Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Max has insisted that he’s not feeling the pressure at all, here’s the proof :lolol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59017996

Love it, ran wide at the corner before the straight, instead of just backing out tries to race LH into turn 1 then calls him a stupid idiot. Lewis is properly getting under his skin now and not giving an inch. Are Redbull going a bit Keegan-esque!?

Max Verstappen does not like being Verstappened!!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Surprised Max got pole there. First lap could be feisty with Hamilton in P2..

Roll on 8pm [emoji95]
giphy.gif

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Surprised Max got pole there. First lap could be feisty with Hamilton in P2..

Roll on 8pm [emoji95]
giphy.gif

You'd have to think the Red Bulls were sandbagging in FP1. Paul di Resta did some analysis straight after the session that showed clearly how and where the Mercs were faster, yet when it came to qualifying there was Max on pole.

Lots of turns on this circuit for things to get tasty on lap one as you say!

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Yeah not sure- the narrative from the two teams was that RB managed to dial in their setup Friday to Saturday, whereas Merc didn’t make the same progress so had effectively fallen behind come quali.

Assuming the front two manage to complete one lap without crashing into each other, strategy calls will be key with a 2 stop race likely.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Think this circuit regularly sees P2 leading at the end of the first lap given the layout and the stating positions so yep could be fireworks into turn 1, Mr Leclerc in 4th might fancy his chances if it becomes one big RB / Merc pile-up

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Yeah I think Ferraris are starting on softs as they set their fastest time in Q2 on those- so they should have a decent first few laps with everyone else on mediums with less grip.

D

Deleted member 2719

Think this circuit regularly sees P2 leading at the end of the first lap given the layout and the stating positions so yep could be fireworks into turn 1, Mr Leclerc in 4th might fancy his chances if it becomes one big RB / Merc pile-up

I expect Hamilton to be in front too if Verstappen can hold him off slash block him legally, he has to IMO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I expect Hamilton to be in front too if Verstappen can hold him off slash block him legally, he has to IMO.

If Hamilton can match Max off the grid it may well end in tears early doors, can’t see either of them backing off.

D

Deleted member 2719

If Hamilton can match Max off the grid it may well end in tears early doors, can’t see either of them backing off.

Yes, assuming they both get good starts, Perez and Bottas could feature too.

This is got to be all action start, if only we could see what their thought process is live!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, assuming they both get good starts, Perez and Bottas could feature too.

This is got to be all action start, if only we could see what their thought process is live!

I’m going for incredibly macho

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
GO LEWIS!! [emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95]

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
No idea what the Mercs were thinking not pitting Lewis straight after Max. He had some traffic and whilst Lewis may have still come out behind he would have had a chance. This is now Red Bulls to lose

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Lewis' pace slightly better than Max but I doubt he will have the pace to overtake on track. If he gets close enough would he deliberately take Max (and himself) out to stop Max increasing his lead in the championship?

D

Deleted member 2719

Hamilton should get Max within 4 laps from the end, Hamilton should win this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here