Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Brilliant news. More about the fact that we can now stop talking about Graeme Bloody Potter (maybe once he decides to be a football manager again his fan boys can join him at his new club, Swansman style.) 😂😂

More seriously though, I think this is a proper exciting appointment, can't wait for this season. .. And the next, when we win the league. 😂
Is he Graham’s unimaginatively named brother? :wink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Very excited for this. Could be De Zerbi on steroids, could be a Hyypia but certainly won’t be dull.

Club played a blinder early on, letting the stupid Potter and Cooper rumours swirl around while they quietly got their man.

I underestimated PBOBE and TB. Never underestimate PBOBE and TB.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nice (y)

The fans said that they would not accept anything less than Europe first season if Potter was in charge, so I presume they have the same expectations now Hürzler is in charge ;)
Nah, just has to do better than 16th to do better than Potter 👍

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
This is why we love the club such a bold and interesting appointment genuinely can’t wait for the new season and we still have the fixtures to come, the inevitable meltdown about the new shirt design, Chelsea no doubt unsettling one of our top players, Groß will he stay or return to Germany, the Undav saga and of course the annual panic about lack of signings

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Now that it is definite we can really start to think about the season ahead. Yes it is a bold move , he certainly fits the profile of a young manager with fresh ideas . Who knows what lies ahead ? But as always it will be interesting. ( and that’s an understatement)

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Feel a bit bad, actually.
St. Pauli is, spiritually I felt, something of a sister club, especially during the Falmer for All era - and we did something of a Chelsea on them.

But only a bit bad. They're in 1.Bundesliga now, and we're in the EPL now, and business is business.
Unfortunately football is a dog eat dog business. We have done to St.Pauli, Swansea, Boca Juniors what Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool have done to us. It’s the way that business is conducted which is acceptable or not. Talking of dogs there is only one top dog - the Boxer! 🥰

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
FFS!

Why are we fannying about signing coaches when it's clearly players we need. We need a new striker, right winger, attacking midfielder, defensive midfielder, right back, centre back and all we've got is 300 keepers.

We're on the verge of relegation while palace are about to win the European super league.

So what do we do? Sign a bloody coach when we already had one and a perfectly good ex one out of work.*

*all information in this post has been taken from the hysteria and panic evident in certain quarters of nsc and may not reflect the authors own views.
When I started reading your post my reaction was :rant: then ended with :laugh:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Feel a bit bad, actually.
St. Pauli is, spiritually I felt, something of a sister club, especially during the Falmer for All era - and we did something of a Chelsea on them.

But only a bit bad. They're in 1.Bundesliga now, and we're in the EPL now, and business is business.
I agree to a degree. It is very sad for the club that the manager who got them promotion won't be there to carry on so I have sympathy. However it is nothing like the situation with Chelsea where Potter and 5 backroom staff all quit after 6 matches and more followed in the aftermath. It is of far more consequence when a manager is tempted away part way through a season. Now we don't know who may follow Hurzeler, but you can bet it will not rival that in any way, shape or form. Chelsea took 11 players and coaching staff in 17 months.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I recall those on the Potter thread stating that anything less than Europe in his (hypothetical) first season back at Brighton would be a failure. It will be interesting if they carry the same expectations with Hürzeler or were, more likely, saying that as they had grudges against Potter.
Not really 'the fans' then, just a few perhaps unreasonable comments in regard of Potter were he to return. For what it's worth I have personally spoken to many of my friends and colleagues who are Brighton fans and not one of them wanted Potter to return.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Let’s hope all the excitement and best wishes from fans translate into him being given a bit of time.

We’ve had arguably the best 3 seasons in the club’s history, and he’ll have no experience of the spotlight and pressure cooker environment of the PL. We’re going to need a bit of patience I feel.

Looking forward to all us NSC managers analysing and offering our thoughts on what he should be doing better and how he probably doesn’t even know his best team and how it’s all gone pear shaped after a couple of defeats :wink:

I am looking forward to seeing if he lives up to the unhinged coach on the sidelines suggestion. Love an animated coach

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
Let’s hope all the excitement and best wishes from fans translate into him being given a bit of time.

We’ve had arguably the best 3 seasons in the club’s history, and he’ll have no experience of the spotlight and pressure cooker environment of the PL. We’re going to need a bit of patience I feel.
The one thing, above all else, you cannot associate with football fans is patience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here