Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I don't get it. Hürzeler managed to get his 2 Bundesliga relegation-zone club promoted to the Big Time in 2 seasons. Why didn't he stay with St. Pauli to take up that challenge? It's like Potter not sticking around to finish The Albion Project. It can't be the salary, surely, or even the increasingly dubious lure of the EPL... l dunno, it seems like a case of "having eyes bigger than one's stomach", as we say in French. I personally think he should have tested himself with St. Pauli in the Bundesliga for a couple of years. I feel sorry for the players and fans, especially after he extended his contract just a couple of months ago.

who’s pissed on your chips? or frites as you would say in France 😊
He ambitious and a great opportunity has come along, can’t really blame him.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
I don't get it. Hürzeler managed to get his 2 Bundesliga relegation-zone club promoted to the Big Time in 2 seasons. Why didn't he stay with St. Pauli to take up that challenge? It's like Potter not sticking around to finish The Albion Project. It can't be the salary, surely, or even the increasingly dubious lure of the EPL... l dunno, it seems like a case of "having eyes bigger than one's stomach", as we say in French. I personally think he should have tested himself with St. Pauli in the Bundesliga for a couple of years. I feel sorry for the players and fans, especially after he extended his contract just a couple of months ago.

This is exactly how many on our side feel. But there is certainly a huge difference in salary (triple I wpuld estimate) and maybe Brighton is exactly the one club which could take him from us.

He's only 31 years old. If money was indeed the deciding factor, that constitutes a red flag for me.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017

Paperboy for a corner shop gets offered a postman job with Royal Mail, would you question him taking it?

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Pleased that this is finally over the line and should provide some stability for players we may be looking to sign in the transfer window. Will have to wait until Germany go out the Euros before any agreement on Gross & Undav

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Fans know he is a young manager although an experienced coach. We will be patient and it might take 8-10 games to get his ideas across TB/PB/DW will give him the time he needs to bed in and I think the fans will too. The examples of Iraola at Bournemouth and Glasner at some other club that I can’t quite remember set a very good example of believing in the process.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Fans know he is a young manager although an experienced coach. We will be patient and it might take 8-10 games to get his ideas across TB/PB/DW will give him the time he needs to bed in and I think the fans will too. The examples of Iraola at Bournemouth and Glasner at some other club that I can’t quite remember set a very good example of believing in the process.
He’ll have more time (and games) to impose his tactics before the season starts than RDZ did at least.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Here here … there’s been too many unpleasant undertones today …not everyone one is in a good place mentally, I know I’m not at the moment, so let’s at least be good to each other on here.

It doesn’t matter who was first, second or third choice - he was always going to be a project because of his inexperience in the EPL.

I hope every fan can support him or at least withhold criticism until we are floundering in 5th place next season.:wink:

If we’re bottom at the end of September… HE’S GONE!!!

:jester:

Quebec Seagull

Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
who’s pissed on your chips? or frites as you would say in France 😊
He ambitious and a great opportunity has come along, can’t really blame him.

Québécois, ostie! So 'frites' in French and 'fries' in anglais, thank you very much!
;)

I'm projecting, right? If I'd delivered a baby to term, I'd want to raise it at least until s/he reached school age. Well, I suppose I could come up with a better analogy, lol. Just speaking as a project manager, it bothers me seeing people biting off more than they can chew after having a bit of success.

Unless he's a true prodigy, I have my reservations. Thank you for letting me have them! :cool:

Quebec Seagull

Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
I expect it's as much about ambition tbh. We are a) Premier League experience in a friendly well-run environment with little pressure, and b) a route to a big club if successful.

In other words, the same living and coaching environment, and reputation-building experience he would have had next season in the Bundesliga had he stayed with St. Pauli.

Don't get me wrong, I wish him success here. I just have trouble understanding his motivation and values, especially considering his age. That sounds judgemental, but it's more puzzlement and trepidation -- I'm too old and easy-going to give it serious thought. Maybe I just find it amusing to play devil's advocate? ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here