Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Not Spanish Dave

Feb 23, 2013
press: Windows key and fullstop . at the same time. This should bring up the symbols box
üüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüü

At last....
Thanks fella
üüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüü

Pliny the Gull

Mar 4, 2024
Looking forward to getting this over the line. Really excited.
Fixtures out soon. Villa away, Fab H running down the line giving it large as Enciso hits a 25 yd screamer past Cheating Martinez, Holt end goes quiet. McGinn whinging at his team mates. Fab H waves at travelling support.
Chelsea, Palmer, Cundy, Fulham, Newcastle, and that geezer on X who said there's no diehard Brighton fans, plus Palace can all have some back as well.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Bloody Yanks.

Something about D-Day.

Something about Potter.

Something about RdZ.

Something about Chelsea.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So, what happens if/when we can't agree a compensation figure with St.Pauli?
Does he come anyway and a court decides what they are owed for breach of contract, or does he stay there and we pivot to Rydstrom?

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
So, what happens if/when we can't agree a compensation figure with St.Pauli?
Does he come anyway and a court decides what they are owed for breach of contract, or does he stay there and we pivot to Rydstrom?
I think we pay the amount stated in the contract if there is a release clause which I suspect there is.
I assume that the negotiation is how it is paid i.e. all at once or an initial fee plus addons regarding performance.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I know - By me too - Including in the very first post on this thread which I referred to over 2 weeks ago and which I commented on again 14 pages ago!

- but there are 3 threads running and thought I was posting again it on another thread because someone there was asking for his background.
I'm talking about the message board link. Not the tactics piece.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yep all very patronising.

I personally don’t think it’s patronising to talk about St Pauli’s culture and values at all.

They have a cult status for their values and culture and are themselves proud of it - a Club that have their roots in the working classes of Hamburg, disaffected youth, anti-sexism and anti-racism and more recently LGBTQ - St Pauli fans self-identify strongly with their left wing activist roots - they are known throughout European football for it. At a time when football hooliganism was rife in continental Europe, St Pauli fans weren’t fighting on the terrraces, they were fighting for social justice. They were the Punk Rockers of football. Speak to @Atilla - he is the ITK on this.

In the meantime when I was looking at the possibility of FH being a good fit for us, I found this article really helpful in giving myself a much needed “history lesson” to understand the environment that FH has honed his managerial skills in:

As someone that grew up in Brighton, went through the subversive art stage, was homeless for a while, was a punk and was heavily involved in social justice issues, I thought “how Brighton” it all was when I read it and how it fits in with our ethos at the Club.

St Pauli have also become known throughout the Bundesligas for the amazing football they started playing under Hürzeler but their roots won’t change.

Last edited:

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
To the tune of that we’ll known Rhianna song to do with rain….

When the sun shines, we shine together

Now that we’re scoring more than ever

We all love our American German fella

He drinks Pilsner, not Stella, -ella, -ella, eh, eh, eh

The man they call Hürzeler, -ella, -ella, eh, eh, eh

He eats sauerkraut, not mozzarella -ella, -ella, eh, eh, eh

He’s fixed our manager dilemma , -ella, -ella, eh, eh, eh

(Needs work)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here