Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F1 Hungarian Grand Prix 24-26 July 2009

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I actually feel a bit sorry for Alonso over this suspension stuff. It wasn't his fault and he's now being denied the chance to drive in front of his own fans. Imagine the uproar if Hamilton or Button had been banned from Silverstone.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I actually feel a bit sorry for Alonso over this suspension stuff. It wasn't his fault and he's now being denied the chance to drive in front of his own fans. Imagine the uproar if Hamilton or Button had been banned from Silverstone.

Whilst I sort of agree re: Alonso missing his home grand prix. I believe that the ban reflects the severity of Renault's f*** up. It wasn't Alonso's fault, but it was not any single person's fault either. The car was released before the wheel man had indicated he had finished. But, more importantly the team failed to tell Alonso that his wheel could potentially come off.

[edit] - the Stewards put it better than me:

Renault "knowingly released car number seven from the pit stop position without one of the retaining devices for the wheel-nuts being securely in position, this being an indication that the wheel itself may not have been properly secured."

"being aware of this, Renault failed to take any action to prevent the car from leaving the pit lane... and failed to inform the driver of this problem or to advise him to take appropriate action given the circumstances, even though the driver contacted the team by radio believing he had a puncture."

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Why did I just post a laughing smiley? I'm not a retard who laughs at my own posts, especially ones that weren't even meant to be funny.

Anyway, Katherine Legge is FIT. That's all I have to add on the matter.

got her to autograph my Audi baseball cap at Brands last year, in the flesh she is FITTER :thumbsup:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Whilst I sort of agree re: Alonso missing his home grand prix. I believe that the ban reflects the severity of Renault's f*** up. It wasn't Alonso's fault, but it was not any single person's fault either. The car was released before the wheel man had indicated he had finished. But, more importantly the team failed to tell Alonso that his wheel could potentially come off.

[edit] - the Stewards put it better than me:

Renault "knowingly released car number seven from the pit stop position without one of the retaining devices for the wheel-nuts being securely in position, this being an indication that the wheel itself may not have been properly secured."

"being aware of this, Renault failed to take any action to prevent the car from leaving the pit lane... and failed to inform the driver of this problem or to advise him to take appropriate action given the circumstances, even though the driver contacted the team by radio believing he had a puncture."

Don't get me wrong I understand why they've been penalised, and I guess it's fair enough especially given the events of the last couple of weeks. All the same I do feel a bit sorry for Fernando though, especially as recently he seems to have stopped being a twat and has even made up with Hamilton.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All the same I do feel a bit sorry for Fernando though, especially as recently he seems to have stopped being a twat and has even made up with Hamilton.

He has never been a twat, anymore than Hamilton is a lying cheat, it's only half wit nationalistic British people who only saw one side of the Hamilton/Alonso argument at McClaren that labelled him a twat...imo

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
He has never been a twat, anymore than Hamilton is a lying cheat, it's only half wit nationalistic British people who only saw one side of the Hamilton/Alonso argument at McClaren that labelled him a twat...imo

Sorry but that's nonsense - regardless of what Hamilton is or isn't actions such as Alonso deliberately stopping in the pit box to stop his then team-mate Hamilton setting another fast lap in qualifying 2 years ago at Hungary are the actions of a twat.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I think that saying they "knowingly released" the car without the wheel properly on is wrong. They released him early by mistake. Where it sounds like they've been caught out is the second part which was failing to inform Alonso.

Also a little bit suprised that Red Bull haven't been called up about releasing Webber into the pit lane almost into the side of Kimi.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Bit hard on Alonso and Piquet. Let them race, but no other Renault employee to be there.
That would make the pit stops interesting.
rofl.gif

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry but that's nonsense - regardless of what Hamilton is or isn't actions such as Alonso deliberately stopping in the pit box to stop his then team-mate Hamilton setting another fast lap in qualifying 2 years ago at Hungary are the actions of a twat.

I think you have just proved my point about only seeing one side of the argument...you have conveniently forgotten that Hamilton refused to move out of Alonso's way a lap or two before when Ron Dennis told him to " f*** that was his response" hence Alonso took his rather excellent revenge :thumbsup: If Alonso was being twat, it was only in response to Hamilton's childish and equally twattish behaviour :shrug:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I think you have just proved my point about only seeing one side of the argument...you have conveniently forgotten that Hamilton refused to move out of Alonso's way a lap or two before when Ron Dennis told him to " f*** that was his response" hence Alonso took his rather excellent revenge :thumbsup: If Alonso was being twat, it was only in response to Hamilton's childish and equally twattish behaviour :shrug:

I think it is you who is failing to see my side of the argument. I am not making a judgment either way about Hamilton, because truthfully I hadn't heard anything about the incident you describe. All the same, Alonso did act like a twat, there's no denying that. Doesn't matter if it was in response to anything, a non-twat would have just got on with it and not acted like an idiot as Alonso did.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Any news on Räikkönen inquiry, us usual with Ferrari "it will looked at after the race"

I though it was for the manouver on Hamilton, but apparently it was the one on Vettel they are investigating.
Typical smug bastard, when interviewed afterwards, shrugged his shoulders and said "i don't know what your talking about what did i do, please explain to me" :wanker:

lancingtroop

Jul 7, 2008
alonso to replace massa for rest of season. rumored to be joining farrari at the end of season has a clause in his renult contract stating they have to give him a car for every grand prix or contract is void .... keep an eye on it.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Autosports poll for Massas replacement:

Name.......Number of Votes........Percentage
Code:
M Schumacher  	 [ 121 ]  	** [30.25%]
J Villeneuve 	[ 31 ] 	** [7.75%]
G Bruni 	[ 2 ] 	** [0.50%]
M Salo 	[ 3 ] 	** [0.75%]
J Alesi 	[ 4 ] 	** [1.00%]
D Coulthard 	[ 8 ] 	** [2.00%]
G Fisichella 	[ 5 ] 	** [1.25%]
V Luizzi 	[ 15 ] 	** [3.75%]
M Gene 	[ 35 ] 	** [8.75%]
L Badoer 	[ 21 ] 	** [5.25%]
T Sato 	[ 17 ] 	** [4.25%]
S Bourdais 	[ 50 ] 	** [12.50%]
F Alonso 	[ 59 ] 	** [14.75%]
N Piquet 	[ 12 ] 	** [3.00%]
A Davidson 	[ 17 ] 	** [4.25%]

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Really there are four candidates for Massa's seat.

-Luca Badoer
-Marc Gene
-Michael Schumacher
-Sebastien Bourdais

Luca Badoer hasn't driven in a f1 grand prix since 1999, but has substantial testing experience of the current ferrari.

Marc Gene was fantastic at Minardi (remember when they went mad after he scored their first point in years?), and has since driven 3 races at Williams in place of the injured Ralf Schumacher in 2006. Again, he has substantial experience of the ferrari car, as a ferrari test driver.

Michael Schumacher needs no introduction, but I doubt he can be coaxed out of retirement - he is also carrying an injury from a motorcycling accident earlier this year.

Sebastien Bourdais was fairly rubbish at Toro Rosso before he got dropped, however the Toro Rosso is powered by the same engine as the ferrari and he has recent race experince.

My money would go on Marc Gene (if I were a betting man) - but I would love to see Schumacher in for a couple of races.

alonso to replace massa for rest of season. rumored to be joining farrari at the end of season has a clause in his renult contract stating they have to give him a car for every grand prix or contract is void .... keep an eye on it.

Now, this, I could believe.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Interesting theory, but Alonso is hardly likely to go to Ferrari for 7 races with no guarantee of a drive there next season. And they're not going to get rid of Massa now, as long as he's fit for next season. So unless there are plans to dump Raikkonen I can't see that happening.

It has been rumoured for quite a while that Raikonnen is off at the end of the season. In formula one circles it is seen as probable that Alonso has already signed a pre-contract with ferrari.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It won't happen but I would LOVE it if Alonso got the Ferrari drive for the rest of the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here