Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
THE most us appointment possible?!

How would it be viewed Brighton poaching the St Pauli manager though?! Hipster confusion everywhere!

And surely wouldn’t be popular with many fans on here who don’t like managers leaving a project at their current club for a bigger job earning lots more money! And imagine if he brought some of his coaching staff with him!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Anyone know how to pronounce the name correctly, need to prepare a song (just in case, of course)?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Anyone know how to pronounce the name correctly, need to prepare a song (just in case, of course)?
Ist Fah-bian (as in do-re-mi-fa-so) Hurtz-uller (as in ouch it hurts but with a z and eurgh ler)

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Yes, can anyone shed any light on how much of an issue this would be?

The fact that all 3 names have leaked suggests it’s the club who have put this info out there. Would the club let this slip unless it was looking good?

The negative view is they’re putting it out there so they can say “we tried” when Potter is announced.

The positive view is they’re confident they can get this guy or Rydstrom and we’re just waiting on interviews.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Matt Law of the Telegraph reporting that he’s on our shortlist.
Manager of newly promoted St Pauli in Germany.
Born in the US with a Swiss father and German mother.
Only 31 years old.
Something about this guy that says he could be the one. Support from Crofts and Milner and away we go.
That’s been my thinking in recent days - he really ticks all the boxes for me on a number of levels.

Last edited:

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
He's just signed an extension at St. Pauli. As someone who knows nothing about him but is already on the hype train, I feel this would be like RDZ saying he's staying and happy to work under our conditions and then a bigger team coming in and RDZ slithering off like that little thin skinned potter prick.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That's good, the oppos will have us sussed from day 1.
No he’s sussed the weakness in De Zerbi’s game both in defence and attack - he tweaked the system exactly because SP were running into the same problems we were.

Last edited:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm.....not sure what to think yet. I trust our club to make an educated appointment and if it's this bloke, so be it...I will rally behind him

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
THE most us appointment possible?!

How would it be viewed Brighton poaching the St Pauli manager though?! Hipster confusion everywhere!

And surely wouldn’t be popular with many fans on here who don’t like managers leaving a project at their current club for a bigger job earning lots more money! And imagine if he brought some of his coaching staff with him!
Between seasons is generally OK, during a season is shitty. Taking a manager from a newly promoted side that wants to keep him, is also a bit shitty though. But I guarantee he would write a better goodbye note than Potter, and not embitter St.Pauli fans severely.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
So there was some concern that if we poached McKenna we'd be perceived as "the baddies". Does poaching Hurzeler not also make us "the baddies"? Or do we not give a crap about the opinions of some German football fans? (which I'm totally on-board with, BTW)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here