Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Sheffield United Shrug GIF by Sheffield United Football Club
St Pauli? Something tells me their fans wouldn't take to him...

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
You are aware I’m autistic right? So when you contradict something I’ve said with no absolutely no indication that you are intentionally talking shit when you actually are, it’s really hard to tell the difference.😎 (Not quite sure why you were wooshing me in the first place if that’s what you were doing though - I was making a perfectly valid point as to why SP were not keen on selling so were driving a hard bargain.)

Maybe we all need to relax and breathe - it could be another week before this lot‘s sorted out (or we could get a photo this evening of Fabian Hürzeler in a brighton scarf 🥳)
I hear you Zeberdi, Metaphors and Innuendos, the enemy of the autistic mind (often but not always)!

Its a hard one to navigate, especially for neurotypical folks who dont have much experience in that arena, myself included.

In a text orientated world (like an online fan forum) it can lead to misunderstandings, but its good to see that you can empathise with that.

As for the need for everyone to take a breather...aint that the truth! However, this is football we are talking about :sneaky:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I didn't say I couldn't find a party in Berlin, far from it !! But Berlin is a bit grimy not really my kind of nightlife scene.
I did not suggest this. I was drawing an analogy with another poster regarding your comment about German ladies.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
If somebody posts that video one more time I think I might scream.

It doesn’t happen as much now but I used to love it when people would come on to NSC and start a new thread announcing a signing that had been officially announced 6 hours earlier or something. Just in case every single Brighton fan on NSC had somehow missed it for hours on end. When in reality, a thread had been created within 2 minutes.

This video has brought those memories back for me. It gets funnier every single time I see it posted.

I would put money on at least one person seeing the video on NSC, forgetting they saw it on NSC & then earnestly sharing it on NSC. I hope I see it another 20 times.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I think that's a scam & b**locks. PBOBE might have a lot to say about them using the BHAFC tag with 'charity' added onto the end.
What was 'Albion in the Community' is now the 'Brighton and Hove Albion Foundation' https://bhafcfoundation.org.uk/
There is no such thing as #BHAFCcharity, they're scammers. :(
Can’t be, they’ve got more followers than the Palace shirt sponsors

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
I think that's a scam & b**locks. PBOBE might have a lot to say about them using the BHAFC tag with 'charity' added onto the end.
What was 'Albion in the Community' is now the 'Brighton and Hove Albion Foundation' https://bhafcfoundation.org.uk/
There is no such thing as #BHAFCcharity, they're scammers. :(
Not a scam per se, just liberal use of club branding. Definitely not an official event and perhaps the organizers could be clearer about it but AFAIK this has indeed been organized by fans of both clubs.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
I NEED TO SHOUT!!!!! 😟
THE CHARITY BHAFC MATCH AGAINST ST PAULI THAT SOMEONE INADVERTANTLY POSTED EARLIER 'I THINK' IS A SCAM! REPORT THE GROUP TO X OR TWITTER OR WHATEVER THEIR BLOODY NAME IS THESE DAYS.
The proper accounts are @BHAFCFoundation or @OfficialBHAFC
The @BHAFCcharity on Twitter is not real, PBOBE would have sent a 3000 word email to explain the name change to everyone and would've paid for a blue tick. The money from the bottle top recycling would have paid for the blue tick 100,000x over. No one knows the fixture list yet, so who can say we'll definitely be free on the 12th Oct to watch this non-existent charity match.
If it is real, can someone ask PBOBE to clarify it is, then delete this post as I may have stopped money going towards worthy causes! :confused:
Have you bothered to actually look at the respective Twitter accounts before declaring it a scam? Seems legit to me. Looks like they’re arranging a game against a St Pauli supporters club (whose Twitter account is several years old and they’ve posted about the match too) and proceeds are going to charity.

They’re not pretending to be the official BHA charity.

This took me 37 seconds to work out.

You seem overly triggered.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There is no proof he is on any list, no leak from Germany or Sussex, I feel we are all going to be terribly disappointed when Potter is rolled out on Sunday.

I hope I am wrong.

So you hope we're all excited when Potter is rolled out?

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
It doesn’t happen as much now but I used to love it when people would come on to NSC and start a new thread announcing a signing that had been officially announced 6 hours earlier or something. Just in case every single Brighton fan on NSC had somehow missed it for hours on end. When in reality, a thread had been created within 2 minutes.

This video has brought those memories back for me. It gets funnier every single time I see it posted.

I would put money on at least one person seeing the video on NSC, forgetting they saw it on NSC & then earnestly sharing it on NSC. I hope I see it another 20 times.

Fixtures!!!

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
I NEED TO SHOUT!!!!! 😟
THE CHARITY BHAFC MATCH AGAINST ST PAULI THAT SOMEONE INADVERTANTLY POSTED EARLIER 'I THINK' IS A SCAM! REPORT THE GROUP TO X OR TWITTER OR WHATEVER THEIR BLOODY NAME IS THESE DAYS.
The proper accounts are @BHAFCFoundation or @OfficialBHAFC
The @BHAFCcharity on Twitter is not real.

BHAFC Charity is just missing the word Match! They aren't claiming to be an organisation, just a group of fans organising a friendly match against some St. Pauli fans to raise money for the local food bank.

aardvark

Jun 12, 2013
I think you need three years of data to get a good idea of the ability of a coach. Eg. I suspect RDZ rode Potters wave of success in the first season, and got found out and ran out of ideas in the 2nd. I suspect if he stayed here a third season, he would have been sacked for underperforming. Over time I believe it will be clear that Potter was a superior manager all along - and RDZ is one a trick pony, that will fail in his other endeavours.

Potter took us from perpetual relegation candidates into a solid mid table side. If Hurzeler takes us from a solid mid table side into solid European candidates within 3 seasons, I will totally accept that he is as good, if not better, than Potter.

But sadly, I'm not that optimistic. I believe it will be a MIRACLE if we've somehow identified this 31 year old worldie manager that will take the Premier League by storm. Realistically, I think he's the 'next best' available on the clubs' list. If he prevents relegation in his first two seasons, I'll be delighted.
I understand your point & agree with lots of this but if that’s all he achieves then B & B have failed massively. I think any serious relegation threat will see a change at the earliest opportunity

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Not a scam per se, just liberal use of club branding. Definitely not an official event and perhaps the organizers could be clearer about it but AFAIK this has indeed been organized by fans of both clubs.
Then they should just say that!
Have you bothered to actually look at the respective Twitter accounts before declaring it a scam? Seems legit to me. Looks like they’re arranging a game against a St Pauli supporters club (whose Twitter account is several years old and they’ve posted about the match too) and proceeds are going to charity.

Nope, I haven't delved into the other twitter accounts, why would I? It's got nothing to do with BHAFC, it's not like the REMF and the account was set up a couple of weeks ago. I did say I'd apologise if it's completely legit and I've potentially deprived food banks of money but it does seem really shady you have to admit.

Edit to add, it appears i have been a little hasty!!! Sorry! :confused:

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Whilst I take your point (and I'm not suggesting whoever created the new BHAFC Charity twitter account is actually on a scam), they have used the club logo (presumably without permission of the club) and use "BHAFC" without even any mention of it being a fans account. It could certainly be intrepreted as being linked to the club:-

Charity.jpg

What an earth does "this years BHAFC Charity match" mean, anyway? Let's be honest, this is nothing more than a kickabout between two fans groups - at least the St Pauli account is absolutely clear and open about what it represents.

I think this twitter account is disingenuous.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
BHAFC Charity is just missing the word Match! They aren't claiming to be an organisation, just a group of fans organising a friendly match against some St. Pauli fans to raise money for the local food bank.

In which case, they've made a very bad attempt at making that clear in their twitter header. Zero mention of it being a supporters group, using official club logos (presumably without permission), and even implying this is (or will be) a regular event.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

Sorry. 😟

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here