Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer - BBC phone call

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
knuckles said:
I know somebody whose wife works as a solicitor at the club and she hasn't even told him whether it's a yes or no as she's signed a secrecy declaration! But apparently the answer will be revealed Monday or Tuesday.

Ask him if he gets any nookie over the weekend. That should give a fair indication of the mood she's in. I know my missus wouldn't be up for it if she was keeping a 'no' decision secret. It would be like that time of the month thing again.

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
i am sure you will find that neither side know what the decision is yet. i think it is more of a case of being told that an announcement is about to be made.

if either of the interested parties was to find out before the other, all hell would break loose. it would be impossible to keep it quiet before the official announcement was made.

i can not see that it will be possible for a NO decision to be made;

a) just days from the start of the season and the chaos that will occur there after.

b) before the party conference in september that will certainly cause blair no end of bad press he could well do without! he needs to arrive in brighton in a position to increase his popularity. a NO decision would be political suicide.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
perseus said:
Its all a load of crap.

I think you forgot the apostrophe.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Vlad the Impala said:
I think you forgot the apostrophe.

I think he forgot his medication.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
knuckles said:
I know somebody whose wife works as a solicitor at the club and she hasn't even told him whether it's a yes or no as she's signed a secrecy declaration! But apparently the answer will be revealed Monday or Tuesday.

She won't know yet! If the ODPM has told the club's solicitors, then they are allowed to tell us. Nobody will be asking the club to keep the news secret for any period of time, I'm pretty sure of that.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I don't usually get too worked up by rumour threads, I usually ignore them but today I've been dragged into it all by a PM on a deportivo board from a complete stranger who lives in Brighton. Basically what he says goes along with all that has been said so far on this thread....Press conference early next week.

Don't know him from Adam, but there seems to be a lot of smoke around at the moment....

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
The worst thing about this is now I'm gonna have to tune my car radio into bloody SCR and listen to that all day Monday & Tuesday in case there's an announcement (no PC available when you work from your car!)

SCR is normally only on for away matches I can't make or occasionally ay 1.25pm & 5.25pm for the sports roundup.

I'm gonna end up spending all day listening to "Mavis from Woking" droning on about knitting patterns and fuscias!! :nono:

This is serious so it better not be another false rumour:lolol:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Set of Tracksuits said:
just when i thought i could have a relaxing weekend at the races without thinking about bloody Falmer!!!

do you ever? it never leaves me.

:-0

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I want Falmer as much as the next Albion fan but I must say if we have no announcement on Monday or Tuesday I will find it hilarious after all this...I suppose I will find it funny in a kind of 'gallows humour' type way.

This is by far the biggest rumour we have had and is inflated with a number of different people all adding to the pot with their theories.

I really do hope we get the green light on Monday or Tuesday but, like I said, I would definately afford myself a chuckle if we hear nothing.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Last edited:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Thimble Keegan said:
I want Falmer as much as the next Albion fan but I must say if we have no announcement on Monday or Tuesday I will find it hilarious after all this...I suppose I will find it funny in a kind of 'gallows humour' type way.

This is by far the biggest rumour we have had and is inflated with a number of different people all adding to the pot with their theories.

I really do hope we get the green light on Monday or Tuesday but, like I said, I would definately afford myself a chuckle if we hear nothing.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Is this after you've finished crying about the fact that we still haven't bloody well heard anything?

Seagull73 said:
After all this time, and to-ing and fro-ing with letters, and deadlines and requests from 'interested parties', does anybody honestly believe that if it is 'yes', that anybody from Falmer village or Lewes District Council would want to get involved in a Judicial Review that they know is bound to fail?

You might as well just tip the cash into Falmer Village pond. Also, LDC would not dare spend any more of their council tax payers money, at least not if they know what's good for them...!!

Yes, I do think the Falmer lot would give it a go! They have raised upwards of £20k and I honestly think they would prefer to burn the whole lot (and then some) to put any spanner in the works, no matter how futile. LDC is a different matter, however, they would apply a calmer, more detached judgment and would probably follow the professional advice of their lawyers.

So there would be a fair amount of chaos and infighting amongst the anti-Falmer alliance, as some split off and accepted the decsion while others made preparations to go to war.

The upshot is that I think we should be prepared for some kind of legal challenge. To me this would be a irritation, but we'll have won the big one, so we can afford to be philosophical about any delaying tactics. We've waited long enough and watching some nimbys tip money in their pond might even be vaguely amusing if you wanted to be a bit evil about it.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I shall not be sleeping well tonight, which is going to be the same as the last few nights, having said which that was because of the heat. Fortunately I think that my boss will let me just do filing all day tomorrow, so NSC will be on permanently all day, as will the ODPM website. By the way, will there be a public announcement by a minister or the department? Prescott and Keith Hill work at 26 Whitehall, but most of the civil servants are based at Bressenden Place, not far from Victoria Station.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this announcement had been made ages ago, I don't know why you're all still going on about it. I'm sure I heard the decision had been made and announced. Offhand, I can't remember whether it was yes or no though - it didn't seem important at the time :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here