Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's amazing that between an inexperienced 31-year old coach (who has less experience than GP when he was appointed) and an infinitely more experienced GP now, fans will opt for the former out of pride even if it's a massive gamble. Nice one lads!

It makes no difference since the fans don't pick the appointment

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Unusually for Brighton, they are in rather a weak negotiating position. They want to purchase a unique asset which the seller doesn't really want to sell. I am sure that
B & B will have a maximum, walk away, price in mind but it will take massive discipline to stick to it given the need to get a manager in place.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Unusually for Brighton, they are in rather a weak negotiating position. They want to purchase a unique asset which the seller doesn't really want to sell. I am sure that
B & B will have a maximum, walk away, price in mind but it will take massive discipline to stick to it given the need to get a manager in place.
Well we have £220m of (twats) Chelsea’s pounds to supplement St Pauli’s (worthy) coffers. 👍

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Why is this a high fee?

He is possibly their single most important employee. St. Pauli are doing their calculations to find out what offers the best chances of survival. I don't think it would be too wrong of them if their view is that him leaving or staying could be the difference between relegation or staying up. I think they've got every right to demand a lot for him.

And he'll hopefully be the same to us.

I think modern head coaches are undervalued
Their total wage bill is just over 9m. They are small fry. But they do have us over a barrel here.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Think he's saying tomorrow 😊
Sankt Pauli Chapeau GIF by FC St. Pauli

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Just browsed Transfermarkt to see which coaches he's worked with in the past. Small world, as there's an Albion connection in there. Remember David Yelldell? German American keeper that we had on a short loan spell from Blackburn back in Mark McGhee's time. He was goalkeeping coach of Germany's U18 side back in 2020 when Hurzeler was assistant manager. He's been Dynamo Dresden's keeper coach for the last four years.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He may have to win over some of the older players based on his age and lesser experience.

Gross is a model pro. I'm sure Dunk has every confidence in Bloom, and if Bloom says this is the right manager, I'd expect Dunk to back him, and help get the rest of the squad on board.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
He may have to win over some of the older players based on his age and lesser experience.

If he shows early on he has the tactical knowledge and the "emotional intelligence" , age and experience will soon be forgotten.
I think that may be true if he were going to one of the clubs with big egos. I suspect that part of the recruitment model is to find the talent where that is unlikely to occur. Caicedo may be an outlier but I believe there was an element of agent pressure/persuasion there.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
And then we have to finish negotiating his exit to Chelsea.
I’m willing to bet it will be Arsenal or Man Citeh after us. 😇

I can’t remember how long we’ve contracted him to - 2027 presumably?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here