Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
I hope he signs today, I’ve been lurking in the Harvester by the training ground all week as it seemed the logical place to spot an offended liver sausage, but so far I’ve just found normal sausages and I’m getting tired.
All week in the Harvester! How much have you eaten? :ohmy:

P.S. You are Mr.Creosote and I claim my £5. :lolol:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I fly back to Oz tonight, so if you could delay the end of the world for a week or so it would be good.
Time will tell and not a lot out there to pick from to be fair.
Uneathing another gem maybe, for a couple of seasons anyway.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Let’s just say the unlimited salad bar isn’t actually that unlimited :rant:
simpsons-all-you-can-eat.gif

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I don't get the "Hurzeler is a gamble" complaints. Of course he is. But he's a Tony Bloom gamble, and there's literally nobody else on Earth who gambles better than he does. There's a high chance of this working out, and I'm sure Bloom has a plan B in case it doesn't.

The only managerial appointment under Bloom that we could categorise as "not really much of a gamble" is Hughton. He had a rep as a relatively safe pair of hands when Bloom gave him the job. Pretty much everyone else was a gamble at the point they were given the job, including RDZ and Potter.
Hurzeler is a gamble, but that's not a complaint from me. TB will know that when he plays poker and gambles, he doesn't win them all. This is a riskier bet (to extend the analogy, going big on a poor hand) than most -- if not all -- of the managerial appointments he's made because: of the position we're currently in as against that when previous appointments were made; the inexperience of Hurzeler; and probably some other things too.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Stop fretting folks, if it does not work out, he will be gone by Christmas and we endure a bumpy ride, this road we travel on with the Albion, is never smooth, last season was as close as it comes to a dull finish to a season and we played European football, a relegation battle is not always a bad thing, it can focus the mind, recalibrate etc etc.

This appointment actually has the hallmarks of the past with us appointing an upcoming young manager like our foe did up the road, it is Mullery v Venables Mk11

Ding Ding, let battle commence.

So glad we are being bold and adventurous.

UTA

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Hope so, hope he is down at Lancing centre of Excellence tonight when I watch my daughter training.
Get a high five
Well they dont want to leave it until Friday, the bloody a27 is carnage anytime on a Friday, imagine him and the associated press corps all sitting in a jam...Sky Sports news holding a deadline day style piece to camera from the Shoreham flyover.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Stop fretting folks, if it does not work out, he will be gone by Christmas and we endure a bumpy ride, this road we travel on with the Albion, is never smooth, last season was as close as it comes to a dull finish to a season and we played European football, a relegation battle is not always a bad thing, it can focus the mind, recalibrate etc etc.

This appointment actually has the hallmarks of the past with us appointing an upcoming young manager like our foe did up the road, it is Mullery v Venables Mk11

Ding Ding, let battle commence.

So glad we are being bold and adventurous.

UTA
Well hopefully FH will get the rivalry and be inclined to do something like chucking a load of coins at the Palace fans whilst telling them that’s all their worth. I get the impression that he might be exactly that type of manager.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Impossible to say if he'll be a good replacement. I highly doubt that anyone who has voted 'Yes' has even seen St. Pauli play, let alone look at the data, or how easily he would adapt to the Premier League.

You think Bloom voted No?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I was thinking maybe FH would like it all sorted by Friday morning so that he could fly home and enjoy watching Germany (Pascal) play in the Euros?
There were reports yesterday - from the local Hamburg daily - that the clubs had agreed a compensation/transfer fee on Monday. I guess its pretty close.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
It's amazing that between an inexperienced 31-year old coach (who has less experience than GP when he was appointed) and an infinitely more experienced GP now, fans will opt for the former out of pride even if it's a massive gamble. Nice one lads!
Because he (Potter) left of his own accord. He had a choice and decided to go up the road and break up a happy family. He may be a better coach or not. But like my ex they made their bed, so tough. Even if it means cutting off the nose to spite the face.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here