004 - BTW HE DID NOT tell us which way the decision was going to go ... that's an urban myth so check the threads!). He was back at work at 9am today and was doing his utmost to corroborate the lawyer's steer.

I am off to the dentist again - and that gorgeous dental nurse - will report back later IF I get anymore

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
On the Left Wing said:

I am off to the dentist again - and that gorgeous dental nurse - will report back later IF I get anymore

Did you get any off her last time then?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
burrish gull said:

The FACT is that last time, Lord B opened the letter BEFORE the club did.

The FACT is, that somepeople DO find out in advance, and some people DO have potential inside information. The trouble is, it's down to individuals to decide whether you can seperate the fact from the fiction. Who do you believe - You decide. Very few people set out to mislead.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Stumpy Tim said:
It felt like a No, so I wasn't happy.

It felt like a 'No' for Mavis Saggytits, that fuckwit female reporter from SCR and the other inbreds from 'The Village'. They went so far as popping Champagne corks live on-air in the field-only to get a massive kick in the rectum a while later when they realised it wasn't the 'No' they thought it was.

It felt like a final 'NO' until clearer heads posted an explanation of what was really said.

I'm going to wait for the Club's announcement before I go apeshit (either joyfully or dejectedly).

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Wanderer said:
The FACT is that last time, Lord B opened the letter BEFORE the club did.

The FACT is, that somepeople DO find out in advance, and some people DO have potential inside information. The trouble is, it's down to individuals to decide whether you can seperate the fact from the fiction. Who do you believe - You decide. Very few people set out to mislead.

The Vice-Chancellor of the university opened it before the club too. His office may, or may not, be upstairs in my building.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here