Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
As for St Pauli fans, they really are the last fans in the world that people shouldn’t give a crap about imo - they have cult status for being left wing with a distinctly social minded culture that has a predominantly working class fan base.
So the fans are like NSC fans then:unsure:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
therefore we couldn’t approach to start negotiating with St Pauli unless they agreed for us to do so. (Which all suggests that it is FH who is interested in us too )
I think Sky confirmed that that has already happened yesterday.
IMG_1127.jpeg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No - He doesn’t have a release clause in his contract (as I explained on another thread), therefore we couldn’t approach to start negotiating with St Pauli unless they agreed for us to do so. (Which all suggests that it is FH who is interested in us too )

As for St Pauli fans, they really are the last fans in the world that people shouldn’t give a crap about imo - they have cult status for being left wing with a distinctly social minded culture that has a predominantly working class fan base.
Happens all the time. Bloom won’t spend ages negotiating a settlement with a club to get permission to speak to a manager to then find out he isn’t interested

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I hope we don’t steal all their back room staff as well otherwise some of our fans are going to be VERY ANGRY

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Weird things happened to my account yesterday so I’m not sure if I’ve been banned or blocked or bullied or what or for what reason. Freedom of speech doesn’t seem to apply to this forum anyway.

I can see why the hype around Hürzeler is building given the obvious connections with our style of play under RDZ and St. Pauli. At this stage, given the dearth of viable alternatives, and despite knowing little about him before, its understandable that we seem to prefer this guy as coach. Not sure why he’s more favourable than Rydstrom who is a similar candidate.

It all depends on whether he chooses to leave the safety of familiarity at St. Pauli and a new challenge and is granted a work permit, neither of which are granted at this stage. The odds are mighty short when you factor in those variables. Besides, work permit applications usually take 8 weeks according to GOV.UK so he might not be confirmed as official until early August. One thing is for certain, we will have to wait.

There is a shift to younger unproven managers and that Brighton are at the forefront of this is encouraging even if it represents a greater risk. Given our recent form it’s an even bigger risk.

Potter would have been a safer bet regardless of what some sections of the fan base think about him. But that option was never in question for either side, for that reason, and the England job.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I price requested that for a laugh on B365 I’m why Mark McGee also featured

It was 33/1 so they obviously think he needs Graham
If I get reincarnated, I'm going to come back as a bookmaker.

Let's see now, who's had a previous association with Brighton?

Ah yes, Sami Hyypia, Gus Poyet, Alan Mullery, Pat Saward......

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
No - He doesn’t have a release clause in his contract (as I explained on another thread), therefore we couldn’t approach to start negotiating with St Pauli unless they agreed for us to do so. (Which all suggests that it is FH who is interested in us too )

I'd suggest it is very naive indeed to think that negotiations for players or managers don't start until a fee has been agreed.

Before any club goes to the effort of going down that road, they'll want to know there is a decent chance the player or manager would be interested in making the move.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Weird things happened to my account yesterday so I’m not sure if I’ve been banned or blocked or bullied or what or for what reason. Freedom of speech doesn’t seem to apply to this forum anyway.

I can see why the hype around Hürzeler is building given the obvious connections with our style of play under RDZ and St. Pauli. At this stage, given the dearth of viable alternatives, and despite knowing little about him before, its understandable that we seem to prefer this guy as coach. Not sure why he’s more favourable than Rydstrom who is a similar candidate.

It all depends on whether he chooses to leave the safety of familiarity at St. Pauli and a new challenge and is granted a work permit, neither of which are granted at this stage. The odds are mighty short when you factor in those variables. Besides, work permit applications usually take 8 weeks according to GOV.UK so he might not be confirmed as official until early August. One thing is for certain, we will have to wait.

There is a shift to younger unproven managers and that Brighton are at the forefront of this is encouraging even if it represents a greater risk. Given our recent form it’s an even bigger risk.

Potter would have been a safer bet regardless of what some sections of the fan base think about him. But that option was never in question for either side, for that reason, and the England job.
If you express a different opinion to one of the mods or their divine leader you can quickly run into trouble 😂

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Can you think of a single case where a Premier League player or manager has had to wait 8 weeks for a work permit?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

And yet here you are, pontificating freely and wholly uncancelled :lolol:

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

If Potter didn’t hit the ground running it would be a disaster he simply wouldn’t have got the same grace a new manager would get from the fans. Football fans don’t forget and that’s what the pro Potter group seem to dismiss.
At least Potter himself recognised he would immediately be under pressure regardless of if he wanted the job or not.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Can you think of a single case where a Premier League player or manager has had to wait 8 weeks for a work permit?
Not something I’ve ever considered since playing Football Manager! Always remember it being a ball ache. The GBE system would speed it up I guess. Either way I would expect we’ll have to wait for the club to “announce” which won’t appease some!

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
If Potter didn’t hit the ground running it would be a disaster he simply wouldn’t have got the same grace a new manager would get from the fans. Football fans don’t forget and that’s what the pro Potter group seem to dismiss.
At least Potter himself recognised he would immediately be under pressure regardless of if he wanted the job or not.
The whole thing was way overblown. No issues within the squad and would’ve fixed our defensive issues immediately.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Really?
I’ve always found the complete opposite, I actually think @Bozza and the mods do a great job, and actually encourage debate, and after all isn’t that what a forum is about?

People have the ‘ignore’ option for individuals and threads…..

@Harry Wilson's tackle fairly certain I may have more people and threads on ignore than you😂

Re work permit - great point, hadn’t thought of that…..

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
I hope we don’t steal all their back room staff as well otherwise some of our fans are going to be VERY ANGRY
Why attempt to derail this and bring it back around to bloody Potter.
For the record, Potter didn't just take those he brought with him, he took everyone else too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here