Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Explain Yourself

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
All the lyrics sites quote the P&tTTBs lyric as Mullard, not Mulllered, but Peter definitely sings 'erred', not 'ard' and I've never heard Arthur Mullard be called Arthur Mullered by anyone. The lyrics sites all take from each other, so if it was written wrong once, it will be replicated. Unfortunately, the song's not on 'Pissed and Proud' as I'm pretty sure my copy's got the song lyrics on the inner sleeve. Unless anyone can ask Del or Peter we'll never know which is right.
It’s bothering me now, I think we need to find out the answer :smile:
Is Del still on NSC?

@Peacehaven Wild Kids Do you know if it’s Mullered or Mullard?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
From when I first started posting on NSC and there was an Orient supporting poster, banned long ago, called WATFORD O who was a bit of a WUM. I set up the account WATFORD 0 and started posting and WATFORD O got very excited, insisting his account had been hacked and it wasn't him. After about a week of this I got bored and got a mod to change mine to WATFORD zero.

Luckily I also managed to get a picture of @dwayne, a ginger black poster from that time to use as my profile pic.
Have I ever met you ?

Anyway I'm named Dwayne because that's my name and I'm a black , ginger , bodybuilder a bit like the rock.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Have I ever met you ?

Anyway I'm named Dwayne because that's my name and I'm a black , ginger , bodybuilder a bit like the rock.

Never introduced, but I was in your office a few times back when you were an Excel monkey, before you 'buffed up' Potter style and became 'friend of the famous' :wink:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Got friends who are Hull City fans.

About 25 years ago ish, around the time of the Foot and Mouth crisis funnily enough, I went with them to Carlisle for an end of season piss up.

After the game, Carlisle fans poured onto the pitch for a scrap with Hull. Punches were thrown, and there was one lad dressed in a black hoodie who had his face covered and was bouncing up and down like a deranged Ninja.

Hence the birth of the name, which I've had on here since around 2001/2.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Interesting. Bit creepy should have introduced yourself really !!

You're right, I should have, but you appeared to be quite busy, and when being show around a client who's has bought your software, approaching one of their staff with 'Hello dwayne, you're the buff black bodybuilder from NSC' to a white ginger kid they know as Thomas ? I was worried that it may have been considered 'a bit creepy' :shrug:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I seem to recall hearing that the only musician of note to own a mellotron 'back in the day' was Rick Wakeman. His credits include Space Oddity (Bowie). But a quick bit of research show Mike Pinder played one in the 60s for the Moody Blues. And by 71 Genesis and others had one.
I'd guess you might have conflated the mellotron (which Wakeman did play, but along with lots of other people) with the Birotron, a similar instrument that he helped develop. Apparently there were only about 30 odd built and there's only two left in working order.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
You're right, I should have, but you appeared to be quite busy, and when being show around a client who's has bought your software, approaching one of their staff with 'Hello dwayne, you're the buff black bodybuilder from NSC' to a white ginger kid they know as Thomas ? I was worried that it may have been considered 'a bit creepy' :shrug:
The creepy bit was you knowing who I am I guess ;) although my name is Dwayne 🥴

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I am extremely proud to borrow the Great name "Tug Wilson" .
When i bought and read "SEAGULLS! The story of BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION F.C. by Tim Carder and Roger Harris Ernie Wilson stuck out firstly of course as our most "capped" if you will player 509 league games 566 all in , after reading about him i found we had a few things in common .

We are both short and stocky , difference is this guy could play and "massive" turned him away because he was too small 5`6" -their loss right , to be honest it`s sad how little there is to read about this Great man . He was our number 11 and had a great left foot he retired at 37 and died at 56 .

This is one time i genuinely wish my name was Dumbass , no need for explanation and lots of thumbs up , but with such an illustrious handle i really feel like i haven`t done him justice , but from what i have read neither have the history books - maybe because we are just "little old Brighton" .

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
"Jonathan Livingstone Seagull" was a bit obvious but back in the day, Red Ken was a total legend in my eyes. Thus, my 'ommage to an icon of the Greater London Council days...the era of my initial trek West. I'll sign off with a Ken quote that sounds a bit like something my friend HWT would offer: "Every year the international financial system kills more people than world war two. But at least Hitler was mad." Loved the original legend that was Harry Wilson too, BTW.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I knew a Bob Page (HH copper & biker) who had a brother called Dave (played cricket for Wivelsfield)
Don't recall either had any interest in BHAFC - any relation?
Bob Page - another Deus Ex character.

He’s the in-universe Elon Musk, before Musk was a thing. Billionaire technocrat attempting and succeeding in controlling “free speech” through his own information networks, ultimately plotting on world domination.

All the while attempting to give off a “man of the people” persona, while simultaneously spying and subjecting the poorest in society to his own politics and getting rich off them in the mean time.

IMG_3878.jpeg

He’s very evil - if the red eyes didn’t give that away.

He creates a deadly plague through one of his subsidiaries called the “Grey Death”, and also manufactures the vaccine/cure, so he can directly control the populace, governments and nations.

Walton Simons (his Lieutenant):
This plague... the rioting is intensifying to the point where we may not be able to contain it.

Bob Page:
Why contain it? Let it spill over the schools and churches, let the bodies pile up in the streets. In the end they'll beg us to save them.

Oh, and Musk himself is a big fan of the game. Make of that what you will.

f***ing love this game.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here