Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Just called my friend (who supports everything Hamburg - both HSV and Pauli). He hung up on me when I told me we're probably stealing Huerzeler.
He's probably calling back but... HAHAHA

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Not sure why he would join us having just been promoted with St Pauli - might be a similar situation to McKenna.

McKenna may well have joined if it weren't for the Man U interest.

FH would consider joining due to bigger budget, bigger salary, better players, and more chance of staying up.

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
THE most us appointment possible?!

How would it be viewed Brighton poaching the St Pauli manager though?! Hipster confusion everywhere!

And surely wouldn’t be popular with many fans on here who don’t like managers leaving a project at their current club for a bigger job earning lots more money! And imagine if he brought some of his coaching staff with him!
There's a difference between leaving your club in the close season to go to a different country and leaving your club 6 games into a season to go to another club you were actively competing with.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
So there was some concern that if we poached McKenna we'd be perceived as "the baddies". Does poaching Hurzeler not also make us "the baddies"? Or do we not give a crap about the opinions of some German football fans? (which I'm totally on-board with, BTW)
The recruitment churn is part of the game. What it comes down to is the manner of departing to many fans, myself included.

What annoyed people about Potter was leaving right after the summer, having done the full pre-season, taking basically our entire backroom with him.

Suddenly, during an active season with games coming thick and fast, we are left scrambling around to recruit, acclimatise and accommodate a brand new team all with new ways of thinking and operating, and no opportunity to prepare for it.

Recruiting a manager from another club now leaves the club ample time to find a replacement before their own season starts

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
So there was some concern that if we poached McKenna we'd be perceived as "the baddies". Does poaching Hurzeler not also make us "the baddies"? Or do we not give a crap about the opinions of some German football fans? (which I'm totally on-board with, BTW)
We're a Premier League club, we're going to f*** teams up by taking their coaches and players once in a while. We're not some sort of saints.
Of course Pauli fans are going get angry with both us and him if this happens, but thats just... nature.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
One of the biggest German festivals in the US is in Texas.

Cincinnati claims to have the largest Oktoberfest outside of Germany:

I've been a few times back when I lived in Cincy.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
"Musical managers" wait until the music stops.
Its Like a house move chain, maybe we are waiting for United to stick or twist then make a move.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Not sure why he would join us having just been promoted with St Pauli - might be a similar situation to McKenna.
It has to count for something that McKenna had his pick of multiple PL clubs, Ipswich included, whereas this fella is choosing between the Bundesliga and the PL — not exactly the same predicament.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
We're a Premier League club, we're going to f*** teams up by taking their coaches and players once in a while. We're not some sort of saints.
Of course Pauli fans are going get angry with both us and him if this happens, but thats just... nature.
Really surprised he wasn’t on your list HS.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Let’s grab him now and stick a £30m release clause on him. Gloss over that with him when he signs his £2m a year contract which will be significantly higher than SP can offer him.
Will need to support with people that know the club. Crofts and possibly even Milner.
Yes, I would feel sorry for SP but at least we are doing well in advance of the new season.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Really surprised he wasn’t on your list HS.
He was, because he fits us like a glove according to the data points I compared, but I removed him because I thought there was no chance of us signing a manager with zero top league experience in any country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here