Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
A shout out for Scoop @Zeberdi for digging out this completely unknown American-Swiss-German hothead to become our next manager.

:drink:

Thank you. :drink:

Nothing like beating the sports pundits and “experts” at their own game eh? 😉

I’m thrilled to be honest (and not because I picked him as my personal choice to replace RDZ) but because it affirms my love and faith in TB and PB to make what I genuinely thought was such a perfect appointment for us - after De Zerbi, whom so many of us believed was a ‘one in a million talent“ we’d never find again, we just got the one person that not only was inspired by De Zerbi ball but has apparently fixed it’s inherent weaknesses both in attack and defence and will put Brighton right back in the centre of media attention again next season, not just because pundits will be watching the youngest manager in the Premier League but because our football will flow again.

My next prediction (😂)

Gross is going to love him if he stays.
Baleba I think could be the break out player as a CB/DMF
Barco, Hinshelwood and Mitoma will be in their element with his wide system of play (and hopefully Osman).
Verbruggen will become one of the best GK’s in Europe because FH loves a GK that can play football
Welbz will love that he is exactly what FH likes in a striker - (clinical and can hold up play)
Pedro will just be loved
Ferguson will find his confidence again with a younger manager

Happy Clappy now - plenty of time for negative thinking next season 🙂

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I’m thrilled to be honest (and not because I picked him as my personal choice to replace RDZ) but because it affirms my love and faith in TB and PB to make what I genuinely thought was such a perfect appointment for us - after De Zerbi, whom so many of us believed was a ‘one in a million talent“ we’d never find again, we just got the one person that not only was inspired by De Zerbi ball but has apparently fixed it’s inherent weaknesses both in attack and defence and will put Brighton right back in the centre of media attention again next season, not just because pundits will be watching the youngest manager in the Premier League but because our football will flow again.

My next prediction (😂)

Barco, Hinshelwood and Mitoma will be in their element with his wide system of play (and hopefully Osman).
Verbruggen will become one of the best GK’s in Europe because FH loves a GK that can play football
Welbz will love that he is exactly what FH likes in a striker - (clinical and can hold up play)
Pedro will just be loved

Feels 98% done.

Barring last minute hiccups give yourself a massive pat on the back.

Great call.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Feels 98% done.

Barring last minute hiccups give yourself a massive pat on the back.

Great call.
Thank you 🙂

It was the German Doctor - you are right

So I started with 2 Bundesliga - 🤷‍♂️

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I think we can start feeling confident that this is getting done.

There was some shocking names we were linked with, Cooper, etc .. so I'm feeling relieved.

We didn't get our main men, McKenna and Potter... But I can't help feel that this guy was high up the list, and probably would have been up there if there was more data proving that he will be successful.

A slight risk, but it I'm feeling confident that he'll do a good job. Hope the fans are patient with him, and that we get at least a few years out of him before he inevitably goes to Chelsea.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry

My next prediction (😂)

Pedro will just be loved

I like Welbz but clinical isn’t the first word that comes to mind about him imo!😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think we can start feeling confident that this is getting done.

There was some shocking names we were linked with, Cooper, etc .. so I'm feeling relieved.

We didn't get our main men, McKenna and Potter... But I can't help feel that this guy was high up the list, and probably would have been up there if there was more data proving that he will be successful.

A slight risk, but it I'm feeling confident that he'll do a good job. Hope the fans are patient with him, and that we get at least a few years out of him before he inevitably goes to Chelsea.
You are Rishi Sunak and I claim my £5.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Of course, this is only speculation but I worry that Hurzeler may not have the impact that some on here are expecting. However, I thought the same when De Zerbi was appointed and he exceeded everyone’s expectations so what do I know? :lolol:

Good luck to him.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
He is no wallflower. The wildness Hurzeler once had as a player is still there in the technical area. He had been yellow-carded seven times by February last season and when St Pauli scored a last-minute equaliser against Fortuna Dusseldorf in the DFB-Pokal quarter-finals, he was left celebrating among supporters, having been banished to the stands. Supporters love him and embrace him for his passion. Opponents tend to be ruffled by him, though. As do rival coaches.

Hail Hurzeler!

:love: :love: :love:
Fab-Dabi-Dozi

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

My next prediction (😂)

Pedro will just be loved

You selected the manager - an unknown - that the club/TB/PB/recruitment team selected. That, may I say, is top, top research. You predicted that the club would go for continuity, but would also address the weaknesses evident with the latter half of RDZ's tenure.

Enjoy the applause on here; it is richly deserved.

Your last line - 100%.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Of course, this is only speculation but I worry that Hurzeler may not have the impact that some on here are expecting. However, I thought the same when De Zerbi was appointed and he exceeded everyone’s expectations so what do I know? :lolol:

Good luck to him.

This is a proper unknown. He did a great job in a short stint at St Pauli and that's all we really have to go by.

I suspect the club will be giving him a lot of support, and look to develop him as a manager, considering his age and experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here