Votes: 31 17.1%
  • 20-22,500

Votes: 18 9.9%

• Total voters

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
What concerns me is how the ticketing policy will work when we move to Falmer. One would hope that tickets can be purchased online as i no longer live in Brighton? Do you think this will be the case or will we have to put up with the applying in writing fiasco??

Why don't you apply online currently?

The service that is online now will be the same as when Falmer opens, albeit with a different ground layout!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
How on earth can reading be used as a benchmark?we have had average crowds of 25k and 30k+ way before reading could have dreamed of and our history is far superior to reading.Just because reading have picked up in recent years that means nout.

We don't need to benchmark against anyone,its little clubs like reading,swansea and wigan who have had dire historys with crowds so why benchmark us against them as thats an insult:censored:

They are though. They were in practically the same position as we are now when they moved to Mad Stad- Languishing in the third tier, not even looking likely to challenge for promotion.
Yeah our history is better than Readings but they are miles ahead of us in terms of development at the moment.
Reading, Swansea and Wigan are all playing in higher divisions than us, with bigger stadiums, bigger attendances and better squads, therefore they are all bigger than us.
We do want to emulate Reading to a certain degree, by getting money coming through the gates, moving up the divisions and eventually moving up to the Prem like they did, just without the relegation and selling of all the decent players.

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
They are though. They were in practically the same position as we are now when they moved to Mad Stad- Languishing in the third tier, not even looking likely to challenge for promotion.
Yeah our history is better than Readings but they are miles ahead of us in terms of development at the moment.
Reading, Swansea and Wigan are all playing in higher divisions than us, with bigger stadiums, bigger attendances and better squads, therefore they are all bigger than us.
We do want to emulate Reading to a certain degree, by getting money coming through the gates, moving up the divisions and eventually moving up to the Prem like they did, just without the relegation and selling of all the decent players.
Well i spent many years watching reading in front of 4000 reguarly and how often did we get 4000 average?Its obvious they are miles ahead in recent times but fan bases don't disappear and ours is far greater.I agree to dis-agree as its clubs who have had a history of 4-5k crowds that should look at reading as a benchmark.

The reason reading are doing well is also the fact its a thriving booming area here and the population has nearly doubled in 12 years but brighton has also grown a heck of a lot in recent times.

I don't believe full stop we need a benchmark club with our history although i respect you're opinion:thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that after the initial first few games we will do well to average between 10 -12k for the remainder of the season. We still have a decade of support that we have missed out on and has to be attracted to the club.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Just imagine how many people will want a season ticket in the 1st season. To be able to say to your grandchildren in 60 years time, "I had a season ticket in the very FIRST season at Falmer".

I would expect at least 10,000 season ticket holders in League One and 12,000 in the Championship. With plenty of casuals and a better away following than we are used to, I would expect an average attendance of around 15,000 for the 1st season.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Depends what league we're in doesn't it.

Exactly right

If we're in the League we're in now (highly likelyIMO) I would still go for 14/15,000. (With some sell out at the beginning for the novelty value, and the end as we win promotion!)

Thse decent crowds will lead to the side playing well and getting promoted.

Leading us to play in the Championship in the second season at Falmer, when we will sell out every week as we will have 15,000 STH and the away end will be full every week!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I think that after the initial first few games we will do well to average between 10 -12k for the remainder of the season. We still have a decade of support that we have missed out on and has to be attracted to the club.

I would have thought that seems about right.
Alot will depend on how long it takes to get out of the stadium and back to civilisation after the game. If it takes the best part of 2 hours pissing about with buses / trains etc, then I should imagine many of the floating supporters will need alot of encouragment to return.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
First few games in: league 1 - 17-18k - Championship - sell out
After a few games, the novelty will wear off for many of those who have come along due to the new stadia and i reckon we will keep around 12k most weeks. If in Championship i can see us getting 14k each week, with higher crowds for certain games as you'd expect.

D

Deleted member 2719

Depends what league we're in doesn't it.

If we're in League 1- 8,000-12,000
Championship- 10,000-16,000

Your figs seem most realistic too me but we also have to factor ticket prices in as well.

I'm sure we will get a sell out first game or so thou.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I'm staggered that nobody on this thread has queried what the matchday admission/STH prices might be; do you all think this will have little bearing on the attendances?

Tickets realistically need to drop down to meet these figures some have spoken of. Obviously prices will be different depending on where in the ground you are sat but personally id be happy to pay £20 quid to seat in the North Stand, i think thats a fair price for our current level of football. Anymore and there just taking the piss

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The first half a dozen games will sell out, whether in the Prem or division four. After that, it entirely depends on a) the league we are in, and b) form.

Being realistic and taking a middle ground, I will assume we are in division 3 and in contention for a play-off spot. Under those circumstances I would predict an average of 16-17,000 after the first 6 or so sellout games, giving a season average of around 18,000.

Points to note:
We were always bigger than both Swansea and MK Dons, so we should do better than both of those.
Hull City were bumbling along mid table in division four when the KC opened mid season in front of 23,500. Hull are a comparible club to the Albion. So are Reading, who have a similar sized floating supporter base but a smaller hard core set of fans than the Albion.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
You're all very pessimistic and Simster can you stop trying to be clever by referring to Leagues 1 and 2 as the shitty old dated Divisions 3 and 4.

21,000 season tickets sold in the first year (we took 30 to Cardiff remember and these fairweathers love new stadiums)

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
don't worry about the first season, new found optomism/curiosity/away fans in numbers etc. it's the second season that'l be the acid test

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here