Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte **On Loan To Leicester 10/08/24**

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I can understand loaning him out, but LEICESTER ? Really?
I do not see the logic in loans to a club in the same division. Nobody knows where we will be next season, we could well be vying for the same league position as the Foxes. . I know he won’t play against us but every goal he scores or assists, could be working against us … They are the opposition, why lend them players to make them stronger?

Like someone else said earlier in the thread if we are struggling for places with Leicester next Season or they do better than us it will be down to a LOT more than loaning them Bounanotte.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It is definitely an in-joke. Someone else posted something about Buono being their 'first Somalian'!

(And even if this guy had forgotten that Leo Ulloa was Argentine, he's unlikely to have forgotten Esteban Cambiasso)

That makes more sense than complete ignorance.

(though it wouldn't be the first time on a football forum)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I can understand loaning him out, but LEICESTER ? Really?
I do not see the logic in loans to a club in the same division. Nobody knows where we will be next season, we could well be vying for the same league position as the Foxes. . I know he won’t play against us but every goal he scores or assists, could be working against us … They are the opposition, why lend them players to make them stronger?
You think getting him experience in the actual division we want him to play in for us is a bad thing? It seems like a perfect loan to me.

Every goal or assist he gets could be working for us too.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I like him but also think we've been quite patient with his low profile in many games. Not sure Leicester and their fans may be so patient? If he doesn't make much of an immediate impact i can see him disappearing from their squad, especially if they start badly. At his age I would have preferred the Dutch league loan. He is v young still. Whatever, glad it's a loan only and at least if Leicester are on the box it'll be more interesting.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He improved markedly last year, primarily because he played far more than we may have expected, due to our ridiculous injury list.

Despite that, as is the case with Gilnour, we need greater quality in the starting eleven if we are to achieve our aspirations.

He'd be a decent option from the bench but, at this stage of his career, he needs more match minutes than I hope we'd be able to give him.

I'm not disappointed we're letting him go for the season - I take it as a great signal of our intent.

Last edited:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
The only thing I have my trepidations about is where the loan club plays him. He's not a winger, so I'd hope a loan would develop him further as an attacking mid.
I'm quite enjoying reading the foxes forum where a load of people are talking about his attributes and where he'll play as if they're experts on him.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'm quite enjoying reading the foxes forum where a load of people are talking about his attributes and where he'll play as if they're experts on him.
It's like a home from home...

They lack imagination for their user names though - it seems that every other poster has Fox in there somewhere...

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Who have we sold for a loss (without getting our moneys worth) in our recent history? (Following a loan or otherwise.) I cannot recall many, if any ‘flops’ of late, (PL era) and yet listening to some of you, you’d think we’d done it repeatedly.

A thread of players purchase price, tenure and sale price would be fascinating to see. Does this information exist anywhere? Thanks

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Who have we sold for a loss (without getting our moneys worth) in our recent history? (Following a loan or otherwise.) I cannot recall many, if any ‘flops’ of late, (PL era) and yet listening to some of you, you’d think we’d done it repeatedly.

A thread of players purchase price, tenure and sale price would be fascinating to see. Does this information exist anywhere? Thanks
Ali J and Locadia are (I think - I don't have the numbers) the obvious ones that spring to mind.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ali J and Locadia are (I think - I don't have the numbers) the obvious ones that spring to mind.
We lost money on Karbownik, and almost certainly (quite a bit) on Kozlowski. Unlikely to get our money back on Sima either. If Moder goes by popular demand this window, I doubt we'll recover what we've spent, and if we ever manage to bin off Dahoud ...............................

............IF we ever manage to!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I nipped in yesterday to have a look and what I’m chuckling about is how embarrassed they seem to be that such a big club like Leicester are loaning players from such a small club like Brighton.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I nipped in yesterday to have a look and what I’m chuckling about is how embarrassed they seem to be that such a big club like Leicester are loaning players from such a small club like Brighton.
I know. Its all a bit odd isn't it. The other odd part is the anger at the lack of purchase option. For a player most of them have never seen play.

Here, just have a decent, free, premier league standard player for a bit. You're welcome, you ungrateful wànkers. And sorry we aren't real madrid.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I know. Its all a bit odd isn't it. The other odd part is the anger at the lack of purchase option. For a player most of them have never seen play.

Here, just have a decent, free, premier league standard player for a bit. You're welcome, you ungrateful wànkers. And sorry we aren't real madrid.
And their posts could be read almost word for word on NSC if we were taking a loan player with no option to buy.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
And their posts could be read almost word for word on NSC if we were taking a loan player with no option to buy.

I remember being fuming about Colwill not having a buy option, it’s a justified annoyance imo.

We’re in the richest league in the world, we shouldn’t be developing another teams players for free. I totally understand Leicester fans feeling the same (even if they’re in a much worse situation than we were)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here