V Luizzi 	[ 15 ] 	** [3.75%]
M Gene 	[ 35 ] 	** [8.75%]
L Badoer 	[ 21 ] 	** [5.25%]
T Sato 	[ 17 ] 	** [4.25%]
S Bourdais 	[ 50 ] 	** [12.50%]
F Alonso 	[ 59 ] 	** [14.75%]
N Piquet 	[ 12 ] 	** [3.00%]
A Davidson 	[ 17 ] 	** [4.25%]

I can't understand it, if Ferrari are the great team they all believe themselves to be, then why hasn't Hamilton's name been touted. Very strange! Is there perhaps some bad blood there?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I can't understand it, if Ferrari are the great team they all believe themselves to be, then why hasn't Hamilton's name been touted. Very strange! Is there perhaps some bad blood there?

because Hamiltons contracted at McLaren :jester:

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Kimi Raikkonen is competing in Rally Finland this weekend. Let's hope he doesn't wrap himself around a tree, otherwise Ferrari are really screwed.

As already stated, the rumour is that Alonso has already signed for Ferrari for next season. I can't see him going mid-season though, as that would leave Renault needing two new drivers (I took the backstage shots of Piquet senior looking stony faced followed by Flav leaving mid-race to mean it's curtains for Piquet Jnr).

I would think Gene would be favourite to replace Massa, as he is still actively competing (he won Le Mans this year), over Badoer who has the indistinction of having competed in the most Grands Prix (48) without having scored a single point.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
From today's times:

Another candidate being mentioned in Formula One circles is Mirko Bortolotti, the 19-year-old Italian Formula Two driver, who impressed when given the chance to test the 2008 Ferrari Formula One car last year.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
From today's times:

Another candidate being mentioned in Formula One circles is Mirko Bortolotti, the 19-year-old Italian Formula Two driver, who impressed when given the chance to test the 2008 Ferrari Formula One car last year.

I'd be VERY surprised if they bring a rookie in mid-season. Gene or Badoer I reckon, just because they've experience of driving this year's Ferrari.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'd be VERY surprised if they bring a rookie in mid-season. Gene or Badoer I reckon, just because they've experience of driving this year's Ferrari.

I would agree with that.

For me Gene is the only choice. Badoer hasn't driven in f1 since 1999 and wasn't really that good back then. I wouldn't usually have given the quote from the times the time of day - however I thought the 'Italian' factor may be worth chucking into the thread.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
You don't say!!!!!!!!!!!

that poll I posted and that YOU quoted is for drivers to take over THIS season hence why Hamiltons name is'nt on it :rolleyes:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Schumacher to make F1 return in Spain

By Steven English Wednesday, July 29th 2009, 16:51 GMT

Ferrari plans to draft in seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher to replace Felipe Massa until the Brazilian is fit enough to return to the cockpit.

According to Ferrari's website, Schumacher has said he is ready and will undergo a specific training programme over the next few days before being confirmed as Massa's replacement for the European Grand Prix at Valencia on August 23.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
And what the odds he wins,would not suprise me. Be very interesting to see if he does decide to drive.

Will be awesome to see how he fares against Webber, Hamilton et al. Will also be a good indicator of how good the car actually is too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here