Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kelvinnewman

Aug 17, 2023
So saw this tweet
IMG_1868.jpeg

Which lead me to this article which answered some interesting questions on “how might a team use data analysis when choosing a coach”

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Hmmm... was RDZ sussed out, or did he lose the weapons he needed?

RDZ only knows to attack, and if you don't have the players to hurt the opponents (Mitoma, March, Pedro), they're gonna hurt you.

But I agree a plan 'b' and 'c' is required. RDZ was very bad at adapting.
Probably a bit of both as you suggest.

IMO, he was in the process of being found out. It wouldn't have happened in a 'big bang' sense, but as other teams/analysts/managers studied his tactics, they gradually became more adept at countering them. It was at this point, he faced his greatest challenge. Just how good was he? How could he adapt to the new reality?

The passage of time, not to mention the results, tells us that he struggled to adapt. But key players being absent didn't help.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So saw this tweet View attachment 183730
Which lead me to this article which answered some interesting questions on “how might a team use data analysis when choosing a coach”

Fascinating stuff…..sort of data Starlizard will be all over…….

John1066

May 13, 2019
Re set pieces, if it means the end of the ‘let’s all do the conga’ line at corners, I’m all for him

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
I'm not convinced that having individual clubs build their identity around overtly political values is the best way to effect meaningful societal change.

And I strongly dislike the idea that anybody would feel excluded from supporting any club because of their political beliefs, or conversly would feel obliged to think a certain way just because they support a side.

Put another way, I see far more to admire in the culture around football in Liverpool or Sheffield (two examples I happen to be reasonably familiar with) than Glasgow.

Anyway, it doesn't have much to do with Hürzeler, so I'll leave that there.
Agree, I want my football club to be win matches and play attractive football. Not to preach to me about what social issues I think should be attached or be a condition to support said team.
That’s politics, not sport.
I support BHAFC the football club, not Brighton the social activism and right on hipster club.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Agree, I want my football club to be win matches and play attractive football. Not to preach to me about what social issues I think should be attached or be a condition to support said team.
I support BHAFC the football club, not Brighton the social activism and right on hipster club.

You probably won’t like this much then ☹️

DID YOU KNOW?
  • Pride 2022 - We were the main headline sponsor
  • Proud Seagulls became an official supporters club at the beginning of the 2022/23 season
  • We hosted an Iftar Meal for Ramadan, becoming one of first Premier League clubs to do this
  • We began working with Sign Live in April 2023, providing BSL interpreters for deaf supporters when speaking to teams at the club such as supporters services and the 1901 Club
  • Equality, Diversity and Inclusion staff networks were setup in August 2022 including a Women's network and LGBTQ network
  • Our academy boys take on the Girls Under-18s in a match for International Women's Day
  • Menopause training for all managers within the club was launched in August 2022
  • We have decreased our gender pay gap (when you exclude first team players) to 11% – and women are represented proportionally in all four pay quartiles of the club as well as on our executive committee

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
You probably won’t like this much then 🙂

DID YOU KNOW?
  • Pride 2022 - We were the main headline sponsor
  • Proud Seagulls became an official supporters club at the beginning of the 2022/23 season
  • We hosted an Iftar Meal for Ramadan, becoming one of first Premier League clubs to do this
  • We began working with Sign Live in April 2023, providing BSL interpreters for deaf supporters when speaking to teams at the club such as supporters services and the 1901 Club
  • Equality, Diversity and Inclusion staff networks were setup in August 2022 including a Women's network and LGBTQ network
  • Our academy boys take on the Girls Under-18s in a match for International Women's Day
  • Menopause training for all managers within the club was launched in August 2022
  • We have decreased our gender pay gap (when you exclude first team players) to 11% – and women are represented proportionally in all four pay quartiles of the club as well as on our executive committee
It's woke nonsense like this which has been holding our club back all these years

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sorry but this is complete nonsense.

A football club is a community. Brighton is “woke” but is also the Sussex team and there are loads of deprived estates and communities within the catchment area. It’s naturally left wing.

Liverpool won’t buy The Sun quite rightly and have a totally separate identity to the rest of the country.

Millwall totally represent the politics of white Bermondsey.

Celtic and Rangers still indulge in sectarianism.

Cardiff hate the English only marginally less than they hate Swansea.

Literally all of these are examples of the politics that sit naturally in communities, particularly working class ones.

And there are fascist clubs. Lazio, Hellas Verona and Hansa Rostock for three. Surely the left wing ones offer counter balance?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Sorry but this is complete nonsense.

A football club is a community. Brighton is “woke” but is also the Sussex team and there are loads of deprived estates and communities within the catchment area. It’s naturally left wing.

Liverpool won’t buy The Sun quite rightly and have a totally separate identity to the rest of the country.

Millwall totally represent the politics of white Bermondsey.

Celtic and Rangers still indulge in sectarianism.

Cardiff hate the English only marginally less than they hate Swansea.

Literally all of these are examples of the politics that sit naturally in communities, particularly working class ones.

And there are fascist clubs. Lazio, Hellas Verona and Hansa Rostock for three. Surely the left wing ones offer counter balance?
I feel it's worth highlighting that apart from Liverpool's boycott of the Sun, which is shared with Everton fans as well, most if not all of those examples are just people being total unmitigated twats.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I feel it's worth highlighting that apart from Liverpool's boycott of the Sun, which is shared with Everton fans as well, most if not all of those examples are just people being total unmitigated twats.
Brighton fans representing their city and county community? Anti fascist clubs opposing racism? Welsh fans hating their traditional oppressors? Really?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Well this thread has taken an unexpected turn…..

Edit - keep looking to see if @Zeberdi or @Guinness Boy have unearthed another nugget of detail….
Not yet at my end.

WANTED posters up at all airport terminals, hotels and pubs in Lancing to be on the lookout for this man - thought to be travelling to the UK 🙂

IMG_1131.jpeg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Well this thread has taken an unexpected turn…..

Edit - keep looking to see if @Zeberdi or @Guinness Boy have unearthed another nugget of detail….
I’m not looking for it. My instinct is that this will complete in the next few days after the legals are sorted out. He’s defo our man.

But things can always go to shit. In my experience, that could be over a misplaced comma.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here