• 18,000-20,000

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • 20-22,500

Votes: 18 9.9%

• Total voters

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
don't worry about the first season, new found optomism/curiosity/away fans in numbers etc. it's the second season that'l be the acid test

V true and all eyes will be watching just to see just how 'big' we are.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I d be dissapointed if we didnt sell about 12k of season tickets. Away support will be big on the back of it and we should get several thousand buying tickets as and when so i think 18k should be more than acheivable

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
The average (median) predicted attendance for league 1 is currently 13,200. I suspect this is over-optimistic, UNLESS we're in good form and in the promotion race. I hope I'm proved wrong, but those who think we're going to average anything near to 18-20k in this division are way out.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
North. 2564
East. 5194
South. 2538
West. 12,204

The south stand will be for away supporters which will have an effect on our attendence.

I'd imagine we will average around the 15,000 mark. we curently only have about 5,000 season ticket holders so doubling that is about all we could expect.

But then we used to have the Goldstone and fill that so there must be loads of fans around who refuse to support their team at the withdean

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
But then we used to have the Goldstone and fill that so there must be loads of fans around who refuse to support their team at the withdean

We only VERY RARELY filled The Goldstone. To put it in context, in our last season in the top flight we struggled to get 15,000. In 90/91 when we were 90 mins from Wembley, I'm pretty sure our average gate was under 10,000.

Like others here, I know quite a few people who don't watch the team at Withdean and will certainly come to Falmer, but aside from the first few games, we're not going to suddenly increase our gate by 150% - just not realistic. Unless, we're going up - then it might be different.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Hasn't really answered my question....but thanks

The answer has been done to death many times. Martin Perry explained it succinctly on the recent Albion Roar broadcast, you can listen to it as a podcast on iTunes.

Or to précis it, you will be able to buy tickets from the club shop, on the phone, by the web. Or if you are only deciding to go on the day you'll be able to text from your mobile whilst travelling to the ground, then when you get there, wave your phone or Albion "Oyster type Card" at the gates and they will let you in.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We only VERY RARELY filled The Goldstone. To put it in context, in our last season in the top flight we struggled to get 15,000. In 90/91 when we were 90 mins from Wembley, I'm pretty sure our average gate was under 10,000.

Like others here, I know quite a few people who don't watch the team at Withdean and will certainly come to Falmer, but aside from the first few games, we're not going to suddenly increase our gate by 150% - just not realistic. Unless, we're going up - then it might be different.
That was because of a recession in which every club around then struggled.To be frank the club was on a downward spiral from the early 80's and not to mention the goldstone was a shitehole aswel:D

Falmer is a diffrent story and as i predict we will get very tasty crowds end of at falmer:thumbsup:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I would have thought that seems about right.
Alot will depend on how long it takes to get out of the stadium and back to civilisation after the game. If it takes the best part of 2 hours pissing about with buses / trains etc, then I should imagine many of the floating supporters will need alot of encouragment to return.

It takes me 2 hours to get back to Southend from Withers...hopefully I could stagger down the Lewes Road and be at Churchill Square in about an hour even walking from Falmer..how far is that?? 3 miles? more?

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
i voted optimistically as i think there are LOADS of stay-aways who refuse to make themselves regular at withdean, and also LOADS of people who will buy season tickets at the promised land, my brother and i for two.

Mar 10, 2006
Depends if the club follow the bollocks of only being able to buy a ticket 'if you are on the database'. f*** me we are a laughing stock at the mo amongst other fans at having a 9,000 capacity ground showing 1,500 empty seats against Leeds and Charlton. I know 6 people who wanted to go to the Leeds match but were unable to buy tickets. If we persist with this policy then we are cutting our throats and losing the potential to attract fans of other clubs who live locally but follow teams further away. Bloody hell this is Brighton not Millwall - incidentally is this a Ken Browne idea as this is what he did at Millwall. If so wake up and get a grip or f*** off and leave the club in the hands of someone more capable

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
An interesting bounce!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I feel ashamed! I only went for 15,000. I feel like I have let the club down with my little faith in the size of the club and the size of the fanbase, BAD FAN

If I was going to vote today ... I'd still vote 14,000 - 16,000.

I genuinely fear that the effect of the SUPERB direct debit offer will be that a large number of season ticket purchasers will only show up when they're in the mood.

A lot of season ticket holders will treat their purchase a bit like county cricket club membership. You pay for free admission to every home league game, but only go to some of them.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

I genuinely fear that the effect of the SUPERB direct debit offer will be that a large number of season ticket purchasers will only show up when they're in the mood.

A lot of season ticket holders will treat their purchase a bit like county cricket club membership. You pay for free admission to every home league game, but only go to some of them.

I must admit I have the same concern but like many have said, hopefully the club will put in place a system to allow ticket exchange. The only problem I see with this is that the club have sold private seat licences on the basis you can pass your seat on, so i'm a little worried that exchange won't be available to standard season ticket holders. Time will tell i suppose.

Glad to see my prediction was completely wrong, still can't quite believe we should be playing in front of 20,000 crowds next year....long may it continue!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
And I thought I was being pretty optimistic when I voted 16000-18000, if anything it may well be higher.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Well it depends on how the season goes, if we are challenging for the playoffs then the place will be packed every game I have no doubt, but I can see the odd attendance dropping to the 14000 region if we are mid table/struggling against the shitter teams in the league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here