Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm glad you said this... "Sorry Graham, I know you're offering me a massive, massive pay rise to join you at the current European Champions but I said "once a seagull, always a seagull" two years ago and I'm afraid some fans took that a bit too literally. Turns out I can't ever leave"
"....sadly I'm now unemployed, as there wasn't a space for me under De Zerbi. But hey, once a seagull...." Bruno trailed off, then turned on his heel and wandered into the Job Centre, some of the egg white from that morning's breakfast still lodged in his by now mammoth beard.

Things had taken a turn for the bleak ever since Bruno Saltor Grau uttered those irreversible words.

Last edited:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
You know when he said "Once a Seagull, always a Seagull", he wasn't *actually* saying he would stay with the club for the rest of his life, right?

The guy was offered a promotion and he took it. Good on him!
Good on him joining the Exodus that left us with just Crofts? His right, my right to think he’s a snake. :shrug:

The “Once a Seagull…” was PR bullshit, he wouldn’t have jumped so quick otherwise. Roberts leaving was probably worse as he was good at his job, but at least he didn’t come out with any bullshit previously. I’d have him back. A defender as an attack coach, not much of a miss anyway.

Last edited:

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Maybe negotiations are tough and complicated down to lack of release clause? - SP also maybe trying to sort out what support staff they are prepared to release too - FH support staff have been with the Club a long time as he only took over from Shultz 18 months ago.

Looks like only the Assistant Manager joined with him, everyone else was there already (except one Athletic Coach who joined a year ago).

Screenshot_20240610-133942~2.png

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good on him joining the Exodus that left us with just Crofts? His right, my right to think he’s a snake. :shrug:
Yep. And the club REALLY suffered after that 'exodus', didn't it?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Excellent re. Gross - Had a feeling he could be encouraged to stay under FH - he’ll be an important player for his versatility in what will be a positionally fluid system..

Maybe negotiations are tough and complicated down to lack of release clause? - SP also maybe trying to sort out what support staff they are prepared to release too - FH support staff have been with the Club a long time as he only took over from Shultz 18 months ago. I guess there may be other addons - didn’t we negotiate future performance payments from Chelsea when we released Potter?

Not worried - surely anything that is a dealbreaker will have been sorted by now.
Wouldn't be at all surprised if its a sell on? Albion being willing to pay compo but not overly keen in signing up to a big sell on (when Chelsea come for him next year)!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Or Tony Bloom and Paul Barber really are as good at this running-a-football-club malarkey as they seem to be?
no no no NO, Its all been down to luck, B and B know NOTHING I tell you. NOTHING

The promotions, 5 out of 6 managers improving the clubs situation, the £120 Million profit, the Europa Leauge, The 6th place finish,thge acadamy , the only being in the relegation places for 3 weeks (I think) in 7 years, is all down to luck

Why dont people understand this, and that the club would be so much better off with someone else running it-mayber an American, or Oil rich Sheik

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Looks like only the Assistant Manager joined with him, everyone else was there already (except one Athletic Coach who joined a year ago).

View attachment 183755
Yes quite- as for the rest of the coaching staff that does present a negotiation issue - I imagine both Brighton and FH want some of the St Pauli staff as they know his tactics.

Because FH is so young and was assistant coach to Schultz, he’s only ever coached a liga team with the St Pauli’s existing staff but SP are not going to want to lose a whole cabal of back room boys just as they start a season in the Bundesliga for the first time in 11 years.

However because FH has himself been one of the back room boys at St Pauli ( since 2020) there will be loyalty and they may want to follow him - I‘m sure I read somewhere too that he has dedicated corner coaches - FH has been pretty big on improving set piece training and it’s something that we would benefit from too so maybe they’re in the mix also.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I’m a lot more nervous about this appointment than most on here. 31 years old with no top level experience. Granted his style of football appears to suit us but can he bring that style of football to the top level? No doubt this is a big risk! I don’t think it will be mediocre, it will either be a huge success or a complete disaster
Ther are loads of ‘experienced‘ coaches out there, the ones on the permanent managerial roundabout. The ones that never actually achieve anything. I’ll take young, exciting and risky every day of the week. At least there’s a chance of success ….

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm just so happy that under Bloom we've never really gone for the old British dinosaur merry-go-round;

Pulis
Moyes
Warnock
Allardyce
Holloway
Hodgson
Redknapp
etc

Who are the new versions of these same old same old always get a job despite being mostly utter rubbish (that I think we will keep eschewing)?

Lampard? Gerrard? Rooney? Sherwood? Pardew?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm just so happy that under Bloom we've never really gone for the old British dinosaur merry-go-round;

Pulis
Moyes
Warnock
Allardyce
Holloway
Hodgson
Redknapp
etc

Who are the new versions of these same old same old always get a job despite being mostly utter rubbish (that I think we will keep eschewing)?

Let's just get Herzeler signed and announced first shall we :)

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Pulis
Moyes
Warnock
Allardyce
Holloway
Hodgson
Redknapp
etc

That is a truly horrific list.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here