Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fabregas to Barcelona on 5 year deal good for his career or not?

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Will be interesting to see what (if anything) Arsenal choose to do with the money from the sale of Fabregas? I hope they buy some decent players and give Man U a proper challenge. Too many years of promising and not delivering. Might just stop those Gooners from moaning so much.

Any idea how much the deal was i heard only around 35Mill which is crazy seeming how he is one of the best midfields in the world...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Not the league we're aiming to get into then!?

When were there.

Do you take a huge amount of intrest in league 1 or 2 when we are not in it?

Yes it would amazing to watch Brighton in the top Tier of English football, however i wouldnt be excited about watching Brighton play in the Brand 'The Premier League' its so over hyped and to call it the best league in the world is just plain arrogant.

As i said top tier of English football, that would be amazing, but to have a game against Wigan on a sunday afternoon being promoted as the biggest game ever, not somthing id be overally excited about.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Any idea how much the deal was i heard only around 35Mill which is crazy seeming how he is one of the best midfields in the world...

One year left on his contact though I think? (could be wrong on that one)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
You can't compare him to Andy Carroll. The ginormous buffoon has the potential to score a hatful and win tournaments uglily, but one-ponytailedly. Fabs is a thousand times more skilful, but hasn't necessarily the impact that someone explosive has. We know what he will do and he mostly does it perfectly. Obviously Liverpool had to double his actual worth thanks to their desperation to buy, which is converse to Arsenal's greater desperation to sell too.
In other words: blah blah whatever.

Finally Falmer

Jul 18, 2010
Great move for him. Don't buy all this bench warming stuff. Barca don't have the biggest of squads anyway (compared to the other top European clubs), and so rotation will be vital to them continuing their success. Add to that Xavi is ageing and has a few injury niggles that are unlikely to go away then Fabregas will see plently of game time at the best team in Europe which is also his first club. Can't see how it can be anything other than fantastic for him

This

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Must admit I was surprised at the 35 mil tag.. Not worth more than carroll?

Very difficult to compare really. On paper, yes, a better player than Carroll, although his last season was pretty poor by his standards, even when fit. For the Carroll thing, if you forget the actual sums involved and just think that L'pool bascially swapped Torres for Carroll plus Suarez - Liverpool may well end up getting the best end of that deal.

Finally Falmer

Jul 18, 2010
When were there.

Do you take a huge amount of intrest in league 1 or 2 when we are not in it?

Yes it would amazing to watch Brighton in the top Tier of English football, however i wouldnt be excited about watching Brighton play in the Brand 'The Premier League' its so over hyped and to call it the best league in the world is just plain arrogant.

As i said top tier of English football, that would be amazing, but to have a game against Wigan on a sunday afternoon being promoted as the biggest game ever, not somthing id be overally excited about.

I fully expect your celebrations to be very muted then if we acheive promotion to the Premiership in the 90th minute on the final day of the season.

I've always found it very ironic when people slag off the Premiership (and yes, i'm fully aware of it's flaws). The Premiership is THE league where we all want to be. FACT.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Probably a good move for the players but he's served Arsenal well over several years, and they've made an enormous profit on him. Personally, I think it's a shame he's gone as I'd much rather have technically good players with passing ability and class in the Prem than some of the more agricultural "stars" that have commanded obscene transfer fees.

Carroll - great goalscorer at league level, but he'll never be the man to take England to the next level. Darren Bent - again, can't argue with his goalscoring record but you don't look at him and think "wow! what a player".

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I fully expect your celebrations to be very muted then if we acheive promotion to the Premiership in the 90th minute on the final day of the season.

I've always found it very ironic when people slag off the Premiership (and yes, i'm fully aware of it's flaws). The Premiership is THE league where we all want to be. FACT.

You're the first person I'm giving good rep or whatever it is, because you're frigging bang on! Gets on my nerves occasionally reading on here people saying they hate the EPL, or calling it the Premiershit or something ridiculous. It is the top division in our country, it is the division we are ONE promotion away from getting into. Like FF said, that league is where we WANT to be. If you don't, you're either not right in the head, or you need to learn2football.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
back to his first club. Dream move for him. Still under contract to arseanl so they trouser a hefty fee, barcelona get the player they have been chasing for a cople of years. Doesn't seem to be a loser here!

oh yes I forgot ..................... Arsene Wenger

what bets that the fabregas money is used to pay for the ground rather than improve the team. that club really needs a 25 goal a season striker. i agree woth the above that they have been in decline every since they failed to replace henry

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
It's a great deal for the player and a great deal for Barca. He won't be an automatic first-teamer for as long as Xavi and Iniesta are fit and in form, not in the biggest games anyway, but if he can slot in when one of them is injured, and also when Xavi could simply do with a rest, it could easily extend Xavi's career by an extra season or two.

Xavi will be irreplaceable when he does finally retire, but a sublimely-talented hometown boy who was raised in the Barca tradition is as close as they are ever likely to get.

Arsenal, on the other hand, can still be laid at odds-on on Betfair for a top-four finish, which seems ever more attractive. If they lose Nasri too, they will suddenly look very ordinary, not least since there is so little time to re-invest the cash and Wenger seems to have forgotten how to sign players, or identify the most significant points of weakness when he does.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
You're the first person I'm giving good rep or whatever it is, because you're frigging bang on! Gets on my nerves occasionally reading on here people saying they hate the EPL, or calling it the Premiershit or something ridiculous. It is the top division in our country, it is the division we are ONE promotion away from getting into. Like FF said, that league is where we WANT to be. If you don't, you're either not right in the head, or you need to learn2football.

There are 92 teams in the League in any one season, and 45 different clubs have been in the Premier League for at least one season since 1992. That hardly fits the profile of a small, greedy breakaway elite that still seems to persist with many fans even now.

The Premier League has to the place that any club like Brighton should aspire to be. Let's hope we're the one to make it 46.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Good luck to the lad, hes spanish and wants to be home!!

I am counting the days down now and I too will be back home and yes...Amex was a big trigger for me wanting to be home!

Nothing gonna stop this one now!!

:clap::banana:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Probably a good move for the players but he's served Arsenal well over several years, and they've made an enormous profit on him. Personally, I think it's a shame he's gone as I'd much rather have technically good players with passing ability and class in the Prem than some of the more agricultural "stars" that have commanded obscene transfer fees.

Carroll - great goalscorer at league level, but he'll never be the man to take England to the next level. Darren Bent - again, can't argue with his goalscoring record but you don't look at him and think "wow! what a player".

Jesus of Nazareth couldn't even take England to the next level to be honest! :down:

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
This transfer saga has dragged on so long that I'm beyond caring.

Thing is, if he had stayed at Arsenal he'd have had another long frustrating season of winning precisely nothing.

He will get games at Barca, and they will win things. Whether he gets as many games as he might like is another thing entirely

agreed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here