Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Its actually quite emotional. Ok, none of us know him but the story is inspirational. Lets hope it concludes as we all hope. The fact his heart did not beat of its own accord for 2 hours and he is still alive is simply a miracle. It just shows what can be done when everyone pulls together.

It's not a miracle, it's brilliant medical care from dedicated professionals.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Nope, one involves a huge investment in training from both the individual and the NHS, and the other involves believing in a bloke who lives above the clouds.

:lol: I look forward to when [MENTION=11713]DerbyGull[/MENTION] reads this :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Unbelievable, seeing as he was effectively dead before he even hit the turf.
However, the chances of him ever playing professional football again are absolutely nil, but I doubt Muamba or his loved ones will give a toss about that if he gets through this.

This.

Under the circumstances I'm sure he'll just be glad to be alive, but I think you're right about his chances of ever playing again. Whatever people are praying for.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
He was 'dead' for 78 minutes according to this report on the BBC. An amazing recovery.

BBC Sport - Fabrice Muamba was for 78 minutes - Bolton doctor

Thats incredible - thats such a long time to be working on someone - credit to the medical teams for continuing....

I'm just sooo in awe of the medics who attended him at the match too. Just like the St Johns People who attend our motorsport race meetings, they are amazing people and don't care what size, shape age or health we are in they just attend events (mostly as volunteers) just to save lives and help people. Truly inspiring.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here