Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

f*** Off McGhee

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So he cares. Oxfam care, but I wouldn't let them run the country.

The really annoying thing this season is that in August I was certain we'd go down - but we've been better than that, to be fair in part to good McGhee signings like Frutos and Seb.

Apart from Reading, no one's really given us a good gubbing, and if we'd had a striker we'd have turned enough of those draws into wins to have a great chance of staying up.

The fact we haven't got one is McGhee's fault. He's wasted what money we did have on Turienzo, and failed to show initiative/prove his contacts in the game over loan signings in that key area.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tooting Gull said:

The really annoying thing this season is that in August I was certain we'd go down - but we've been better than that, to be fair in part to good McGhee signings like Frutos and Seb.

Apart from Reading, no one's really given us a good gubbing, and if we'd had a striker we'd have turned enough of those draws into wins to have a great chance of staying up.

The fact we haven't got one is McGhee's fault. He's wasted what money we did have on Turienzo, and failed to show initiative/prove his contacts in the game over loan signings in that key area.

So McGhee is in the running to run the country now?
Do we get Tony Blair instead?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
So McGhee is in the running to run the country now?
Do we get Tony Blair instead?

Hmm. Accept it Yorkie, not everyone agrees with your staunchly pro-McGhee whatever, pro-board whatever stance. And I'm someone who backs MM over getting rid of the little toerag Knight. Not everyone is of the same opinion.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: f*** Off McGhee

Yorkie said:
None of those managers have achieved what MM has achieved.

Sort of ignoring the Dowie point there ... a manager's track record is irrelevant if he's not delivering here and now (which, I know, is a whole different argument; ignore that - the point is, you shouldn't write off a potential replacement simply because he's inexperienced ... that's a non-starter).

Yorkie said:
even if we are this season it is because of the financial restraints placed on the whole club.

Hmm ... sounding a little like excuses being prepared there. "No matter what happens, regardless of any blunders he may make, it won't be McGhee's fault, it'll be those good old financial restraints ..."

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It's funny how only McGhee is allowed to make mistakes in the transfer market. It would be great to at last hear from the "McGhee Out" brigade who exactly they want to take his place. Then, let's look at THEIR dealings in the transfer market.

Ferguson, anyone? (Fortune, Djemba-Dejemba, Bellion, Kleberson, quite a few dodgy keepers in the post-Schmeicel era....)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yorkie said:
Have you seen his interviews? He cares and I really believe he is doing the best he can. More importantly, so do the board.
Find me a manager that doesn't care about doing his job and doesn't try his best?

Doesn't make a good manager.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Tooting Gull said:

lovely soundbite but whats that got to do with ANYTHING? Don't jump on the McGhee-out bandwagon if your only grumble is the signing of one player.A player who's total lack of exposure leads me,for one, to believe there's more to this tale than we've been told.Otherwise, an accurate pro-McGhee post.Nice one.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
2 of Owusu, Barnard, Asaba or Trevor Benjamin should already be at this club, then I think we'd be above the relegation places.

I don't think McGhee has done much wrong since taking the job on, but I can't understand why he didn't bring somebody in during the transfer window, and I honestly feel that will be the difference this season.

People will say we have no money and crap facilities, and I accept that this will prevent 90% of signings, but if teams like Crewe can attract strikers I believe that we should also be able to attract strikers, if for no other reason than we're in the Championship and it's a shop window.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
fosters headband said:
Did you think he was a bad manager when we won at Cardiff and when we got our point against Ipswich Bob?
Nope.

I wasn't particularly enamored with him the first season, playing very poor football with a side that Steve Coppell had already shown were capable of much better, but he got us up. Last season I thought he did a good job, this season I believe he's lost the plot, as has eventually happened at most clubs he's managed.

Pavilionaire said:
2 of Owusu, Barnard, Asaba or Trevor Benjamin should already be at this club, then I think we'd be above the relegation places.

I don't think McGhee has done much wrong since taking the job on, but I can't understand why he didn't bring somebody in during the transfer window, and I honestly feel that will be the difference this season.

People will say we have no money and crap facilities, and I accept that this will prevent 90% of signings, but if teams like Crewe can attract strikers I believe that we should also be able to attract strikers, if for no other reason than we're in the Championship and it's a shop window.

After his amount of time in the profession, you'd have hoped he had some contacts or could get a couple of lads in that we need.

Apparently not, as all we've seen is the better players get sold on.

Perhaps Dick Knight needed the funds more than the higher league position, in order to keep the club in the league at all, after(or during) the Falmer fight ?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Possibly, possibly not but i've got a hunch that Dick Knight wants whats best for the Albion.So there must be a good reason

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wages have been freed up by Leon's move, so surely no extra outlay if a loan player had been brought in?

I take the point that these legal costs from the appeal have taken away from any transfer budget, but then if the manager says we desperately need strikers to convert losses into draws and draws into wins and we actually GET RID of strikers, rather than recruit, isn't it tantamount to raising the white flag?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tooting Gull said:
Hmm. Accept it Yorkie, not everyone agrees with your staunchly pro-McGhee whatever, pro-board whatever stance. And I'm someone who backs MM over getting rid of the little toerag Knight. Not everyone is of the same opinion.

That's pretty obvious from the postings on Nsc.
What I am saying is there is a lot of fans who do back the management (at the moment)
I'm not blindly applauding everything that is going on but I cannot see what else can be done when you look at the larger picture of getting a ground and keeping the club in business.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Pavilionaire said:

Strikers who want to work, not strikers who only get 4 goals in a season.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Trigger said:
Strikers that get 4 a season, we can only dream of such luxuries.

:(

Exactly. The midfielders and defenders can do it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
They have not, and will not, get us enough goals.

I'm pissed off that we didn't get Benji, he knows the other players and would have slotted in nicely. I'd love to know why McGhee wasn't interested.

Pavilionaire said:
They have not, and will not, get us enough goals.

I'm pissed off that we didn't get Benji, he knows the other players and would have slotted in nicely. I'd love to know why McGhee wasn't interested.

Cambridge, Leicester, Palace, Norwich, West Brom, the Gills, Rushden, Brighton, Northampton, Coventry, Peterborough, Watford, Swindon.

13 clubs in just over 5 years.

Might be a clue?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here