Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F1 Hungarian Grand Prix 24-26 July 2009

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Excuse me for being unhappy that wanker Alonso got pole. :US:

A wanker who just happens to be the best F1 driver you mean??

The grid positions for this weekend mean there's a good chance Red Bull and Brawn are not gonna win. Hamilton's kers could quite easily propel him to the front at the start and I expect Alonso is fuelled very light. Great chance for Lewis imo, if he can keep his head :thumbsup:

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
A wanker who just happens to be the best F1 driver you mean??

Unfortunatley that statement it true. Alonso is a bit of a :wanker: but I don't think there's anybody else on the grid who is an overall better driver than what he is.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
1. Fernando Alonso 1.21.569
2. Sebastian Vettel 1.21.607
3. Mark Webber 1.21.741
4. Lewis Hamilton 1.21.839
5. Nico Rosberg 1.21.890
6. Heikki Kovalainen 1.22.095
7. Kimi Räikkönen 1.22.468
8. Jenson Button 1.22.511
9. Kazuki Nakajima 1.22.835
10. Felipe Massa

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Processional...very little overtaking...unlikely that a driver outside the first two rows of the grid will win it...however, I will still be glued to it, having missed the last couple of races.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Yeah indeed, I feel rather bit silly for putting a laugh on my post earlier on. When he just came off, evidently a remarkably similar incident to the Surtees accident.

I thiink he will be ok, he was seen waving on the stretcher so perhaps and I hope all should be ok!

Awaits a new safety introduction following this!

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Formula One Ferrari driver Felipe Massa is in life-threatening condition after undergoing surgery on his fractured skull suffered in a crash during qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix on Saturday.

Officials at the AEK military hospital in Budapest said Massa, 28, will be kept sedated on a respirator overnight in the intensive care unit.

"Massa's condition is serious, life-threatening but stable," medical director Peter Bazso said at a news conference. Bazso and chief surgeon Lajos Zsiros said they expect Massa to be awakened on Sunday.

The Brazilian crashed after a spring that had fallen off another car flew up and struck him in the helmet.

An apparently dazed Massa continued driving over a curb and across the track. He went through the gravel area alongside the Formula One circuit before striking a tire-lined barrier.

He was airlifted to hospital in stable condition and was conscious when he arrived.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
Formula One Ferrari driver Felipe Massa is in life-threatening condition after undergoing surgery on his fractured skull suffered in a crash during qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix on Saturday.

Officials at the AEK military hospital in Budapest said Massa, 28, will be kept sedated on a respirator overnight in the intensive care unit.

"Massa's condition is serious, life-threatening but stable," medical director Peter Bazso said at a news conference. Bazso and chief surgeon Lajos Zsiros said they expect Massa to be awakened on Sunday.

The Brazilian crashed after a spring that had fallen off another car flew up and struck him in the helmet.

An apparently dazed Massa continued driving over a curb and across the track. He went through the gravel area alongside the Formula One circuit before striking a tire-lined barrier.

He was airlifted to hospital in stable condition and was conscious when he arrived.

According to F1 website he was unconscious when he hit the tyre wall which resulted in his visor being ripped of and major damage was done to his eye socket.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Acorrding to the Guardian web site: "The Brazilian was knocked unconscious when a spring, which had become detached from the rear suspension of Rubens Barrichello's Brawn, struck Massa on the head as he reached 175mph on one of the fastest sections of the Hungaroring.

The Ferrari cut the inside of the left-hand bend that followed soon after, ran straight across a run-off area and embedded itself in a quadruple-layer tyre barrier. The qualifying session was stopped as Massa was removed to the track's medical centre and stabilised before being flown to hospital, where he successfully underwent surgery.

The spring, weighing approximately 700 grammes, had somehow penetrated the top of his visor and injured Massa above the left eye, perilously close to the cornea."

Wishing him a speedy and full recovery.

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
That sounds bad, how can this happen twice in week??

franks brother

It could have been much worse but still a reality check of how dangerous 190mph racing is...
massas10.jpg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Bloody hell, that is seriously nasty.

Let's hope he makes a good recovery.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Thats horrible...

really hope he recovers fully and is driving soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here