Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
1000004749.png

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Rydstrom at 8/1 is the smart money surely? It seems like Hurzeler is the most likely with Rydstrom being firmly on the list if that doesn’t happen.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Has there been any comment in German media about this
I posted a video of an interview with German Sky sports correspondent, Florian Pettenberg above - here is the link again

Good interview here with Florian Plettenberg

This is probably the biggest German MS sports media source if anything “concrete” happens

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Rydstrom at 8/1 is the smart money surely? It seems like Hurzeler is the most likely with Rydstrom being firmly on the list if that doesn’t happen.

Malmo's Chairman was interviewed by Swedish media yesterday, says it's just media talk and there's been no concrete contact between clubs.

He maybe playing his cards close to his chest, or maybe we aren't interested.

Asked if Brighton made any type of contact, he again claimed that never happened.
“No, it hasn’t. No more than what has been written in the media.”

He also refused to make some more comments on the recent rumours, repeating that there’s nothing going on right now.

“I have read various reports of interest but there has been nothing concrete for us. It’s a completely hypothetical question. We have an agreement with Henrik and assume that he is our coach.

“It is quite natural because Henrik has done very well. Otherwise, I have no comments.”

Last edited:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
So there was some concern that if we poached McKenna we'd be perceived as "the baddies". Does poaching Hurzeler not also make us "the baddies"? Or do we not give a crap about the opinions of some German football fans? (which I'm totally on-board with, BTW)

I think for me it’s that I would have fully understood why Ipswich fans would have hated us and I would have too if it were the other way around, yet I don’t think we would have done anything wrong.

We went for McKenna (and now Hurzeler) early on in the summer window, which is the generally regarded appropriate or best time so they can find somebody new, These managers also deserve the chance to move on to a new club which gives them the option to further their career and work in a new league.

It’s more a case of you can do everything right but fans will still get butthurt about it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here