Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fabregas to Barcelona on 5 year deal good for his career or not?

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
will he get a first team spot ahead of Xavi / Iniesta? i do not see it happening.. so is this a bad move for him, i know he will win trophies but he won't be playing as important a part to the same degree as at arsenal.

Thoughts?

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
It's a silly move, but at the end of the day, we're Brighton fans so...

Who cares. :shrug:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
This transfer saga has dragged on so long that I'm beyond caring.

Thing is, if he had stayed at Arsenal he'd have had another long frustrating season of winning precisely nothing.

He will get games at Barca, and they will win things. Whether he gets as many games as he might like is another thing entirely

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Better money, club he loves, best team in the world. Yep, bad move.

your missing my point, he won't be playing much football so your saying its just about the money and bragging rights?

i would rather play week in week out for a team like West Brom then sit on the bench every game for a team like Tottenham...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Not being rude, I couldnt give a shit. it has got nothing to do with the Albion.

The Premier League 'Dont believe the hype'.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
i know its nothing to do with brighton just thought it was a big transfer so worth the talk.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Xavi is 31. Fabregas is 24. he might not get many games this season, but he will in future.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
What some people don't think about in this Cesc business is that he is a Spaniard, he wanted to go home to the club he is from.
Wouldn't people in this country find it ok if lets just say David Beckham wanted to come back to Man Utd after his spell in Madrid? (obviously not now)

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
your missing my point, he won't be playing much football so your saying its just about the money and bragging rights?

i would rather play week in week out for a team like West Brom then sit on the bench every game for a team like Tottenham...

Maybe like most footballers he has confidence in his ability and thinks he will force his way into the first team? By your logic, do you think Elliott Bennett moving to Norwich was a bad move?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea

I don't think you can really compare Barcelona, the greatest team in the world, to Tottenham Hotspur, who aren't even the greatest team in North London

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

I see your point, but I don't think you can compare Arsenal to Barcelona in the same way you compare Spurs and West Brom. Moving to Spain is an entire lifestyle change, not just a footballing change. Moving from London to Birmingham isn't really a massive change in lifestyle terms.

I suspect that living in the sun, in a lovely city, has as much to do with things as the football does.

Last edited:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
He will be the most expensive bench warmer in footie.....but with a very fat wallet.

Will be interesting to see what (if anything) Arsenal choose to do with the money from the sale of Fabregas? I hope they buy some decent players and give Man U a proper challenge. Too many years of promising and not delivering. Might just stop those Gooners from moaning so much.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Maybe like most footballers he has confidence in his ability and thinks he will force his way into the first team? By your logic, do you think Elliott Bennett moving to Norwich was a bad move?

thats completely different because we are a new championship club and it is a massive step up, what he has done if far smaller but as posted i think the lifestyle and it being his home is a huge pull after thinking about it, the chance to live at your real home for the best team in the world maybe wether your playing as much first team football or not is to much to turn down.

Arsenal was his first chance at the big time and he had to take it so the chance to go home is to good to turn down.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Xavi won't be playing as much because of injuries etc. When Xavi is out think the biggest competition will come from Thiago who has been quality in pre season and started last night in the Super Cup

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Great move for him. Don't buy all this bench warming stuff. Barca don't have the biggest of squads anyway (compared to the other top European clubs), and so rotation will be vital to them continuing their success. Add to that Xavi is ageing and has a few injury niggles that are unlikely to go away then Fabregas will see plently of game time at the best team in Europe which is also his first club. Can't see how it can be anything other than fantastic for him

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Arsenal are in decline, Have been ever since Henry left. They have a manager who has completely lost the plot and are in my opinion going to struggle to make uefa cup let alone champions league. How people think Fabregas going to Barcelona is a bad move amazes me. He has a chance to earn more money playing for probably the greatest team that has ever been assembled in front of 100,000 fans in his home town. Its an amazing move for him. At least now he is garunteed to win trophies. Good luck to the bloke, one of the most genuine footballers I have ever seen. It will be a huge loss to the English game without him. :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here