Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Decision (message from Nic)

DannyBhoy

Jul 5, 2003
Burwash, East Sussex
The Keeper said:
Even if it is a YES, I still wont be convinced until they actually start building it and will only truly be happy when the first ball is kicked !

For some reason I think there is still more drama to come!

Once presscot says YES,

Its a yes mate!! they cant appeal or anything like that

Re: Falmer Decision

DIFFBROOK said:
I happen to believe this rumour. But the rumour seems to be only Civil Service advice, not a Ministerial decision which are two seperate things. Being a civil servant myself I know a thing or two about briefing and advice to ministers. Civil Servants would set out the application for a new stadium, together with a number of different recommendations. These probably are set out as a straight forward yes , yes with conditions and no with alternative site. Advice to ministers would show these recommendations shown as most recommended to least recommended

This rumour suggests yes, or yes with conditions. Now most Ministers do follow their CS advice, but it has been known that they have not.

I'm not gonna count my chickens just yet, but it does look good.

Btw, I think it will be Tuesday
I agree about the chickens.

But the rumour is that Yvette Cooper (who is the Minister at the ODPM with responsibility for Planning) has said YES.

It may well be that Prescott hasn't been involved at all in the decision. He usually leaves these things to the Ministers with the specific service responsibilities.

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
East Preston Gull said:
I am sorry but this still reeks of a wind up.

I still think it will be a yes but only because of the bust up that prescott and" Morman" Baker have been having over Lewes flood defence. Mr Prescott does not like him at all and seems to mock him at every oppertunity.

Mr baker has quickly turned to the flood defences crisis in an attempt to divert attention from the Yes vote....(allegedly).

Same. I think it will be a YES but when it will be I don't think any of us know for sure.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
KinkyGoebels said:
bright eyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Yorkie said:
I haven't claimed that anywhere. What I am saying is that God revealed the outcome.
Hmmm.. not exactly specific, to us, is it? Run this past me again?
"Ezra 6:22 For seven days they celebrated with joy the Feast of Unleavened Bread, because the Lord had filled them with joy by changing the attitude of the king of Assyria, so that he assisted them in the work on the house of God."

I mean, does the King of Assyria vet all planning applications, or only those in Falmer. (3,000 miles away; no Nimby he!) How do you know this revelation wasn't anticipating some bloke's graden shed application. Or the new Sainsbury's at Brighton Station? And hey, any bible-bashing Falmer Nimby could have read this as celebrating a No decision. Coded clue: The Swan serves up a mean Unleavened Bread Ploughmans....

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Very funny.
:lolol: :lolol:
I like your sense of humour.

Perhaps Dwayne has the right idea and rely on superstition instead.

Fingers crossed eh? ;) :lolol: :lolol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...but do they only serve up the unleven bread during passover, in deference to those of the Jewish faith...

Sep 24, 2003
Seven Dials
Re: Falmer Decision

DIFFBROOK said:
I happen to believe this rumour. But the rumour seems to be only Civil Service advice, not a Ministerial decision which are two seperate things. Being a civil servant myself I know a thing or two about briefing and advice to ministers. Civil Servants would set out the application for a new stadium, together with a number of different recommendations. These probably are set out as a straight forward yes , yes with conditions and no with alternative site. Advice to ministers would show these recommendations shown as most recommended to least recommended

This rumour suggests yes, or yes with conditions. Now most Ministers do follow their CS advice, but it has been known that they have not.

I'm not gonna count my chickens just yet, but it does look good.

Btw, I think it will be Tuesday

No one should be under the illusion that it is going to be "a straight forward yes".

If it is a yes there will be PAGES of planning conditions.

Sep 24, 2003
Seven Dials
Re: Re: Falmer Decision

Planning permission for a simple extension to a house will have numerous planning condition.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lord Bracknell said:
There is nothing more unappealing, in my view, than claiming that God is on Our Side.
If God is on our side....can he play at leftback ?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I hope it's a big fat YES!!

I don't think I could take the disappointment that I personally felt, when the previous annoucement came out as what was thought to be a straight no to Falmer. (The same as many people on here as I gathered that day!)

I think we've all kept the faith since that day, and that in 2 to 3 years we'll be in the stadium this team and community deserves, and everybody who's been involved in the battle to keep this club alive deserves a massive pat on the back
:clap:

Here's to a good win tommorrow, and a superb announcement on Tuesday or Wednesday :drink: :drink:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Easy 10 said:
:lolol:

JESUS SAVES !

but Robinson knocks in the rebound

cymbal crash!

Ooh look! Rush Goalie!

34597.jpg

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Just think this time tomoro we could know about falmer!:bounce:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Re: Re: Falmer Decision

Lord Bracknell said:
I agree about the chickens.

But the rumour is that Yvette Cooper (who is the Minister at the ODPM with responsibility for Planning) has said YES.

It may well be that Prescott hasn't been involved at all in the decision. He usually leaves these things to the Ministers with the specific service responsibilities.

The strength of these "rumours" (heard another one about the club working on a press release - SKY TV tomorrow perhaps?) and the "credible" sources makes me wonder who in the ODPM or Civil Service (or at the Club) is going top lose their job for breaching confidentiality. Presumably if people are made privvy to this info they have be sworn to secrecy.

I suppose if people spread enough rumours one of them is likely to be correct, then they can say "told you so".

Let's hope this one is correct and put all this speculation to bed.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
It'll be terrible though for me cos I'm one of those greedy people who as soon as they know they're getting something want it yesterday. If it's a yes it's going to be a long three or so years wait 'til we get to dance around holding hands in it. I'm seriously thinking of having myself put in suspended animation.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Hungry Joe said:
It'll be terrible though for me cos I'm one of those greedy people who as soon as they know they're getting something want it yesterday. If it's a yes it's going to be a long three or so years wait 'til we get to dance around holding hands in it. I'm seriously thinking of having myself put in suspended animation.

Not sure which bit I like the best from that post, the dancing around holding hands, or the putting youself in suspended animation. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here