Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
One of Europe’s youngest coaches Fabian Hurzeler has emerged as a shock leading candidate for the Brighton job.
Hurzeler is just 31 years of age and is manager of German club St Pauli, who won promotion as champions of Bundesliga 2 this season.
It is believed that Hurzeler has made Brighton’s final shortlist along with Malmo’s head coach Henrik Rydstrom, who has been one of the favourites for the post since the departure of Roberto De Zerbi.
Talks have also been held over a return for Graham Potter and all three managers score highly on Brighton’s famous data model of being able to work with and develop young talent.

Link to the full Daily Telegraph article (behind paywall)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
if he has an American accent , I'm out

edit : he doesnt

just watched a video on him talking about racism and sexism. Would prob fit in
Yep, just said on another thread that he'd 'get' the City of Brighton and Hove, and the club, after coaching St Pauli.

Has a very good record with them on paper. Not sure what style he plays though or how experienced he is at dealing with setbacks.

He does tick an awful lot of boxes though. My tenner might get placed at last.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When James Milner made his Prem debut this fella would have been 9 years old, running around in short trousers and pulling the legs off spiders.

Bottom line - I can't see us signing Fab Hurzler. Too many obstacles to overcome.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Article suggests we've already been investigating whether he or Rydstrom would get work permits.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Interesting there's a thread and rumours about him - had missed that.

When I did my "who do we might get"-scan based on playing styles and type of players used, this guy was one of the closest matches, but I left him off the list because I didn't see it as realistic with a manager who haven't coached in any top division. Maybe I was wrong.

Risky? Absolutely. But very interesting.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’ve got a mate who lives in St Pauli who says he’s shitehousen

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here