Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It's how you build an identity I guess. It is important for the fans too. The other club in Hamburg, Hamburger Sports Verein(HSV) has more right wing fans. And if you go to (Hansa) Rostock, you'll find a lot of right wing extremist right ultras.

It is also great for branding. I admit that this identity is the main reason St. Pauli is "my club" in Germany.

In fact I'd hope Brighton would use social awarenes in the creation of a global brand like the one St. Pauli has. With the large LGBTQ-culture in Brighton there is a great oportunity to do just that.
I'm not convinced that having individual clubs build their identity around overtly political values is the best way to effect meaningful societal change.

And I strongly dislike the idea that anybody would feel excluded from supporting any club because of their political beliefs, or conversly would feel obliged to think a certain way just because they support a side.

Put another way, I see far more to admire in the culture around football in Liverpool or Sheffield (two examples I happen to be reasonably familiar with) than Glasgow.

Anyway, it doesn't have much to do with Hürzeler, so I'll leave that there.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I haven't checked to see whether anyone else has voiced this concern about Hurzeler but we are told that he's a disciple of RDZ. If correct he comes to us intent on implementing a system which has been totally sussed by every premier League team as evidenced by our post Roma form so lets hope he's got a Plan B and a plan C up his sleeve or else there could be trouble ahead!!
I wouldn't agree that the problems after Roma were about being sussex out, so much as lacking the attacking threat to best exploit the forward space that the system gained us. Arteta seemed to show this season that dominating like City, but being as effective as West Ham on set pieces seems a great blend. Good to read that Hürzeler seems to believe this too.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I haven't checked to see whether anyone else has voiced this concern about Hurzeler but we are told that he's a disciple of RDZ. If correct he comes to us intent on implementing a system which has been totally sussed by every premier League team as evidenced by our post Roma form so lets hope he's got a Plan B and a plan C up his sleeve or else there could be trouble ahead!!
@scwiffy did here - Hürzeler plays a slightly different system to De Zerbi - (with a plan B and maybe C!)
His focus has also been on improving SP’s defending and scoring from set pieces abd focus on them in training - FH says of

...the success from set pieces: "Peter Németh is responsible for the attacking set pieces, Marco Knoop for the defensive ones. Normally, you can only shine from attacking set pieces, but the defensive ones are just as important. They both work very meticulously. You can only be successful as a team and in a team you need experts in certain areas. That's Peter and Marco and I have every confidence in them. They develop everything with the players in several meetings. We get the players on board and listen to their opinions and what they have to say on the various options. They're given responsibility on the pitch even though certain things are discussed ahead of the game. We want decision-makers and encourage them and it's up to the lads to put that into practice on the pitch."

The “plan B”

IMG_1128.png

Last edited:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I wouldn't agree that the problems after Roma were about being sussex out, so much as lacking the attacking threat to best exploit the forward space that the system gained us. Arteta seemed to show this season that dominating like City, but being as effective as West Ham on set pieces seems a great blend. Good to read that Hürzeler seems to believe this too.
"...being sussex out". 🙂
It's brilliant that your predictive text knows that!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
üüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüü

At last....
Thanks fella
üüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüü
Oooooooooo, get yoü

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Further to the set piece talk…

Although we were pretty poor attacking wise, I don’t recall us being too bad defensively. When the opposition got a corner, I didn’t get the fear like I had done with previous Albion sides.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
That's not a plan B. That's playing more defensively against bigger teams.
A plan B is...
It's thirty minutes into a game and the opposition have you worked out, what you gonna do?
But of course the reality is very few teams have a plan B. Modern managers are pretty dogmatic.
I'm very much in the players win matches camp.
Ultimately the best chance we have of success next season is a good summer transfer window and no injuries. Give that to a manager as seemingly intelligent and dynamic as Hürzeler and he'll be able to make match winning changes during games, plan B or not.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
A plan B is...
It's thirty minutes into a game and the opposition have you worked out, what you gonna do?
But of course the reality is very few teams have a plan B. Modern managers are pretty dogmatic.
Ultimately the best chance we have of success next season is a good summer transfer window and no injuries. Give that to a manager as seemingly intelligent and dynamic as Hürzeler and he'll be able to make match winning changes during games, plan B or not.
I really hesitate to say this but there was an Albion manager who definitely had an in game plan B

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A plan B is...

Not according to the PL.
https://www.premierleague.com/news/3988242

Arteta employed a “Plan B” for the NLD from the very beginning. Abandoning their usual attacking game, instead ceding possession, sitting deep, with long passes by Raya.

Perhaps you’re both correct?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

Hmmm... was RDZ sussed out, or did he lose the weapons he needed?

RDZ only knows to attack, and if you don't have the players to hurt the opponents (Mitoma, March, Pedro), they're gonna hurt you.

But I agree a plan 'b' and 'c' is required. RDZ was very bad at adapting.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Not according to the PL.
https://www.premierleague.com/news/3988242

Arteta employed a “Plan B” for the NLD from the very beginning. Abandoning their usual attacking game, instead ceding possession, sitting deep, with long passes by Raya.

Perhaps you’re both correct?
Hmmm... was RDZ sussed out, or did he lose the weapons he needed?

RDZ only knows to attack, and if you don't have the players to hurt the opponents (Mitoma, March, Pedro), they're gonna hurt you.

But I agree a plan 'b' and 'c' is required. RDZ was very bad at adapting.

RDZ tried different things too.
But is that what we are talking about? That's tactical flexibility. My understanding of the idea of plan B is how you react during a match where things aren't working. Guess it depends how you define things. But I stand by the theory that having the best players available is the surest way to make proper changes during a match.
Reckon RDZ could have been a lot bolder had injuries been kinder.
Although I agree that despite those injuries he failed to adapt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here