Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
£6/7m. When you think of how a coach can develop just one player then this is small change. Think RDZ and Caicedo.
Had to be done and I’m glad SP picked up a decent fee.
Hope we are in a strong position in a few months to want to extend his contract

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
£6/7m. When you think of how a coach can develop just one player then this is small change. Think RDZ and Caicedo.
While some players certainly improved noticeably under RDZ, I wouldn't pick Caicedo out as the first example. There were people saying he'd be sold for an absolute fortune even before we signed him in the first place.

Of course, a manager can also knock several million of a player's price tag. :lolol:

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
It's amazing that between an inexperienced 31-year old coach (who has less experience than GP when he was appointed) and an infinitely more experienced GP now, fans will opt for the former out of pride even if it's a massive gamble. Nice one lads!
I don't think it's pride Potter is a very good coach, however, given the likely depth of dislike for the man at the club given his betrayal, I doubt he would be a good fit anymore. If Potter wanted to come back and TB thought he was the best for the job he would be back, he isn't and that is all there is to it. What I find more amazing is we haven't signed this guy and yet everyone is talking about him as if it is a done deal.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Absolutely this, if all true we have snatched the manager from a newly promoted club, which could mean they are f***ed for next season. It's how football works but we all know how it feels when it happens. I for one hope TB does the decent thing and helps them out with a bit of extra cash.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't think it's pride Potter is a very good coach, however, given the likely depth of dislike for the man at the club given his betrayal, I doubt he would be a good fit anymore. If Potter wanted to come back and TB thought he was the best for the job he would be back, he isn't and that is all there is to it. What I find more amazing is we haven't signed this guy and yet everyone is talking about him as if it is a done deal.
How do you know he hasn’t signed already? :shrug:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
People are basing it on the following things having been reported by mainstream sources like Sky Sports News;

- work permit agreed
- compensation agreed
- contract until 2027 agreed
- bookies have literally closed the Brighton next permanent manager market, after he went to 1-30 on

You’re right nothing is official, but it’s extremely obvious he’s coming. I reckon tomorrow or Friday he’ll be announced.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
People are basing it on the following things having been reported by mainstream sources like Sky Sports News;

- work permit agreed
- compensation agreed
- contract until 2027 agreed
- bookies have literally closed the Brighton next permanent manager market, after he went to 1-30 on

You’re right nothing is official, but it’s extremely obvious he’s coming. I reckon tomorrow or Friday he’ll be announced.
Today

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's amazing that between an inexperienced 31-year old coach (who has less experience than GP when he was appointed) and an infinitely more experienced GP now, fans will opt for the former out of pride even if it's a massive gamble. Nice one lads!
Get over him. Incidentally, the fans don't get a chance to opt. That is all down to Bloom and co. So getting annoyed at fans from a club simply because they mostly don't want your crush is simply futile.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I don't get the "Hurzeler is a gamble" complaints. Of course he is. But he's a Tony Bloom gamble, and there's literally nobody else on Earth who gambles better than he does. There's a high chance of this working out, and I'm sure Bloom has a plan B in case it doesn't.

The only managerial appointment under Bloom that we could categorise as "not really much of a gamble" is Hughton. He had a rep as a relatively safe pair of hands when Bloom gave him the job. Pretty much everyone else was a gamble at the point they were given the job, including RDZ and Potter.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Let's hope it isn't all a flash in the pan, one good season at his last club and then pop !
Tbf, he’s been coaching a little longer than one good season. Don’t forget, Emre Can predicted in 2016 that he was going to be a great coach. I think his 10 wins in a row start to his tenure at St P the season before indicates he has skills!

But we shall see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here