Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer another delay!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't mean to be PICKY, but there's no 'R' in PEDANTIC.

:jester:

oooh look hans has had a go again.

it wouldnt be a "insert day of the week" unless hans finds something to have a go at me about about

"flounce"

Didn't Ruth Kelly answer a question in Parliament about the date by which a verdict would be given, and said by the closing date of 9th July?
No.

There was a question asked by David Lepper in April:-

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what representations she has received on the impact on Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club of further delays in announcing a decision on its planning application for a community stadium at Falmer; and what the latest date is by which a decision on the matter will be announced.

A written answer was given by Meg Munn.

What worries me is that the whole South Downs National Park boundary issue is kicking off, and the anti-Falmer Brigade will climb aboard and cause more delays.
They can't. Defra are explicitly saying that they will NOT consider any further representations about the removal from the National Park of the stadium site at Falmer.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Reading through the streams of pessimism that persist on this topic despite a couple of INFORMED people who have DIRECT experience of working in the Civil Service (I am not one of them) attempting to explain what actually happens when there's a new Prime Minister and a new Cabinet, I'm left wondering whether some people want the f***ing stadium in the first place or would simply prefer to grizzle for another ten f***ing years.

Come off it Roz. Of course we want a new stadium but the history of this project has taught us that it pays to be pessimistic as delays or cock ups keep happening. Some STHs around me have died whilst waiting for this stadium. I'm beginning to doubt if I will make it.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Those of you that thought this is just a decision made by civil servants can now see thats not the case. Civil servants make recommendations, and it appears that that recommendation in this case is positive, but in a case like this politics and other interests will come into play - and that is what makes it such a difficult one to call. There are many of examples where recommendations have been ignored.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
oooh look hans has had a go again.

"flounce"

You are far too mature and sensible to ever flounce Dave

4poofs_203_203x152.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've never got this. Dave doesn't look like that gay man at all - he looks like Phil Mitchell.

Probably.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
cheers guys...good to see a serious debate is turning into a usual binfest.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sorry Dave, what are we debating again? I've forgotten. Personally I think iPhones are a bit shit actually especially ones that don't work, but each to his own. :jester:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Come off it Roz. Of course we want a new stadium but the history of this project has taught us that it pays to be pessimistic as delays or cock ups keep happening. Some STHs around me have died whilst waiting for this stadium. I'm beginning to doubt if I will make it.

I understand your position. However I'm forever the optimist. I'm looking forward to buying all you pessimists a pint in a few weeks time when we get the positive announcement and saying "isn't this just grand"...and "worth keeping the faith for" and "what a ride"...

*I hope*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here