Dec 26, 2003
Brighton
Well said

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Albion Dan said:
thats quite a few rumours pointing toward a decision next week, I for one am prepared to give it some credence.

Exactly

Three different sources have said it now.

The sooner the better.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm getting really nervous now...the timing would appear to fit in with some of the official announcements when deadlines were being extended.

Please God let the decision be the one we've all worked so hard for...

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I'm beginning to feel ill.....very ill.

I think this is finally going to be it.

Keep your fingers crossed comrades.

I think the waiting might finally be nearly over.

"We need just one victory, and we're on our way"

(T Rundgren 1973)

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I really, really hope these rumours are correct... and, of course, it's a big "YES" to Falmer... my 2 sons deserve the chance to continue supporting the Albion when they've grown up...

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
must admit i have read a few rumours on here for months now. none of them seem to make as much sense as this thread. lets just hope the decision is the right one. this looks like it could be it.

:angel:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
This is it...decision time is nigh!!!
Had a text yesterday from an old mate who works for East Sussex Council saying we'll hear something next week; Mon' or Tues'.

Now do you really they're going to say no with their conference coming down here?
We'll head 'em off at the pass!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
I'm pretty sure the decision will come before the start of the new season, so why not Monday ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
like someone else said are they really going to risk being attacked a few weeks later by saying no?

if it is a yes maybe we should have cheer outside?
just thinking if there is an apeal wouldnt do any harm?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Can we have a short re-cap of events if the decision is announced?

Are there any avenues of appeal for both sides?

If no appeals and the decision is YES...when would work actually start (knowing that the Uni buildings are part of the process)?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I am so tempted to pull a sickie next week now. I so want to be able to get to a pub as soon as possible after a the decision.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bwian said:
Can we have a short re-cap of events if the decision is announced?

Are there any avenues of appeal for both sides?

If no appeals and the decision is YES...when would work actually start (knowing that the Uni buildings are part of the process)?

I feel fairly sure that Lord B said there is no appeal from either side.

The losing side can ask for a judicial review which means they think the decision wasn't handled lawfully by the Governement.

They would have to find the money up front and apparently it is expensive.
Even that would only look at the actual legal handling of the decision.

The rest I am not sure of but I am sure Lord Bracknell will give a better explanation (or you can put judicial into the search facility and find a more thorough one which has been covered before)

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Mr Blobby said:
As Bozza said all I was doing was sharing what news I had! I dont believe i said an announcement would be made on Falmer on Monday!

Back to the mailing list and the nice people

:wave: :angel:

Ha ha! Too true! I'll also say that I know Mr Blobby well and believe him in this instance. I also work for the BBC. But not the bit of the BBC that knows about Falmer, unfortunately.

The Seagulls Mailing List -- where you won't get flamed.

Last edited:

The real problem that would arise if there was an application for a Judicial Review is that this would probably delay the finalisation of the finance package that needs to be put together before construction can start.

Regardless of the fact that a Judicial Review would almost certainly fail (because the ODPM have been ultra-careful about how they have dealt with this application) it could be a real spanner in the works.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If its a yes a celebratory drink at the Swan
in the albion shirt should suffice i think....
with my pensioner mum/dad

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
After all this time, and to-ing and fro-ing with letters, and deadlines and requests from 'interested parties', does anybody honestly believe that if it is 'yes', that anybody from Falmer village or Lewes District Council would want to get involved in a Judicial Review that they know is bound to fail?

You might as well just tip the cash into Falmer Village pond. Also, LDC would not dare spend any more of their council tax payers money, at least not if they know what's good for them...!!

I'm feeling good about this.......

knuckles

Feb 12, 2004
Burgess Hill
I know somebody whose wife works as a solicitor at the club and she hasn't even told him whether it's a yes or no as she's signed a secrecy declaration! But apparently the answer will be revealed Monday or Tuesday.

Oct 25, 2003
knuckles said:
I know somebody whose wife works as a solicitor at the club and she hasn't even told him whether it's a yes or no as she's signed a secrecy declaration! But apparently the answer will be revealed Monday or Tuesday.
here's another one

thank you to me- the first one to post the monday/tuesday rumour:clap2:

and to all those who told me i was talking bollocks:salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here