Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Lewis qualified on pole using mediums in Q2. Question, as he has been penalised by 10 places due to an engine change can he not choose whatever tyre he wants like everyone else who didn’t finish in the top 10?

All drivers who make it to Q3 start on their Q2 tyres. Doesn't matter where on the grid they start.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Come on you have done it, elbow over the edge, white shoes, peroxide hair, shouting "lets ave it" to the fairground man who has jumped in NO5.

You just could not resist it, you have just outed yourself as Raleigh Chopper, king of the abuse throwing.

I can assure you it wasn't me but to be fair it could have been almost anybody because like me, people are laughing their nuts off at your cretinous posts.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Lewis qualified on pole using mediums in Q2. Question, as he has been penalised by 10 places due to an engine change can he not choose whatever tyre he wants like everyone else who didn’t finish in the top 10?

Just to confirm the comments from [MENTION=33374]Audax[/MENTION] -
"If qualifying and starting the race on dry tyres, drivers who complete a lap during the third period of qualifying (the top ten) must start the race on the tyre set with which they recorded their fastest time during the second period.[17] Any cars that qualified outside the top ten may start the race on any remaining set of tyres. Cars must race on any 2 dry compounds during a race unless intermediate or wet tyres have been used by that car in that race." (My emphasis.)
Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_One_regulations#Tyres - it seemd simpler than going through the detailed F1 regs :)

D

Deleted member 2719

I can assure you it wasn't me but to be fair it could have been almost anybody because like me, people are laughing their nuts off at your cretinous posts.

Ah 'The original abusive troll' yet never a red card.

You have to be a mod second/third account.

You make out to be a leftie, who are suppose to care more about society than money. I pity the people who surround your bitter world. You have no idea on your targeted potentially damaging approach that you could do to people.

Try councilling it may be worthwhile for you.

Meanwhile back on track.

Merc look set to extend the constructors lead today. Quickest car? I should coco.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mouldy Boots;10033407 Merc look set to extend the constructors lead today. Quickest car? I should coco.[/QUOTE said:
Good, Red Bull has been the faster car in nearly all races so far. Somehow Max is still not leading the Championship having binned a 30 something point lead by not having a clue how to manage a Championship charge, how lucky is that tax dodger from a rich family Lewis Hamilton?

Semi joking aside, Max will have to feck up not to take the lead, really looking forward to it

D

Deleted member 2719

Good, Red Bull has been the faster car in nearly all races so far. Somehow Max is still not leading the Championship having binned a 30 something point lead by not having a clue how to manage a Championship charge, how lucky is that tax dodger from a rich family Lewis Hamilton?

Semi joking aside, Max will have to feck up not to take the lead, really looking forward to it

I think with the pace of Merc Bottas has every chance of landing this one being in the quicker car.

It's going to be all about the tyre wear IMO.

Make no bones, Merc coming into the season should have been streets ahead however a combination of Max and red bull has pressurised Merc to such an unforecastable small gap at this stage.

How exciting.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think with the pace of Merc Bottas has every chance of landing this one being in the quicker car.

It's going to be all about the tyre wear IMO.

Make no bones, Merc coming into the season should have been streets ahead however a combination of Max and red bull has pressurised Merc to such an unforecastable small gap at this stage.

How exciting.

I’ll predict Bottas getting swallowed up at the start but hope not. It’s about time he put in a decent race from start to finish. Massive underachieving so far this season in the main.

We all know who is best with their tyres, Lewis and Perez. Max uses his like a traffic light burn up teenager :lolol:

Exciting indeed, fingers crossed that there are no coming togethers or engine failures for the front runners and Lewis

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Looking like a wet race. Should be great!

I'll be amazed if Bottas holds off Max for any length of time but the fact that it's likely to be a wet race then there's a good chance of a safety car keeping things interesting.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ah 'The original abusive troll' yet never a red card.

You have to be a mod second/third account.

You make out to be a leftie, who are suppose to care more about society than money. I pity the people who surround your bitter world. You have no idea on your targeted potentially damaging approach that you could do to people.

Try councilling it may be worthwhile for you.

Meanwhile back on track.

Merc look set to extend the constructors lead today. Quickest car? I should coco.

I can promise you that he's not a mod account and I can promise you that if you don't stay on topic you can have a break from this thread, You're not the one who gets to set a whole load of ammunition off and then say "back on track".

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If the track stays this wet….lottery coming up

D

Deleted member 2719

Well, how boring was that?

Red Bull winning the points against the odds, Merc strategy mistake again, no fastest lap for Lewis?

Not a lot more to talk about. The excitement gets pushed on with fewer races to go.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Merc Garage.

Of course, we don't know whether Lewis would have ended up like Vettel's slick lap (or Norris at Sochi) by the end of that and got picked up, but ostensibly he was happy with the tyre and in a position to cancel out the grid penalty.

The rest of it was ****ing dull for a wet race. No SC and very little action. Wet but not wet enough.

D

Deleted member 2719

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Merc Garage.

Of course, we don't know whether Lewis would have ended up like Vettel's slick lap (or Norris at Sochi) by the end of that and got picked up, but ostensibly he was happy with the tyre and in a position to cancel out the grid penalty.

The rest of it was ****ing dull for a wet race. No SC and very little action. Wet but not wet enough.

Mr Pirelli thought it would have been a major risk, Merc may have saved lewis from getting nil poi. We will never know.

From a neutrals perspective, it would have been great to see him stay out and roll the dice.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Dull race, wasn’t expecting that! I see why Lewis was pissed but I think Mercedes made the right call. He was being caught by Perez by the time they called him in and a battle to hold him back on what would have been basically slick tyres could have seen him spin off. 8 points lost is no disaster,, not season defining as one of the OTT commentators suggested.

Next race in Austin favours the Mercs and Mexico the Red Bull?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Still a thrilling title race. Both drivers will be desperate to get themselves in a position where they know that if they win the last race that will be good enough for the title.

I reckon Bottas last ever win yesterday

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
wasn't such a bad race until the last 10-12 laps when it just turned into a procession. I blame the weather, the only semi predictable thing left.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Amazed Bottas was able to keep Max comfortably behind him, and that Red Bull never challenged for the lead. Shows the Mercedes is the most powerful car at the moment, and that must have rattled Mr Horner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here