Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte **On Loan To Leicester 10/08/24**

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I mean, it REALLY isn't, is it?

Mac Allister and Caicedo were absolutely central to our team - Buonanotte (as yet) is not.

Mac Allister and Caicedo had no adequate replacements in the squad. Buonanotte does.

Mac Allister and Caicedo were sold. Buonanotte is being loaned for a season.

A potentially very, very good player, but the situations are totally different.
Yeah, but apart from that it’s IDENTICAL :lol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I really don't get why NSC has decided Dahoud is useless. I don't remember anybody saying this before he got sent off at home to Sheff Utd and then RDZ suddenly decided he didn't like him anymore. The guy is at the peak age of his career and has played over 100 games for Dortmund, he clearly isn't shit. Have we really got to the stage where a player like that isn't good enough to play for us?
Agree.

But based on what he unfortunately didn’t show in his limited appearances, he isn’t good enough for us. (IMO).

With more games who knows, but presumably he’s not showing enough in training or when he went on loan.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Me too, my big worry is that lately in the past few years players who seem to go out on loan from us, either don't make it or don't want to come back.
Yep you're right.

Well, apart from Kaoru Mitoma.
Oh, and Simon Adingra.
Well, and Jan Paul van Hecke.
And Moises Caicedo.
Oh, and Alexis Mac Allister.
And Ben White.
Oh, and Robert Sanchez.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Useless is a strong word. I'd go for other words like, disinterested, lazy, and weak.

And his barnet is infuriating.
Not a favourite among his teammates last season, I understand. The word was that they expected him to put more of a shift in for the money he was getting.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yep you're right.

Well, apart from Kaoru Mitoma.
Oh, and Simon Adingra.
Well, and Jan Paul van Hecke.
And Moises Caicedo.
Oh, and Alexis Mac Allister.
And Ben White.
Oh, and Robert Sanchez.
Yes, seven outstanding loans. Mind you, he does have a point too - more than half our 2022-23 loanees left the club at the end of their loans.

Of the seven you mention, four of those didn't actually go out on loan - they started with a loan in Europe first, and then came to us afterwards!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Apologies if this point has been made already, but if can perform for the Foxes and take points off other teams around us, that's a good thing, right? And that's coming from someone who initially thought it was a crazy/bad idea!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, seven outstanding loans. Mind you, he does have a point too - more than half our 2022-23 loanees left the club at the end of their loans.

Of the seven you mention, four of those didn't actually go out on loan - they started with a loan in Europe first, and then came to us afterwards!
Loanees are always going to be a mix of those we more or less know are going to be first-teamers at some point, those we more or less won’t be so preparing them for a permanent move somewhere (at better value than if they’d stayed with us and hardly played) and a few we’re on the fence about.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I really don't get why NSC has decided Dahoud is useless. I don't remember anybody saying this before he got sent off at home to Sheff Utd and then RDZ suddenly decided he didn't like him anymore. The guy is at the peak age of his career and has played over 100 games for Dortmund, he clearly isn't shit. Have we really got to the stage where a player like that isn't good enough to play for us?
Totally agree.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

The majority of our loanees will ALWAYS leave the club - it's simply the nature of developing younger players. We typically have over 20 players out on loan each season - if every single one turned into a great player we wouldn't even be able to accommodate them all in our squad!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I mean, it REALLY isn't, is it?

Mac Allister and Caicedo were absolutely central to our team - Buonanotte (as yet) is not.

Mac Allister and Caicedo had no adequate replacements in the squad. Buonanotte does.

Mac Allister and Caicedo were sold. Buonanotte is being loaned for a season.

A potentially very, very good player, but the situations are totally different.
Good points. Totally disagree with you as usual , but fine effort

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The majority of our loanees will ALWAYS leave the club - it's simply the nature of developing younger players. We typically have over 20 players out on loan each season - if every single one turned into a great player we wouldn't even be able to accommodate them all in our squad!
I know! I don't think we're arguing about it, are we? :lolol:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I can understand loaning him out, but LEICESTER ? Really?
I do not see the logic in loans to a club in the same division. Nobody knows where we will be next season, we could well be vying for the same league position as the Foxes. . I know he won’t play against us but every goal he scores or assists, could be working against us … They are the opposition, why lend them players to make them stronger?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I do not see the logic in loans to a club in the same division. Nobody knows where we will be next season, we could well be vying for the same league position as the Foxes. . I know he won’t play against us but every goal he scores or assists, could be working against us … They are the opposition, why lend them players to make them stronger?
I share this opinion… I’d rather he went to a decent level club in Europe… I suspect this is about ensuring he continues his physical development in the PL, and if he has a fantastic season great news for us… BUT by the same token, he could end up being a thorn in our side if we struggle.

Calculated risk ? Always errrrrrrrr a risk.

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
Not my view.

First, I don’t think Leicester will be a threat but if they are, they’re just as likely to be taking points off our rivals, surely?

Second, I don’t think Buonanotte is such a significant player that he will make or break Leicester's season. He scored 3 or 4 last season. He’s no Cole Palmer.

Most important, it’s great that he'll be getting regular minutes in the PL. Much better than the Dutch or French league for his, and our, development. If he manages to get 30 or 35 games against PL teams at his age, it will do him a power of good. He won’t get them with us next season so let him get that experience with another club. And it will be great for his personal development too.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It’s a development loan.

We want a better Buonanotte in the EPL for 25/26. Not one that may have smashed the Eredivisie but goes back to square one when having to step up to the EPL again with us.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
It’s a development loan.

We want a better Buonanotte in the EPL for 25/26. Not one that may have smashed the Eredivisie but goes back to square one when having to step up to the EPL again with us.
True, whilst not happy that we have sent him out, I can stand back and trust the process. It works more often than not.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If Buonanotte single handily makes so much of a difference to cause us a problem then something has gone very wrong for us with what we have left

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Good points. Totally disagree with you as usual , but fine effort
I can't really see what you are disagreeing with- what he's posted are actual facts, aren't they?

I can't see how loaning out a teenage player to assist with his development is in any shape or form similar to selling two world class midfielders (who wanted to leave) for massive money to massive clubs.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Recalls are only allowed in transfer windows, you can’t have an ‘anytime’ clause.

Great move imo, he needs to be playing at a decent level, and the way our squad is coming together he’s not going to get enough minutes for that development

Meanwhile, a few salty tears being shed about it :laugh:

Maybe I'm being whooshed by an in-joke on the foxes forum, but he won't even be their first Argentine signed from Brighton!

1723195644040.png

(i haven't read the whole thread yet, so apols if someone has already pointed this out!)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maybe I'm being whooshed by an in-joke on the foxes forum, but he won't even be their first Argentine signed from Brighton!

View attachment 186753

(i haven't read the whole thread yet, so apols if someone has already pointed this out!)
It is definitely an in-joke. Someone else posted something about Buono being their 'first Somalian'!

(And even if this guy had forgotten that Leo Ulloa was Argentine, he's unlikely to have forgotten Esteban Cambiasso)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here