Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pliny the Gull

Mar 4, 2024
Bit bored today. So attempting to photoshop/adjust/insert etc and re-create one of those election posters that pile up on the doormat to VOTE Fabian Herzeler BHAFC party, correct font etc. Suppose it will be the blue one. Probably better not post in the front garden ?
Neighbours might kick off.
England flag from bedroom window ? Disapproval again.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I sense some twitchiness on here about this signing?

It’s a little annoying it’s not tied up yet but there don’t seem to be any problems being flagged up in the media?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I sense some twitchiness on here about this signing?

It’s a little annoying it’s not tied up yet but there don’t seem to be any problems being flagged up in the media?
There are not.

"The expectation remained an agreement would be secured," - The Argus (this morning)
" Fabian Hurzuler ...Albion's "new head coach (in waiting) ' - The Athletic (this morning)
The local Hamburg paper says "details ...need to be clarified " but is reporting that St Pauli's players have unfollowed Hurzeler on Instagram (big story apparently)

this is my favourite (forgive the google translate english )

"should Brighton & Hove Albion be worried that the move won't go ahead? Actually not. Because too much glass has already been broken for that. The excessive presence in the media over the last few days has meant that many at and around FC St. Pauli are currently just annoyed by the issue and are simply hoping that this change will be completed with a fat transfer fee if possible. It is very, very difficult to imagine that the negotiations would fail"

Last edited:

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I’m sure it’s going to happen, but a watched pot never boils and we’re all going to feel a lot more relaxed once we’ve got our man and St Pauli FC have theirs.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. The club have already got the pre-season fitness plans in place, the squad are on holiday or playing in international tournaments.

I’m as keen as everyone else to see Hurzeler in action, but without the squad actually being there, all he can do is get input from the medical team, who are also new. :shrug:
He can watch a million videos also.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
But sadly, I'm not that optimistic. I believe it will be a MIRACLE if we've somehow identified this 31 year old worldie manager that will take the Premier League by storm
Why - He’s a very exciting potential prospect and young manager already taking the Bundesligas by storm - the evidence was very much there if you happen to look in the right place.

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Unfortunately when there's a gap of a few hours in these types of signings, new managers then everyone panics and inevitably someone will mention HIM

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
You are aware that I mainly post silly shit right?
You are aware I’m autistic right? So when you contradict something I’ve said with no absolutely no indication that you are intentionally talking shit when you actually are, it’s really hard to tell the difference.😎

Maybe we all need to relax and breathe - it could be another week before this lot‘s sorted out (or we could get a photo this evening of Fabian Hürzeler in a brighton scarf 🥳)

Last edited:

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
He can watch a million videos also.

He can and will. That’s actually something I want access to, full match reels for every Brighton match. Lucky chap, although I don’t entirely envy him that run at home we had under Potter during Covid.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

Sheffield United Shrug GIF by Sheffield United Football Club

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s not rocket science if you actually did a bit of background reading - you would understand why the Club wants him. But that’s beside the point - why on earth would it surprise you that we might get a manager ‘better’ for us now than Potter would be or that RDZ took our football to new levels after Potter?

After all these years of being a Brighton supporter, do you really think PB and TB would make a Head Coach choice that would regress us long term?

18 mnths of data has been enough to see his abilities at FCSP. But data isn’t enough alone. Otherwise you might as well say let’s take any manager that is producing great results for his team that’s in our price range. Personality, ethos, youth coaching, type of current Club etc also part of the profiling for any of our prospective managers above all how his system of play cannot only fit in with your current system but how and where it can improve it..

Why - He’s a very exciting potential prospect and young manager already taking the Bundesligas by storm - the evidence was very much there if you happen to look in the right place.

It’s all very well questioning whether you think FH has the experience or credentials to get us into Europe (because that’s what we want isn’t it? Not a bottom table finish or a mediocre 9th-11th?) . However, at least in questioning do some research before pushing back with the Potter agenda again (and if you really do think Potter is the better option than FH, when you have familiarised yourself with the tactics/history of Hürzeler then by all means start another thread with a poll in it if you are convinced Potter is the better of the two for us (and are brave enough to be met with the derision you’ll no doubt get by starting another Potter thread) - I’m sure the results of a poll between Potter and FH would be of interest.

Don’t give him the oxygen. He’s set his stall out to plague the Hürzeler era on nsc with endless zzzzzzzzz moaning.

Meanwhile, in the real world, the vast majority it appears are intrigued, excited and looking forward to a new approach to winning football games.

Last edited:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I’m sure Milk has more information than I’ve found, but there’s an English speaking interview of Hurzeler on YouTube, no obvious language barrier. There’s also this YouTube video discussing his background (he is more German and Swiss than American) and tactics

Add this https://millernton.de/2024/06/10/wer-zur-hoelle-ist-brighton-hove-albion/#comment-160826

and this https://millernton.de/2023/09/06/der-huerzeler-fussball-fc-st-pauli/

for a fairly useful summary

Thank you. :)
No one's ever heard of him. ✅
His style of coaching is unusual. ✅
Simple flag for his heritage. :unsure:
He'll fit right in. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here