Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Delighted we’ve landed Fab Ian

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Hmm. I hope we set our sights a bit higher. Of course a lot depends on if we can keep our better players and the injury list clears up but if we can I can't see many of the teams that finished below us this season (plus Palace and the 3 new teams) finishing above us. So I reckon 10th and maybe higher.
Lower mid table is more about giving a new manager some breathing room to settle in. I would love a top 10 season, totally achievable, but I won’t be expecting it.

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
It won’t be dull. After RDZ we needed to keep it exciting. It’s what we have got used to. I hope he will have an experienced coach alongside him.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Geez....

Cheer up, lets be positive eh...
or at least try not bring everyone else down....
Here here … there’s been too many unpleasant undertones today …not everyone one is in a good place mentally, I know I’m not at the moment, so let’s at least be good to each other on here.

It doesn’t matter who was first, second or third choice - he was always going to be a project because of his inexperience in the EPL.

I hope every fan can support him or at least withhold criticism until we are floundering in 5th place next season.:wink:

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Either a) that's obvious from the reporting over the last few weeks, or b) all the reporting and rumours were bollocks and we could have been looking at any number of people who'd be considered "standout candidates".
Or c) after saying last time we'd got our preferred candidate, it led to everyone assuming McKenna was first choice this time and all the associated reporting and rumours, which probably made negotiations for both McKenna (if they ever happened) and Hürzeler more difficult... so we're trying to avoid something similar next time by making it less of a thing...?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I assume some of the other coaching staff he brings will be from St Pauli? Still negotiating their compensation?

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
My wife (not into football) has only just seen his photo. She now demands that lyrics for the 'Stevie Sidwell song' are re-written with 'Fabian Hurzeler' replacing SS. As if she'd have a chance!
At least people would go back to the spirit of the original and want German *kids* too. Wanting German hair doesn't make sense. On any level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here