Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GeorgeKane5

Jun 7, 2017
You know when he said "Once a Seagull, always a Seagull", he wasn't *actually* saying he would stay with the club for the rest of his life, right?

The guy was offered a promotion and he took it. Good on him!
Is tribalism in football a new phenomenon to you?

I think it's a bit naive to disregard the emotion of Bruno's move for large swathes of our fanbase who felt a real connection with him. You can justify any football transfer on monetary grounds, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it still hurts fans when someone they held in a higher regard moves on so suddenly.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Looks like only the Assistant Manager joined with him, everyone else was there already (except one Athletic Coach who joined a year ago).

View attachment 183755
He was there already, joined in 2020 as assistant to the old head coach, so that team of coaches will effectively be his.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Cannot wait for the appointment be made. Very exciting prospect, tactically similar to RDZ but not the same. Much in the same way RDZ was able to take Potter's side and improve on it, I think Fabian can build on Roberto's legacy. Attacking wise he retains the quick passing and movement but also has the flexibility to regroup out of possession.

I'm not fussed about the age or experience. The club now takes care of a lot of the old managerial duties. For a coach to be successful they need to have ideas and the ability to communicate those to the players. Where we are fortunate is that we have a squad that is clearly open to new ideas and does respond well to coaching. A stable dressing room will be one of the things that appeals most to Hürzeler I'd imagine. The team is already well-versed in the play out from the back tactics of Roberto so I think they will be able to pick up what Fabian has to say.

This is the most BHA appointment we could have made and I am all in!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is tribalism in football a new phenomenon to you?

I think it's a bit naive to disregard the emotion of Bruno's move for large swathes of our fanbase who felt a real connection with him. You can justify any football transfer on monetary grounds, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it still hurts fans when someone they held in a higher regard moves on so suddenly.
Bruno spent a decade at the Albion. Always came across as an honourable man. Deserves not to be tarred with the Potter brush imho

GeorgeKane5

Jun 7, 2017
Good on him joining the Exodus that left us with just Crofts? His right, my right to think he’s a snake. :shrug:

The “Once a Seagull…” was PR bullshit, he wouldn’t have jumped so quick otherwise. Roberts leaving was probably worse as he was good at his job, but at least he didn’t come out with any bullshit previously. I’d have him back. A defender as an attack coach, not much of a miss anyway.
Bruno's ability to put the cones out was second to none, actually.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
What do you suggest we do? Find an unemployed one down the Job Centre?
I am not suggesting anything. I am just making a point about how I see things. This guy has just signed a two year contract, making their fans happy, and is now looking to leave. OK, he has some get out clause but that’s no help to their fans. If that was us we’d be going apeshit.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Bruno spent a decade at the Albion. Always came across as an honourable man. Deserves not to be tarred with the Potter brush imho
EA9A25AD-B729-4D89-A5DD-9DBA7E7EE746.jpeg

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Oh shit STEVE BRUCE has just been spotted at Pease Pottage services going southbound (knew I'd forgotten someone).

Are you sure it wasn't STEVE EVANS?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If Fabian needs a team of coaches, let's make an offer to Billy Reid, Bjorn Hamberg and Bruno. They could then tell Graham Potter that they can't wait around and hope that they get something when he's next appointed, as there is a once in a lifetime offer of a job at a top club open to them. ;)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
big difference is this.....Bruno was offered a job on Potters team and had no guarantee of a place on the new managers team......whereas .......Crofts was NOT offered a job on Potters team and was asked to do an interim role without a guarantee of a place on the new managers team but a good indication that he could go back to the U23s.

Bruno made the only decision he could.
I disagree. He was under a contract at Brighton. Whilst he might have not got a job in the coaching staff I find it hard to believe the club would have sacked him.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I disagree. He was under a contract at Brighton. Whilst he might have not got a job in the coaching staff I find it hard to believe the club would have sacked him.
I agree, had he stayed and done the caretaker thing I’m pretty sure Roberto would have respected that and retained him on his coaching team… you know, a former Valencia FB, fan and player favourite… there’s no way he was getting the boot. Not a chance…

So, I surmise he took the mercenary money grabbing route and even it felt ‘all wrong’ it didn’t stop him, not for one sodding minute…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here