Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Another meeting at 1740 with more lawyers present

It could already have gone Max’s way. Karen is grinning, I think they’ve got him off the overtake.

“The teams went into a meeting with the race director.

I can tell you that Mercedes took a barrister with them.

The head honchos from both race teams appeared before the stewards.

They then came out, Christian Horner looked at me, winked, broke into a little smile and carried on walking.”BBC

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
It could already have gone Max’s way. Karen is grinning, I think they’ve got him off the overtake.

“The teams went into a meeting with the race director.

I can tell you that Mercedes took a barrister with them.

The head honchos from both race teams appeared before the stewards.

They then came out, Christian Horner looked at me, winked, broke into a little smile and carried on walking.”BBC

I've just seen images of Red Bull representatives heading back for round two with the stewards, so I don't think we can expect any resolution to this any time soon.

From the BBC this is going to go on and on

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
So with the safety car- is the rule that they allow all lapped cars to overtake and then do one full lap before the safety car comes in and the race re-starts?

If so, allowing just 4 cars to unlap and then re-starting the race without the required extra lap does seem pretty rogue.

I know they are always obsessed with not finishing the race behind the safety car- but to throw the rule book in the bin to achieve that seems- fishy.

They seemed happy to run the Belgian GP behind the SC.

D

Deleted member 2719

At least Adrian Newey was able to sum up how lucky the
y’ve just got, Horner and Verstappen didn’t even mention the good fortune they got - which is quite incredible really. Newey should be interviewed more often instead of Horner!!!

Okay guys I feel the hurt on here. So I will leave this alone for a day or two hoping some level heads will view Max and Red Bull had every right to win that world championship.

You must be watching Hamilton Tv not to have seen Horner and Max not conceded their forturne, but let's face it, winners make their fortune and they made it throughout the season.

Next season will be interesting with George demanding and lewis demanding, what could go wrong?
It's clear that perez will be a team player..........

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Congratulations to Max on a great title campaign. If it wasn’t for him Mercedes would of wrapped it up 8 races ago. He took Mercedes on in a inferior car and became the new champion.

The Merc was quicker at the end of the season but there were big chunks where RB had the quicker car. To say otherwise would be laughable. Just like the title lead the car development has moved between the two teams throughout the season.

The FIA have had a shocking season and this is entirely of their own making again. Their desperation for entertainment has influenced their decisions all season and that is wrong, whether you are a Max or Lewis fan. Today is prime example, they were so desperate not to finish under the safety car and therefore the end result would have been less spectacular I feel they've rushed it through, made a decision on the hop and whether they reverse the decision or not they need to have a very hard look at their management structure as the people in charge don't seem to be up to the job

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Okay guys I feel the hurt on here. So I will leave this alone for a day or two hoping some level heads will view Max and Red Bull had every right to win that world championship.

Of course they had every right to win it. The question people are now asking is does the FIA have ‘every right’ to make the rules up as they go along?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Biggest shock of the day.
From start to finish this race had it all.
But just when the Champagne was going flat, blow me down with a soft tyre, the biggest shock of the day came up on screen.
Christian Horner is married to Ginger Spice.
Blimey......

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

You must be watching Hamilton Tv not to have seen Horner and Max not conceded their forturne, but let's face it, winners make their fortune and they made it throughout the season.

Next season will be interesting with George demanding and lewis demanding, what could go wrong?

I have not seen anyone blame Red Bull of MV for taking advantage of the situation the issue is that opportunity should never have been given.

One thing is for sure both drivers deserved better from the race directors today and in trying to create a spectacle they have created a farce

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Thank **** for that. Can you make a couple years?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Congratulations to Max on a great title campaign. If it wasn’t for him Mercedes would of wrapped it up 8 races ago. He took Mercedes on in a inferior car and became the new champion.

Adrian Newey said the Red Bull was the better car over the season.

No one's suggesting Max didn't deserve it, They're complaining that the referee gave him an undeserved penalty in the last minute, placed the ball for him and told him which way the keeper normally dives. Massi might as well have handed Max the trophy from the safety car.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

When are you going to understand that most people don't care what you think, say or do, because you are always wrong.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
What a cock up. Here's what now needs to happen.

Max must retain the title (though I don't like it). They can't go back now.
Massi must resign immediately
For next season, in race lobbying by the teams must stop. Communication should be one way. From FIA to team only.
All teams and drivers need to get together in a month and work out a set of rules. These rules must be rigorously adhered to even if it makes the race worse

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

I heard Horner say that they needed a miracle with 10 laps to go, and then admitting that they more or less got one, firstly with the crash and then with the Race Director's decision. I didn't hear Max say anything about being lucky, other than things went for Lewis earlier in the season and they went for him today. All fair enough comments in my view. It doesn't alter the fact that Masi made an incorrect ruling on the fly, after lobbying from Horner, to give Max an open goal for the title.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What a cock up. Here's what now needs to happen.

Max must retain the title (though I don't like it). They can't go back now.
Massi must resign immediately
For next season, in race lobbying by the teams must stop. Communication should be one way. From FIA to team only.
All teams and drivers need to get together in a month and work out a set of rules. These rules must be rigorously adhered to even if it makes the race worse

Good post, they cannot change the result but a restructure is needed and heads must roll, Massi must go immediately

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here