Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Stop talking sense there are too many precious and needy individuals on here that wont agree 😂

:lolol: I was called exactly that for suggesting Poyet’s tenure was going to end in a shitfest not long before it did because I didn’t like him touting himself. Most were still starry eyed over him at the time.

I am comfortable with it :wink:

As a point of interest what do you think Bruno would bring to the party if he came back?

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
I'm just so happy that under Bloom we've never really gone for the old British dinosaur merry-go-round;

Pulis
Moyes
Warnock
Allardyce
Holloway
Hodgson
Redknapp
etc

Who are the new versions of these same old same old always get a job despite being mostly utter rubbish (that I think we will keep eschewing)?

Lampard? Gerrard? Rooney? Sherwood? Pardew?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
:lolol: I was called exactly that for suggesting Poyet’s tenure was going to end in a shitfest not long before it did because I didn’t like him touting himself. Most were still starry eyed over him at the time.

I am comfortable with it :wink:

As a point of interest what do you think Bruno would bring to the party if he came back?
I didn’t say I wanted him back I just find it difficult to be angry with him because he went and got another job. Also I don’t want Poyet back and well done for spotting early that it would end in a shitfest 😂

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

€10 m (£8.4m) sounds about right to me - Brand new extension to his contract to 2027 was signed by FH in March (I suspect as a condition Brighton could start formal talks as I mentioned up thread with the exit clause enabling that).

I think personally he is worth it (Bundesliga teams were already interested in approaching him last season I read ) and may include his backroom staff for that amount.

For those feeling sorry for SP fans, there are several comments on the forum saying if SP can negotiate a really good price for FH, they’d be ok. with that. ( SP fans perhaps prioritise the idea of their Club more than it’s individual people than we do?)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And if it had suffered would you still be back slapping Bruno, Potter & co?
Easy to say now after RDZ proved he was way more advanced in his management career than Potter.
I'm hardly 'back-slapping' anyone. But, yes, I would still say good for them for furthering their own careers, regardless of the situation.

People – managers, players, coaches and any other sort of staff – come and go from football clubs all the time. With that in mind, I'm already prepared for Fabian either being binned off for being shitehouse, or poached after taking us to new heights. Neither scenario bothers me in the slightest.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Is tribalism in football a new phenomenon to you?

I think it's a bit naive to disregard the emotion of Bruno's move for large swathes of our fanbase who felt a real connection with him. You can justify any football transfer on monetary grounds, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it still hurts fans when someone they held in a higher regard moves on so suddenly.
No.

Objectivity and common sense in football, however? Not possessed by a large proportion of fans/followers/customers :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here